Page 72 of 109 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2707
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Couple little notes today. What happened to the Giants? Going from 100+ to sub .500, that's pretty unusual.
    they played really well last year. In the off season some players left and weren’t replaced with players of the same caliber, and some of the remaining didn’t play as well

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    they played really well last year. In the off season some players left and weren’t replaced with players of the same caliber, and some of the remaining didn’t play as well
    That’s not the kind of hot take we’re used to in here.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Good lord, Mets fans are insufferable. I can't listen to sports talk radio around here for a while.
    You try being surrounded by fucking Yankees fans 24/7 and see how sufferable you'd be.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What happened to the Giants? Going from 100+ to sub .500, that's pretty unusual.
    A bit of regression to the mean, a bit of losing Buster Posey. Last year, they were a hudge surprise, they were not expected to come close to 100+ wins, and were considered to be big overachievers. So this year they came back down to earth.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Posey probably hit .304 last season because he took 2020 off. If he came back it’d likely have been closer to 2019 (.257) or 2018(.284). Both would still be an improvement, but not a 100+ game pace. The Giants didn’t replace the Darin Ruf that hit .271 for them in the lineup, etcetc

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You try being surrounded by fucking Yankees fans 24/7 and see how sufferable you'd be.
    Ha! I love being surrounded by Yankees fans. As promised here’s Judge’s first MLB at bat, recorded by my then 14 year old on his shitty trac-phone. The video is not great but if you go sound up the commentary is all time.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ci0xK...d=ZWFiZDJlMTg=

Why the fuck can't MLB figure out broadcast times for the first round games yet? You know who is playing who and where. You have the TV times and stations already purchased/blocked off.

What more is there to figure out assholes?

[trying to figure out if I can make a game or not rant]

Isn’t it so they can produce a separate story about the times?

Noon game Friday, noon game Saturday.

Oh FFS.

Too bad the Giants fell so badly this season. It would have been kind of interesting if all four current and former NYC teams made it to the postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Noon game Friday, noon game Saturday.

Oh FFS.
    why do you hate day games?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

why do you hate day games?
    I love day baseball.

I hate living 10 hours away from the field and they don’t announce game times until 48 hours before the series starts.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I love day baseball.

I hate living 10 hours away from the field and they don’t announce game times until 48 hours before the series starts.
    plenty of time after work Friday to hit that Saturday game!

ROAD TRIP!
    and you are right MLB should be able to get their shit together faster.

In Shohei’s last 19 starts he’s given up 22 runs and has 154 K’s. Not bad for a top ten hitter.

Congrats Luis Arraez on the AL batting crown. The only Twin highlight this season.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    In Shohei’s last 19 starts he’s given up 22 runs and has 154 K’s. Not bad for a top ten hitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    Congrats Luis Arraez on the AL batting crown. The only Twin highlight this season.
    You guys are gonna give ex-powderbroker an aneurysm.

Jeff McNeil pulls the anti Ted Williams and rides the pine like a coward to protect the batting title.

I can’t imagine the baseball gods will look kindly on a team that soft. SD in 3.

That's a shame he is an exciting player.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Sluff View Post
    maybe he could have played a few more games if he hit against lefties. all that sitting really messes with hamstrings.

it does suck he got hurt though
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 10-05-2022 at 06:18 PM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Too bad the Giants fell so badly this season. It would have been kind of interesting if all four current and former NYC teams made it to the postseason.
    they went 10-28 against the dodgers and the padres - losing most after may and finished .500, that’s the season right there. Go .500 against them combined and they make the playoffs

Jeff McNeil pulls the anti Ted Williams and rides the pine like a coward to protect the batting title.

I can’t imagine the baseball gods will look kindly on a team that soft. SD in 3.
    eh, he played the full second game of a double header yesterday, after they had been eliminated and after most of the starters had been pulled. Calling him a coward is a bit much. Man, there's a lot of butthurt about batting titles on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    eh, he played the full second game of a double header yesterday, after they had been eliminated and after most of the starters had been pulled. Calling him a coward is a bit much. Man, there's a lot of butthurt about batting titles on this board.
    think it’s more entertitlement

I always like to see how far off the hot takes were that the talking heads made back in spring training when the regular season wraps up.

Parts of this were spot on, parts of this were an embarrassing whiff.

What happened in addition to everything below going right, was that 17 guys made their big league debut this season, and contributed in meaningful ways. Of course, what pulled all this incredible season together and made it all possible, is the best manager in the game, Tito Francona.

The most important day of the year was April 6 when they signed Jose Ramirez, the biggest deal in club history and the first time a player of his caliber explicitly chose to stay home and play for the team that gave him a shot. The next day Tito called him into his office and said he needs to play the game the way he does no matter what, because all these rookies will follow him.

You know what Hosey did today in the 8th inning of a 9-2 blowout on their way to the 92nd win of the season? He hit a ball to center and ran his ass off to get a double when he could have just stopped at first and mailed it in, because that's how he plays, no matter what.

What a season. I hope it continues for many more games.

ROLL GUARDS.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	428861

Taking Cleveland (-115) and San Diego (+155) first round
    Decisions Decisions

He'll probably finish second in both the MVP and Cy Young votes. Obviously you've got to give the MVP to Judge and I can't see Ohtani winning the Cy Young over Verlander with his microscopic 1.75 ERA (and on the best team in the league).