Page 29 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 725 of 1794
  1. #701
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    Yankees are doing something groundbreaking this season behind the scenes. Something moneyball-ish. Not saying they're cheating, but they've figured something out for sure. There's no other explanation!

  2. #702
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    13,630
    they’re about to figure out that they need to make Judge a part owner.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  3. #703
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,058
    In this crazy world, try to find someone who looks at you the way Judge looks at Vladdy Jr.


  4. #704
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,753
    Ok. I’m in Cleveland tonight and I’m doing the “Bmills guide to seeing a game at The Jake”(TM)

    First stop was Great Lakes Brewing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8525.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	419808

    Anywhere that has Boilermakers on the menu is OK in my book
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8527.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	419809
    I went for the golden lager/Jameson combo (on the rocks since I’m soft)

    Next stop was Steve’s for a gyro, but they were closed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8533.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	419810
    Onward on an empty belly.

    Bmills said to get four or five shots of Jager at the Clevelander, but I am thinking that was maybe a joke, and without the gyro, plus the added Jameson from earlier, one shot should be ok. Let me know if I need to do a makeup shot after the game.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8538.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	419812

    Gave Jim Thome a high five
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8545.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	419813

    And then found out it was $2 beer and $1 dog night. So obviously did that.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8555.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	419814

    A breakdance circle broke out with some sort of LSD muppet that is maybe a mascot?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8552.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	419815

    Got my T shirt that I think is one of Bob Marley’s kids? Potentially one of the best young ball players also.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8560.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	419816

    Now time to watch a game.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8561.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	419817

    Go Sox.

  5. #705
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,753
    Also, anyone in Cleveland want a single ticket to tomorrow’s game? I have one but I’m going to be leaving town.

    Free to a mag, or beer money to a friend of a mag.

  6. #706
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Ok. I’m in Cleveland tonight and I’m doing the “Bmills guide to seeing a game at The Jake”(TM)

    First stop was Great Lakes Brewing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8525.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	419808

    Anywhere that has Boilermakers on the menu is OK in my book
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8527.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	419809
    I went for the golden lager/Jameson combo (on the rocks since I’m soft)

    Next stop was Steve’s for a gyro, but they were closed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8533.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	419810
    Onward on an empty belly.

    Bmills said to get four or five shots of Jager at the Clevelander, but I am thinking that was maybe a joke, and without the gyro, plus the added Jameson from earlier, one shot should be ok. Let me know if I need to do a makeup shot after the game.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8538.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	419812

    Gave Jim Thome a high five
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8545.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	302.0 KB 
ID:	419813

    And then found out it was $2 beer and $1 dog night. So obviously did that.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8555.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	419814

    A breakdance circle broke out with some sort of LSD muppet that is maybe a mascot?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8552.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	419815

    Got my T shirt that I think is one of Bob Marley’s kids? Potentially one of the best young ball players also.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8560.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	419816

    Now time to watch a game.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8561.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	419817

    Go Sox.
    I have so many tears of joy in my eyes right now. Job well done (Sucks Steve’s was closed)!

    That Josey shirt is so fantastic the Twins players were asking for them this week.

    Get yourself a Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold (best beer in the country imho) slap Slider on the ass (the odd mascot) and bring home a Guards win!



    Dollar dogs, $2 Miller Lites, a Josey shirt and I think post game fireworks, in that bluebird weather, and all against the Sox? Really choice game to go to!
    I still call it The Jake.

  7. #707
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    7,365
    Isn't there some mustard you need to try?

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,616
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Isn't there some mustard you need to try?
    The original Bertmans Ballpark Mustard. Must. Do.

    Also, please send me some. I’m out.
    I still call it The Jake.

  9. #709
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,753
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The original Bertmans Ballpark Mustard. Must. Do.

    Also, please send me some. I’m out.
    Only saw French’s yellow in the packets by the $1 dogs

  10. #710
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,616
    Oh it’s there. Take a spin through the food stalls out in The Corner bar G/A area.

    https://bertmanballparkmustard.com

    Also, Andres Gimenez is a badass.
    I still call it The Jake.

  11. #711
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,753
    That ball got out in a hurry

  12. #712
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,616
    That 9-2 double play from the rookie Gonzalez was something else.
    I still call it The Jake.

  13. #713
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,753
    Live it looked like he was safe.

  14. #714
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    12,484
    Supermoon standing O from this guy

  15. #715
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    12,484
    And I must confer with Arty 50 on Dodger Satadium visit as he has been me tourguide last few ..visits...

    And if you want a room discount at Petco DM me

  16. #716
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Supermoon standing O from this guy
    The Jake is easily top 5 of the 20 parks I’ve been to. Probably tied for 2nd with Dodger Stadium and PetCo.

    Perfect night for a game, and as close to a playoff atmosphere as you can get in June.

  17. #717
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,475
    Man that was turning into an exact replay of last nights Yanks-Astros game. Fortunately it didn't.

  18. #718
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Montrose, CO
    Posts
    3,991
    Golf clap. Well done supermoon. Now I want some great lakes.

  19. #719
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,475
    Awesome TR supermoon btw. "Sort sort of LSD muppet" killed me.

  20. #720
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,086
    Supermoon ftw. Tell Pat and Dan I said hi when you go back to close down GLBC.

  21. #721
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    The Jake is easily top 5 of the 20 parks I’ve been to. Probably tied for 2nd with Dodger Stadium and PetCo.

    Perfect night for a game, and as close to a playoff atmosphere as you can get in June.
    Really stoked you enjoyed it. Hat tip on the win for your Sox. Did it seem like that game was going really fast?

    Jake looked great on TV tonight when I could watch, I bet it was fantastic there in person. Glad you enjoyed the park and my hype of it held up - just a great church for baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Supermoon ftw. Tell Pat and Dan I said hi when you go back to close down GLBC.
    Legends right there.

    Wonder where Supermoon headed after the game, E 4th, Warehouse District, Flats or Ohio City/Tremont?

    SM, if you’re still in town and have a car head up the hill to the Heights tomorrow to my Sister’s bakery for some breakfast. European style, so good I have her ship it.
    I still call it The Jake.

  22. #722
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,753
    I will absolutely stop on my way out of town. What’s it called?

  23. #723
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,616
    On the Rise in Cleveland Heights on Fairmount. They’ve also got an outpost in Van Aiken Food Hall a mile or so away in Shaker Heights if you want more options.

    Let me know if y’all need/want any other food recs or shit to do.
    I still call it The Jake.

  24. #724
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    12,484
    Headed to Yankee stadium with the boy.
    Day game baseball FTW

  25. #725
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    20,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Headed to Yankee stadium with the boy.
    Day game baseball FTW
    Don’t forget to buy him a Yankee hat
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •