Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2707
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I thought we all understood not to jynx this team. Personally, I'm still a little pissed at the price they paid to unload Cano, but it's been hard to ignore them ever since July. Winning the season series against the AL east and central leaders does have an optimistic sound to it, but I don't think even the Cleveland Browns can match the M's for raw destruction of hope. Expecting them to win 2 games of a series at some point.
    It's hard to imagine them keeping up this blistering pace, but I hope they can at least play well enough to keep a wildcard spot. If they don't the fan base is going to absolutely lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker
    Pujols is doing pretty well for 50.
    Ha ha. He's the new Satchel Paige!

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Mets hater here but what the hell has happened to the Stanks?? They were unreal for the first half of the season and now are playing so bad they might not even win their division. Unreal.
    I haven't been on here much lately and came back to this thread and see I mis-posted. I am a Mets fan, not a Mets hater. And the same thing that happened to the Stanks is happening to the Mets. What happened to the offense? Still time to right the ship, but very frustrating watching and knwoing if they go down a couple of runs it will be very hard to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I haven't been on here much lately and came back to this thread and see I mis-posted. I am a Mets fan, not a Mets hater. And the same thing that happened to the Stanks is happening to the Mets. What happened to the offense? Still time to right the ship, but very frustrating watching and knwoing if they go down a couple of runs it will be very hard to recover.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Scherzer on the 15 day DL.

That's not good timing.
    I still call it The Jake.

Oof. Mets Metsing at Mets levels down the stretch

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post

Actually no active player is all that close to 300. Verlander has the most wins of any active player with 242 and Zach Greinke is second with 223. They're the only two over 200 (Scherzer has 199).
    Shocked that Kershaw only has 185 wins in his 14 seasons for the Dodgers considering his 2,670 strikeouts.3 Cy Young awards, 1 Gold Glove, & 1 MVP especially considering the amount of wins the Dodgers have collected over those seasons ( 1,161 since 2010)

Also all that Freddie Freeman was duped into coming to the Dodgers nonsense and was angry at his agent, all bullshit

“On June 29, I commented on alleged circumstances surrounding Freddie Freeman’s negotiations with the Atlanta Braves and his relationship with his former agent Casey Close,” Gottlieb wrote. “While I always strive to report accurate information, I prematurely reported on these events and simply got it wrong. Upon further vetting of my sources, a review of the lawsuit filed against me in this matter, and a direct conversation with Casey himself, I have learned that the conduct I alleged did not occur and that there is no credible basis for stating that it did. My ultimate investigation into this matter confirms that Casey Close did, in fact, communicate all offers to Freddie Freeman and the sources I relied on were incorrect, in no uncertain terms. I appreciate the damage that misinformation like this can cause and have been in touch with Casey Close to apologize directly. I have also deleted my original tweet.”

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Also all that Freddie Freeman was duped into coming to the Dodgers nonsense and was angry at his agent, all bullshit

“On June 29, I commented on alleged circumstances surrounding Freddie Freeman’s negotiations with the Atlanta Braves and his relationship with his former agent Casey Close,” Gottlieb wrote. “While I always strive to report accurate information, I prematurely reported on these events and simply got it wrong. Upon further vetting of my sources, a review of the lawsuit filed against me in this matter, and a direct conversation with Casey himself, I have learned that the conduct I alleged did not occur and that there is no credible basis for stating that it did. My ultimate investigation into this matter confirms that Casey Close did, in fact, communicate all offers to Freddie Freeman and the sources I relied on were incorrect, in no uncertain terms. I appreciate the damage that misinformation like this can cause and have been in touch with Casey Close to apologize directly. I have also deleted my original tweet.”
    After reviewing the lawsuit. Checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    After reviewing the lawsuit. Checks out.
    fake tears too

Always knew that was BS, there was simply no way an experienced agent, with decades in the biz and tons of clients, would fail to convey an offer to his client.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    fake tears too

That was his club for years man, I respect the tears.

hes doing ok for Dodgers 17 HR 84 RBI hitting .323

The guy is a great hitter. Anyone that excels from 21 has to have a great shot at a HOF career.

So wait, Gottlieb got sued, recanted his story, but Freddie still fired his agent and cried fake tears because of just the story? I don't know, story here was that multiple people in the Braves front office told him that weekend when he returned that he had the offer on the table, one that he would have accepted.

Something's not adding up, or I haven't been following along to the lawsuit back and forth as closely as I could. Both can be true.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    So wait, Gottlieb got sued, recanted his story, but Freddie still fired his agent and cried fake tears because of just the story? I don't know, story here was that multiple people in the Braves front office told him that weekend when he returned that he had the offer on the table, one that he would have accepted.

Something's not adding up, or I haven't been following along to the lawsuit back and forth as closely as I could. Both can be true.
    It's not even clear he fired his agent, story I just read said Close's agency is still his registered agent. And did Freddy ever give credence to the story? I thought his tears were just about regret for leaving, did he ever say anything more?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...atlanta-braves

Gottlieb also tweeted on June 29 that Freeman had fired Close. However, Excel remains Freeman's listed agency, according to the players' association.

Scherzer on the 15 day DL.

That's not good timing.
    Is he gonna blame Dave Roberts this time?

This twins kid getting his first start is shutting down the bronx babies AAAA club. but, he's a local from minnesota who was drafted in the 15th round or something, so that's kind of cool.

Will the Yankees post the worst regular season choke of all time? Only up 4.5 over Tampa….

The Yanks and Twins are in the 11th inning of game 1 of a doubleheader.

I'm really going to enjoy watching the pitching in game 2 later on.

RE: Freeman

It was lousy timing all the way around. The lockout made it even worse. Freeman was/is a great ball player and Freddie is missed in the clubhouse as much as on the field. Its a business not a game and it played out how it did. Olsen has not been a disappointment although when he fucks up I do yell at the TV that Freddie wouldn't have done so.

The next team issue for the Braves will be what to do with Swanson. He has had a great season and I would hate to see him go next season. Vaughn Grissom has shown a lot of promise.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

The Yanks and Twins are in the 11th inning of game 1 of a doubleheader.

I'm really going to enjoy watching the pitching in game 2 later on.
    Not what I would call a graceful win but I’ll take it. It’s gonna be a late night.
    edit: I half take it back after seeing the highlights. They were already in the tenth when I got home from work. There was some good defense in that game.

Magic number is 6
    Kershaw is Kershaw again
    Max Muncy just crushing it..

September baseball should be fun

Speaking of September, if you told me I would be really interested in a Jay's v. Orioles game post labor day back in May I would have laughed

deGrom is just ridonkulous. He has pitched 7 games and 43 innings so far. His WHIP is just over 0.5; 20 hits and 4 BBs. His ERA is 1.66. He has 63 Ks in those 43 IP.

If it weren't for the fact that he's been doing this for quite some time, you'd think he's on a hot streak. But this is just normal for him.

Rays seem to be getting back on track.