Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2707
    Alright, tonight is the night

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Winning a pennant is awesome and is definitely worth celebrating, especially in the AL East - fuck you talkin' about...
    Congrats on the division title (not a pennant). They hanging banners for that now in the Bronx?
    Decisions Decisions

A A RON!

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    A A RON!
    The look on the face of the guy who leaned out but missed the catch was priceless. It ended up in the bullpen

A A RON!
    Congrats to Judge, hope for his sake he can break the record. Seems like a nice dude.

Also, it's incredible the staying power of that Substitute Teacher skit (it's fucking hilarious) and I predict a serious drop in parents naming their kids A-A-ron for the foreseeable future.
    I still call it The Jake.

Guards in extra innings AGAIN. Yes, I know that's not the same as a HR record tying game, but it's so much damn fun. Every single Guardians win from this point forward is just gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Guards in extra innings AGAIN. Yes, I know that's not the same as a HR record tying game, but it's so much damn fun. Every single Guardians win from this point forward is just gravy.
    Just about to mention the same. Could have been the same result last night too but damn, you gotta feel good about this team, and really, these pitchers as they rest/tune up for the Postseason.

Beiber, McKenzie, Clase, and Karinchak look fucking nasty. All of em.

'Med off the bench to swing at one pitch and win the game is pretty sweet - some kind of day off, right?

They did set a record though, most walk off wins in a season for the club at 28.

ROLL GUARDS.

Just cause he deserves his own post, Tito was honored today by surprise, by the whole organization, by former managers, staff, players, current and past, for becoming the winningest manager in Cleveland history.

He let many, many curse words fly.

What a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Congrats on the division title (not a pennant). They hanging banners for that now in the Bronx?
    Well, today I learned my dad has been saying wrong shit to me for the last 30+ years.... Meh, same difference since 1969 or whatever, who cares. Don't be a hater it's a bad look.

A A RON!
    Was there last night with 40,000 people - place was packed. Standing O from the Jays fans for Judge, hot damn we're a classy bunch.

2 20 year old girls come and sat behind us, wearing their freshly minted Judge jerseys. Said they're from New York - cool! I ask them to clarify, like New York City? (I say I'm from Toronto sometimes even though I live 40 minutes away) They say no, Rochester. ROCHESTER???!!! That makes the Jays your local team, ladies! "We're from New York" haha we were chuckling for a while with that one. They clearly don't watch any baseball whatsoever, so I hope they become actual fans now - this game needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Well, today I learned my dad has been saying wrong shit to me for the last 30+ years.... Meh, same difference since 1969 or whatever, who cares. Don't be a hater it's a bad look.

Was there last night with 40,000 people - place was packed. Standing O from the Jays fans for Judge, hot damn we're a classy bunch.

2 20 year old girls come and sat behind us, wearing their freshly minted Judge jerseys. Said they're from New York - cool! I ask them to clarify, like New York City? (I say I'm from Toronto sometimes even though I live 40 minutes away) They say no, Rochester. ROCHESTER???!!! That makes the Jays your local team, ladies! "We're from New York" haha we were chuckling for a while with that one. They clearly don't watch any baseball whatsoever, so I hope they become actual fans now - this game needs it.
    So.... Upstates, yeah?

Are Mets / Braves on?

My brother, showing signs of early childhood rebellion, decided to be a Mets fan to spite me so we've seen seasons end in the Bronx and Queens. Some of those battles (winning and losing) were among the best games I've ever seen. Good times with Chipper, Rocker (boooooo), Olerud, Reyes. Hopefully the rivalry comes back.

I think so, Ian seems to be tracking farther to the east.

Orioles / Sox are the free MLB game of the day if anyone is into that shit.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/orioles-...or,game=663180

Orioles / Sox are the free MLB game of the day if anyone is into that shit.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/orioles-...or,game=663180
    WARNING: THE RED SOX ARE WEARING THE UGLIEST UNIS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Mets/Braves, it's basically playoff baseball.

While both teams will make it, and without the 1-game play in they will get an opportunity to play some games regardless, the difference between division winner and wild card is HUDGE. One, the bye is a big deal, but two, the wild card team (assuming they win that series) has to play the Dodgers in the next round.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Mets/Braves, it's basically playoff baseball.

While both teams will make it, and without the 1-game play in they will get an opportunity to play some games regardless, the difference between division winner and wild card is HUDGE. One, the bye is a big deal, but two, the wild card team (assuming they win that series) has to play the Dodgers in the next round.
    Mets have their studs lined up. Gonna be awesome.
    Decisions Decisions

It's wild that one of them may end up with 100+ wins and lose the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    It's wild that one of them may end up with 100+ wins and lose the division.
    Happened last year, the Dodgers won 106 and lost their division.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Happened last year, the Dodgers won 106 and lost their division.
    Oh, I had forgot that. Maybe steamrolling someone in the WC round will get them on a roll

Jays clinch a playoff berth, in the middle of the afternoon on an off day. Weird, but I'll take it!

Guardos just keep on keeping on and take the series off the playoff hunting Rays tonight in another one that had postseason vibes.

I also managed to snag a couple tickets for the Saturday Wild Card game at the Jake this afternoon; now I just gotta figure out how I’m going to swing getting me and the boy up there.

Oh hell yeah. That place is going to be electric for that game

Degrom v Fried tonight. Awesome weekend in the NL East.
    Decisions Decisions

I wish I could watch the Mets/Braves. Are any of them OTA? I don't have cable TV but can catch OTA signals.

I wish I could watch the Mets/Braves. Are any of them OTA? I don't have cable TV but can catch OTA signals.
    No, but you can watch Yanks-Orioles on the free mlb.tv game of the day to see Judge (and Aaron Boone too!) chase history.

Of course you can also see that on ESPN, ABC, yahoosports, mlb.com and every other channel that will break in when he has an AB.