Page 31 of 109 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Is he not doing well in LA? Haven’t noticed. He got a ring at least.
    He just got hurt, so I think that’s what he was referencing

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Is he not doing well in LA? Haven’t noticed. He got a ring at least.
    https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/mookie...layer-injuries

He's doing fine but there's a lot of small stuff that he doesn't seem to bounce quite back from. Great player, ridiculous bat, but you have to worry about these super long term deals.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post

He's doing fine but there's a lot of small stuff that he doesn't seem to bounce quite back from. Great player, ridiculous bat, but you have to worry about these super long term deals.
    Hes been good in RF when heathy too with some crucial OF assists for the Dodgers.
    his replacement, Klays brother Trayce tied the game to take us to extras last night

Jesse Winker is the fkn man.
    swing your fucking sword.

Shout out to Thaleia for the Toronto recs.

Got here yesterday and it was Pride weekend. The whole city was decked out. Quite the party. The parade went by my hotel and it lasted like 4.5 hours. Super fun atmosphere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8649.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	420091

Saw the Lord’s Cup

Name:	IMG_8640.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	420092

Nice dinner view at Amsterdam Beerworks with a rainbow on the water

Name:	IMG_8665.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	209.4 KB 
ID:	420093

Name:	IMG_8668.JPG 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	420094

Beautiful weather today

Name:	IMG_8678.JPG 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	420095

Rogers Centre is a bit of a dump but the views are awesome

Name:	IMG_8699.JPG 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	420096

Go Sox. Hottest team in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    How was it?

How was it?
    Beautiful night for a game

I’ve got to get back to Toronto again, such a great city, especially in the summertime.

Loving the TR, Supermoon!
    I still call it The Jake.

Check your stats. Since May 10th inclusive and not including last night. ( Sox lose, Yanks win.)
    Prior to May 10th Sox were 10 - 19.

Boston Red Sox 32 - 12

N.Y. Yankees 33 - 12

He's doing fine but there's a lot of small stuff that he doesn't seem to bounce quite back from.
    08/02/2020 Middle Finger Day-To-Day

Was he giving it to his old team ?

Gausman was nails last night. Seabold not quite so much. btw, who is Seabold? Never heard of him. At least the Sox stayed scrappy to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Gausman was nails last night. Seabold not quite so much. btw, who is Seabold? Never heard of him. At least the Sox stayed scrappy to the end.
    I had that same thought. Doesn’t help a bunch (3?) of their regulars can’t make the trip up north cause they aren’t vaccinated.

where to next, SM?

where to next, SM?
    Pittsburgh, Cincy, then Chicago for the 4th of July weekend. Cubs/Sox at Wrigley should be pretty awesome.

pittsburgh is cool. nice stadium, good town. gooski’s is a fun dive if you’re looking. or at least it was when i was last there years ago.

Are the Sox going to move Whitlock back to the 9th after a few more of these?

Pittsburgh, Cincy, then Chicago for the 4th of July weekend. Cubs/Sox at Wrigley should be pretty awesome.
    Pittsburgh is a great stadium with an incredibly inept team/ownership.

Cincinnati is a fantastic baseball city, but again, inept ownership (must be a NL Cent. thing).

Cubs/Sox at Wrigley should be pretty fucking cool over the 4th. Chicago is a baseball town 5x over what New York (media) says they are.

Yeah, PNC and Wrigley are two of the ones I’ve been most excited about seeing. Midwestern/rust belt fans are too loyal, so ownership doesn’t have to do much. On the east coast they get roasted constantly (though this doesn’t explain the Mets)

Are the Sox going to move Whitlock back to the 9th after a few more of these?
    That one was tough. Boston media not going easy on Houck, or the team (rightfully so in my mind).

“Most richly-deserved loss ever. Anti-vax Sox closer is back in Boston enjoying personal freedom, while Sox pen blows 5-4 lead in the 9th. Pen never got an out in the ninth. Sox are 2-7 vs. Jays, 7-16 vs. AL East. But everybody evidently ok with Tanner Houck quitting on team.”

https://twitter.com/dan_shaughnessy/...Zmt5Jlo9TtSTxw

Freddie Freeman fires his agent that brought him back to OC after giving a tear-filled 30 minute presser in ATL this week.

