Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee

Construction help in Truckee, CA

As is in every resort community now, we are unable to find anyone to help us with some construction projects at our house in the Lake Tahoe area of California. Ok, I take it back, I just received a quote of $20,000 in labor to erect an external staircase on the side of our garage (estimated 4 days of work). I cannot justify paying someone 20-25% of my annual salary to complete 4 days of work.

The good news, is that I have been handling around 80% of all the projects we have been doing based on my past construction experience, combined with spending hours on YouTube. There comes a point with some of these jobs though that I want someone around that has done said thing before and can have the ultimate say in how we handle the gray areas of what the plans may be showing...Projects include an exterior staircase (plans/engineering/permits in hand) with a roofing overhang component, basic framing, drywall, interior carpentry. Basic electrical and plumbing a bonus as well (water heater install, moving light switches, etc). Depending on timing stemwall footing foundation & trenching for utilities (we are building another detached ADU on our lot)

With that being said, the ideal candidate here would be someone with broad residential construction experience that wants to post up in the Truckee/Tahoe area for a few weeks/months/whatever. Climbing/skiing/biking/hiking addict. Depending on timing, we may have a private 600SF ADU available to house you. If not, we have ample parking if you are a Van Lifer. with access to in house amenities. We are located close to lots of world class climbing and mountain biking and can get you dialed in on both. We have a moon board in our garage to train on if the weather sucks. The detached garage with the moon board is also a viable space to post up with a sofa bed, heater, TV, etc. We've got options!

I am only posting this request on TGR because its the only place I could envision making a connection like this that would work. Obviously lots of variables to work out, but we are in desperate times up here to find any sort of help and the right situation could be awesome for both parties.
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

If you want it done, gots to do it yourself in these times. If its only 4 days of work then get some day labor and dive in. Oh and pre-order your materials because just concrete is like 6 weeks out right now.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    Yea for sure, that has been the strategy up until now. Theres just some details in the plans that would be nice to have someone who has done it before make some final calls on. And some stuff like plumbing where if I fail to sweat copper joints adequately, I could flood my house. I guess thats what PEX is for though.

Will most likely be piecing it together and working on getting input as I go.
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"