Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2707
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    I’m feeling pretty optimistic right now. I’d love to see Judge hit another HR or two and win the triple crown as well as MVP but a successful post season would ultimately be more satisfying.
    Just saw the exchange between Boone and Severino when Boonie told him he's done after throwing 7 no-no innings.

Ooof, I don't know how I'd handle that, or what effects it may carry over while they sit for a week.
    I still call it The Jake.

Taking healthy pitchers out during no hitters is garbage. Sucks the morale out of the team

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Taking healthy pitchers out during no hitters is garbage. Sucks the morale out of the team
    In a franchise known for massive egos and clubhouse cliques, I have to wonder how this plays out.

I think the Yankees’ morale is pretty good right now. Severino is just back from an injury. If they let him go deep in a game that doesn’t really matter and he hurt himself again right before the playoffs, what then? Of course they took him out.

“Because a combined no-hitter is to a no-hitter what boneless wings are to chicken wings: a lesser version not worthy of respect.”

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...BJ3u30ZKzEKxzQ

I went to the Mariners game last night versus the Tigers. It was difficult for me to know who to root for. I'm a lifelong Tigers fans, but obviously they're completely out of it, whereas the Mariners still had a chance at the #1 wildcard spot going into the game. In any event it was nice to see Julio Rodriguez getting right back into it on his return and also to see Miguel Cabrera knock in a run.

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

He is just back off IL. Even he said it was the right move.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/03/yankee...o-hit-innings/
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

What else is he supposed to say?

Eh, he could have said that he's a competitor and he wants to pitch but he's not the coach, or something like that. He didn't have to say it was the right move.

And come on, the guy was on the DL for 2 months, this was his third start, and his previous two the pitch counts were in the 60s and 70s, and we're heading into the playoffs. It was an obvious call. As Boone said, if he had that pitch count after 8, much harder decision. After 7? Easy.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    arraez sitting again. i take back every nice thing i said about the twins and the announcers this season. the organization and everyone in their orbit is a fucking loser. i’m glad now that the guardians buried you, enjoy third place for the next decade since you obviously don’t give a shit about winning anyway. i also regret rooting for you in 1991 when everyone else was pulling for the braves. i took a lot of shit for that going on my own way in sixth grade and it was not worth it. kirby puckett is a sex offender.
    They report that he has a hamstring injury, BTW, and is day to day.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Welp, there it is!

(Can we please move on to Postseason Baseball now?)

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Welp, there it is!

(Can we please move on to Postseason Baseball now?)
    Not quite yet.

I'm gonna contend that Judge's AL HR Record must have an asterisk.
    The Babe hit 60 HR against AL teams. Maris hit 61 HR vs AL teams.
    Judge so far has hit only 52 of his HR against AL teams.
    In this modern age of MLB with interleague play, it must be noted that 10 of his HR this season were hit against NL teams.
    Not a true AL record.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I’ll add another asterisk: I bet Judge is juicing but hasn’t been caught.

Bravos clinch the NL East.

Absolutely incredible. 10.5 games back in June and around 7 a month ago.

The Guards and the Bravos are the two hottest teams heading into the playoffs.

Come on, give me a rematch of the '95 Series, please.

Except this time, the Guardiac Kids win it.

Phils snuck in, too. Gonna get good fast

24 more hours and the the records start clean. I just wish the Dodgers were going in playing a little better baseball. The offense has been dogshit for 2 weeks now. Oh well, they have enough talent to turn it on. Hopefully the 5 days off help.

While I always kinda expected the Mets to get caught, it still hurts. That said, they didn't collapse, at all (other than getting swept in that series). Yes, they lost a 10 game lead, but they were something like 20+ games over .500 in that span, on a 96 win pace. The Braves just got INSANELY hot, gotta tip my hat and move on to the wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    24 more hours and the the records start clean. I just wish the Dodgers were going in playing a little better baseball. The offense has been dogshit for 2 weeks now. Oh well, they have enough talent to turn it on. Hopefully the 5 days off help.
    For the Dodgers I wouldn't worry about anything they've done lately. When you're that far ahead it's got to be hard to keep your foot on the gas.

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    While I always kinda expected the Mets to get caught, it still hurts. That said, they didn't collapse, at all (other than getting swept in that series). Yes, they lost a 10 game lead, but they were something like 20+ games over .500 in that span, on a 96 win pace. The Braves just got INSANELY hot, gotta tip my hat and move on to the wild card.
    They got swept by the cubs and lost 2/3 to (holds nose) Washington last month which looks terrible but they went 15-11. Not bad at all.

Atlanta went something like 76-32, are the defending champs, and arguably have a better team than last year. And it’s still possible it ends up in a tie (atl obv gets tiebreaker). Over 100 wins! Good fuckin team!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    For the Dodgers I wouldn't worry about anything they've done lately. When you're that far ahead it's got to be hard to keep your foot on the gas.
    Well they have such a good track record in October after 100+ win regular seasons so they better get the foot back on the gas, 1 covid title notwithstanding.
    Decisions Decisions

Good lord, Mets fans are insufferable. I can't listen to sports talk radio around here for a while.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Couple little notes today. What happened to the Giants? Going from 100+ to sub .500, that's pretty unusual. Also, there are no races for spots left going into the last day of the season. It was my impression that MLB wanted all of this wild card stuff to sell more tickets and create drama, but instead we just have some fading teams going into the postseason. The changes seem to backfire as often as not, I am cringing about the rule changes for next year already. At least there's no reason to think about it much for another month. Or, if you're a Yankee fan, two weeks.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Good lord, Mets fans are insufferable. I can't listen to sports talk radio around here for a while.
    I don't know, Danno sounds pretty reasonable in his acceptance of his team's fate.

The Mariners played a doubleheader yesterday to make up an early season game against the Tigers. The first game went to extra innings and the Mariners used their backup catcher, Luis Torrens, to pitch in the tenth. He gave up a run, but the Mariners scored twice in their half of the inning giving Torrens the win. He's the first non-pitcher in Mariners history to win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I don't know, Danno sounds pretty reasonable in his acceptance of his team's fate.
    You 100% sure he doesn't call WFAN 660 using the alias "Vinny from Queens?"
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    The Mariners played a doubleheader yesterday to make up an early season game against the Tigers. The first game went to extra innings and the Mariners used their backup catcher, Luis Torrens, to pitch in the tenth. He gave up a run, but the Mariners scored twice in their half of the inning giving Torrens the win. He's the first non-pitcher in Mariners history to win a game.
    This is why baseball is so great. Something that has never been done in 100+ years of the game can happen at any time.

Like the Tigers losing to a backup catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    You 100% sure he doesn't call WFAN 660 using the alias "Vinny from Queens?"
    I’d certainly be impressed if he gave it that kind of commitment.

I wonder if Jimmy from Queens is a distant cousin of regular caller on 92.3 The Fan, Chuck from Cleveland.

Does Jimmy sound like a daydrinker?