Seller's/buyer's remorse?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...anta/50428641/

It'd be weird to be in that Dodgers clubhouse with this shit, at least he is putting up numbers.

Name:  judge.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  131.4 KB

they hate him because he's so good.

Yeah, PNC and Wrigley are two of the ones I’ve been most excited about seeing. Midwestern/rust belt fans are too loyal, so ownership doesn’t have to do much. On the east coast they get roasted constantly (though this doesn’t explain the Mets)
    My impression is there’s a large civic loyalty to the teams, but they don’t necessarily have a really big or caring local fan base and the gutting of local media means there’s little pressure in a league without relegation (even with large local media it might not matter, see Twins)

edit to add: some mlb teams really seem to lack the hustle of the minor league teams and seem indifferent to get asses in seats. Can’t remember if you’ve been to target field yet, but compare that shit product to the St. Paul saints (a light rail ride away) or the miesville mud hens (Uber minor league team about an hours drive)
    Last edited by dunfree ; 06-29-2022 at 02:16 PM.

That one was tough. Boston media not going easy on Houck, or the team (rightfully so in my mind).

“Most richly-deserved loss ever. Anti-vax Sox closer is back in Boston enjoying personal freedom, while Sox pen blows 5-4 lead in the 9th. Pen never got an out in the ninth. Sox are 2-7 vs. Jays, 7-16 vs. AL East. But everybody evidently ok with Tanner Houck quitting on team.”

https://twitter.com/dan_shaughnessy/...Zmt5Jlo9TtSTxw
    I didn't realize that's how it went down. Wasn't Houck starting last year? What a bozo. I was similarly pissed when I thought Rizzo and Judge weren't going to make the trip over the border this season to face down a rival, but then they both surprised me by showing some personal growth.

Houck getting ripped today in Boston. Word is Sale was ready but they didn’t want to activate him and not have him allowed in canadia.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Freddie Freeman fires his agent that brought him back to OC after giving a tear-filled 30 minute presser in ATL this week.

Seller's/buyer's remorse?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...anta/50428641/
    Apparently his agent didn’t tell him about a final extension offer from the Braves.

https://twitter.com/fos/status/15422...NnWH15pMfX4z2A

Feels like a fireable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    My impression is there’s a large civic loyalty to the teams, but they don’t necessarily have a really big or caring local fan base and the gutting of local media means there’s little pressure in a league without relegation (even with large local media it might not matter, see Twins)

edit to add: some mlb teams really seem to lack the hustle of the minor league teams and seem indifferent to get asses in seats. Can’t remember if you’ve been to target field yet, but compare that shit product to the St. Paul saints (a light rail ride away) or the miesville mud hens (Uber minor league team about an hours drive)
    That’s what makes the Reds an even more confusing situation. They’ve got an extremely wide fanbase as the next team to the south is Atlanta, and they cover all that territory between Pittsburgh and St Louis. Hell, each winter the players, broadcasters, coaches and management head out on 4 different caravans in all directions to go meet fans in other states.

The local media is alive, well and intense. They’re the oldest team in baseball and always open at home with a parade and no one goes to school or works. And what does the billionaire, local (which is crazy) owner do? Fire sale every other year. I think they started 4-20 this year and when answering the media/fans owner Castellini was down right indignant.

Baseball has a weird disconnect problem in most markets between fans and owners.

Apparently his agent didn’t tell him about a final extension offer from the Braves.

https://twitter.com/fos/status/15422...NnWH15pMfX4z2A

Feels like a fireable offense.
    That was all over the news here today.

Apparently Freddie found out about the Bravos counteroffer, one he said he would have accepted, this last weekend when he was in town to play when speaking with friends in the Bravos front office.

That’s gotta be a punch to the gut and it clearly affected him, with good reason.