Page 37 of 109 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    What an epic trip though.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    What an epic trip though.
    Yeah. Honestly can’t believe it took this long to hit some weather. I’ve been super lucky.

Sorry bout the rain Supermoon!

Also, has anyone else noticed that Umps pants are pleated?

That’s so fucking appropriate.
    I still call it The Jake.

Drove into the Bronx for some $19 seats.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51F39C0D-FC60-42C3-8A66-B1D45D6B7295.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	491.3 KB 
ID:	421373

Got a free hat courtesy of Wendys

Name:	D1392A38-3C1D-430C-B5D0-83D8D8C5417D.jpeg 
Views:	39 
Size:	278.2 KB 
ID:	421372

Cheap tickets make for a weird crowd. British kid behind us sounded like Oliver Twist. The game was alright until the Yankees blew their lead in the last inning. Not super exciting baseball or anything but alright. Oh well

Edwin Diaz deserves CYA consideration.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post

Cheap tickets make for a weird crowd. British kid behind us sounded like Oliver Twist. The game was alright until the Yankees blew their lead in the last inning. Not super exciting baseball or anything but alright. Oh well
    Nice. I think the outfield is the place to sit there.

Fucking Wendy, whoring around for the Yankees. She’s from fucking Columbus, Ohio fer Pete’s sake.

If I had a nickel for every girl from Ohio that moves to NYC and starts wearing a Yankee hat with her THE Ohio State university t shirt...

in other news..
    Cardinals are just so damn consistently good.

Woah. Blue Jays fire Charlie Montoya even though they would be in the playoffs if they started today. Seems odd.

Yeah, there were murmurs it was a possibility but the timing is weird. Some are speculating the decision was made sometime last week during their disastrous trip to west, but was paused due to the death of Budzinski's daughter.

He got a lot of flack for some of his pitching decisions but overall I don't see this solving the Jays main issues right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    If I had a nickel for every girl from Ohio that moves to NYC and starts wearing a Yankee hat with her THE Ohio State university t shirt...

in other news..
    Cardinals are just so damn consistently good.
    The ones that don’t move to Chicago and buy a Cubs hat.

Day baseball in Denver.

Name:	IMG_9513.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	421475
    29/30

Holy shit, what’s left?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Holy shit, what’s left?
    Just T-Mobile in Seattle next Saturday. Headed home to PDX tomorrow until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Just T-Mobile in Seattle next Saturday. Headed home to PDX tomorrow until then.
    Incredible. Very jealous.

You know, by TRG law, you are obligated to prepare a thorough trip report replete with fun bits picked up along the way, pro-tips, likes and dislikes. We may even insist on a ranking.

Oh look, Freddie Freeman's fired agent is suing Fox Sports for libel for reporting why Freddie fired him.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...reddie-freeman

Curious.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 07-14-2022 at 03:28 PM.

Yeah. Fucking impressive man. Bravo, well done.

11 of the last 13 Sox games started by rookies. The real pitching staff must be on vacation or something.

Speaking of rookies, Jays are about to lose to KCR's farm team. This hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Day baseball in Denver.

Name:	IMG_9513.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	233.1 KB 
ID:	421475
    29/30
    love it.
    Remember free or $5 tickets to the rockpile back in the 90s. Fun place to see a day game
    Well done

Worried about Freddie as he seems miserable.
    last 7 .536/.594/.929

Fucking Wendy, whoring around for the Yankees. She’s from fucking Columbus, Ohio fer Pete’s sake.
    I’m sure Ramirez would secretly like to be on the Yankees too.

Worried about Freddie as he seems miserable.
    last 7 .536/.594/.929
    Another WS ring will cheer him right up.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Oh look, Freddie Freeman's fired agent is suing Fox Sports for libel for reporting why Freddie fired him.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...reddie-freeman

Curious.
    I think you forgot the quotes around "reporting"; it sure never seemed like it was journalism.

There's nothing curious about this at all. What Gottlieb said at the time seemed really odd for an experienced agent involved in a $100M+ negotiation, I didn't believe it right from the start. And there is zero doubt that it caused great injury to Close, hence the suit. The success of the suit may very well turn on whether Close is considered a "public figure" for purposes of libel law. And will possibly turn on the source of Gottlieb's tweet.

But regardless of whether Close is successful in the suit, the key here is that it will allow him to depose Freeman, the ATL GM/execs, etc., and get them to answer under oath. I am fairly certain that it will come out that Gottlieb's tweet was false. Close may have advised Freeman to approach the negotiation a certain way, to take a tack that led to the outcome we saw, and that ultimately Freeman had second thoughts about the outcome and hence the termination of the agency, but I highly doubt that it went down the way that has been claimed by unnamed sources. That always seemed fishy to me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I’m sure Ramirez would secretly like to be on the Yankees too.
    Hosey gave up an extra hundred fucking million dollars to stay in Cleveland when he signed his deal this March. He said the extra $100M is no different than the $135M he took, and the only difference is, he, and his family are happy there.

We should be building him a statue starting two months ago and celebrate every March 20th or whatever it was as “José Ramírez is a fucking baseball saint and should be celebrated at all costs Day”.

He saw the heat Lindor faces in NYC and wanted no part of it.

I think this world is just that much better when a man can choose happiness over money (and still take home a fuck ton of money).

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think you forgot the quotes around "reporting"; it sure never seemed like it was journalism.

There's nothing curious about this at all. What Gottlieb said at the time seemed really odd for an experienced agent involved in a $100M+ negotiation, I didn't believe it right from the start. And there is zero doubt that it caused great injury to Close, hence the suit. The success of the suit may very well turn on whether Close is considered a "public figure" for purposes of libel law. And will possibly turn on the source of Gottlieb's tweet.

But regardless of whether Close is successful in the suit, the key here is that it will allow him to depose Freeman, the ATL GM/execs, etc., and get them to answer under oath. I am fairly certain that it will come out that Gottlieb's tweet was false. Close may have advised Freeman to approach the negotiation a certain way, to take a tack that led to the outcome we saw, and that ultimately Freeman had second thoughts about the outcome and hence the termination of the agency, but I highly doubt that it went down the way that has been claimed by unnamed sources. That always seemed fishy to me.
    Not a bad analysis counselor, and I don’t necessarily agree with you. I think this is ore likely to bring everyone to the ground, not just Gottlieb.

Edit: don’t necessarily DIS-agree with you Danno...
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 07-15-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Ok ok, I was just kidding. He’s a saint

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    11 of the last 13 Sox games started by rookies. The real pitching staff must be on vacation or something.
    Looks like everything is coming together for the Sox (Sale, Whitlock) as the wheels come off for the Yanks (Sevy down, bullpen and starters completely shitting the bed, Judge looks like Gallo over the last two weeks).

Next 3 are Eovaldi, Pivetta, and Sale vs Monty, Taillon, and Cole though. I'd call it fun but I hate these 4 hour games and the unbalanced schedule, so hopefully we get 2/3 and at least it's over.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi