Jet ski fishing Oregon Coast????

Anybody on here doing this? I fish regularly in the summer, mainly out of Newport but also Garibaldi, sporadically the rest of the year...for just about anything. Too often, I am solo and would be cool to hook up with others. Lemme know!

Quote Originally Posted by JWoody View Post
    Anybody on here doing this? I fish regularly in the summer, mainly out of Newport but also Garibaldi, sporadically the rest of the year...for just about anything. Too often, I am solo and would be cool to hook up with others. Lemme know!
    There used to be some folks on the forum iFish that did the jetski fishing thing. It may be worth a look over there.

Yeah, I am on there once in a while and have hooked up with a few folks. Most tend to be weekender folks. I guess I should have specified weekdays are my preference. Thank you!

Me and Oregondead don't do the jetski fishing, but we like to shellfish in Newport.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Work took me away for a few days. What shellfish are you going after in Newport? Most of the shellfish I have done is razor clams, but up on the north coast. Me thinks you guys need jet skis to go get salmon, lingcod, rockfish, and tuna as well! Reasonable way, cost-wise, to get good groceries. And a ski on the ocean is fun as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by JWoody View Post
    Work took me away for a few days. What shellfish are you going after in Newport? Most of the shellfish I have done is razor clams, but up on the north coast. Me thinks you guys need jet skis to go get salmon, lingcod, rockfish, and tuna as well! Reasonable way, cost-wise, to get good groceries. And a ski on the ocean is fun as hell.
    My favorite in Newport is the varnish clams, now that I've figured out the proper way to clean them. The bag limit is very high because they are an invasive species.

Then I like picking the mussels.

Lastly, rock crab and dungeness.

One of these days, I'll get myself a gaper.

Although we love going shellfishing, atm, we're honestly kinda learning more about fishing in general.

I was pretty into dirty reservoir carp fishing back in Colorado. My sister is so obsessed to the point that she tags the big game (lol!), so its a way for me to spend time with her.

Honestly never really made much of an effort to branch out of that, but we've made a plan for getting a trout in the local reservoir.

Nice! And, carp on a fly rod is a pretty worthy prize. They fight like hell. I had no idea about the invasive clam you speak of. I will have to check that out. I like clams but don't dedicate much time on them. Heading to Mexico tomorrow and hoping to do a bit of fishing while I am down there. Hope you get out somewhere!