Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This. The change doesn't bother me but if we had to choose one, definitely DST.
    Same here. I used to be a proponent of the longer days/evenings when I was working for mountain biking, golf, et al but now that I'm done, it really doesn't matter. But definitely DST for me as I'm not really a morning person, anyway.

DST ftmfw! I already go to work in the dark so I want more time in the evening for kids/dog/ tinkering etc. I’m pretty damn far north, little more than Issaquah and it won’t effect resorts opening on time in the winter. Fuck standing in line for 2 hrs as well, light out or not.

Well our white collar senators just made DST the official time.

Thanks for making my kids walk in the dark to school.

Never mind they (and every other cubicle snowflake) all could have just taken their asses to work at 8:00AM instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Well our white collar senators just made DST the official time.

Thanks for making my kids walk in the dark to school.
    Through snowdrifts thiiiis deep and its uphill both ways.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Permanent Standard Time. Noon is fucking noon. Not my fault that white collar can’t get to work before 9:00AM and thus can’t get their 18holes in after work.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Split the difference. Fall back 30 minutes next November and then leave it the fuck alone.
    Yes...the happy compromise

Night skiing in the morning? COOL!

Y2K crisis again having to update every single digital clock in every single device... atomic clock melt's down WINNING!
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    There goes first chair on powder days. I was always willing to rally and get up super early for first chair on powder days but I would imagine that the resorts will now open an hour later at least this far north which means far less chance of getting a first chair unless I want to stand for 2 hours in the dark. After work tours in late February early March will be a thing perhaps. I am for as I am more of an evening person but I guess we will see.
    You'll be waiting a lot longer than that because patrol can't start bombing until it's light enough, so expect more delayed openings on snow safety days.
    A lot of the angst over time could be solved if we weren't so rigid about what time things open. Kids go to school too early as it is--plenty of studies about that. Can't work hours be adjusted to accommodate later school hours in the winter? Can't resort hours change as sunrise and sunset change?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You'll be waiting a lot longer than that because patrol can't start bombing until it's light enough, so expect more delayed openings on snow safety days.
    A lot of the angst over time could be solved if we weren't so rigid about what time things open. Kids go to school too early as it is--plenty of studies about that. Can't work hours be adjusted to accommodate later school hours in the winter? Can't resort hours change as sunrise and sunset change?
    So you’re advocating for flex time?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Maybe let’s try Universal Standard Time. One time for all, no matter the long or lat you are located. Since everyone in the developed world is going flexible work location anyways, just set the hours that work for you, your family, and business. It already exists in theory anyways.

I want DT in the winter and Double Daylight Time in the summer, it gets light too damn early in the summer, I'm trying to sleep over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    There goes first chair on powder days. I was always willing to rally and get up super early for first chair on powder days but I would imagine that the resorts will now open an hour later at least this far north which means far less chance of getting a first chair unless I want to stand for 2 hours in the dark. After work tours in late February early March will be a thing perhaps. I am for as I am more of an evening person but I guess we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    So you’re advocating for flex time?

Might be tough in the OR--surgeon there at 700, RN doesn't show until 8 because she's married to the surgeon and you know he's not going to take the kids to school, tech shows up at 10 hungover, anesthesiologist takes the day off, and the patient gets pissed off and goes home. Pardon the stereotypes. (FWIW I always thought OR's started too early).

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Might be tough in the OR--surgeon there at 700, RN doesn't show until 8 because she's married to the surgeon and you know he's not going to take the kids to school, tech shows up at 10 hungover, anesthesiologist takes the day off, and the patient gets pissed off and goes home. Pardon the stereotypes. (FWIW I always thought OR's started too early).
    Accurate. I wouldn’t want to start later, we already have 10-12 hours of surgery scheduled

I say no, it would eliminate getting skin laps in before work in winter, unless you ski down in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WA voted to stay on DST but evidently we can't change until ther feds do. If that is true how did AZ manage it?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Cool. We did this before
    I have always had a distinct memory of going to 2nd grade when it was dark out. We walked to school so it was weird to be heading in the dark. Couldn’t figure out why we did that and recently I realized that was the year we tried year round DST. It sucked then, it will suck again.

The only good thing about doing it now is I’ll be close to retirement when it kicks in. If I don’t have to get up for work, I’m ok with an 8:30am sunrise in the winter.

New opening times for ski resorts will be 10am.

4 Time Balboa Open Champion

I have been dreaming of this for decades! Bring it!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hallelujah. I can’t believe any of you are against this. The time switch literally kills and injures people every single year.

If Rubio is for something, it’s a bad idea.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...er-days/?amp=1

Although year-round daylight saving time is popular with outdoor enthusiasts, people who like to party and those who like to sell things to them, standard time is significantly better for most people, said Horacio de la Iglesia, a professor of biology at the University of Washington. His work on sleep cycles contributed to Seattle Public Schools decision to start school later for middle and high school students.

On Seattle’s shortest day, the sun rises at around 8 a.m. and sets just after 4 p.m. If Washington switched to year-round DST, the sun would rise at 9 a.m. and set at 5 p.m. that day in Seattle.

“You may think that the extra hour of evening light we gain with DST is good for you,” he explained. “But research shows that the hour of morning light we miss out on under DST is unhealthy for your body and mind.”

Human sleep patterns prefer to be in sync with “solar time,” he said, and standard time is closer to true solar time.

De la Iglesia said that under DST — when the clock is artificially shifted an hour ahead — we are asking our brains and bodies to wake up an hour earlier than they are biologically prepared to do. Sleep and mood disorders would follow, he said

—————

One of the big arguments is the deaths that occur around the DST shifts, how many will occur when people are out of whack in the morning?

We tried this in the ‘70s. It lasted 10 months.

Great example of something where there is minor, short term pain for pretty good long term benefit. I think most people don’t know what it means in practice to get rid DST changes.

Oh the arrogance ....
    Let's change time, even the motion of the sun, to make our lives more convenient.

Permanent Daylight Saving Time

I’m in favor of standard time. I get up and outside early. I like the solitude and the people you do see, seem happier.
    After work types seem full of angst.

I was waterskier in Indiana when they stayed on standard time. It was astounding how many more people were out on the lake early, after they changed to DST.
    I guess by that metric, we should change.

I can’t believe skiers on a ski forum support this.