Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    The world needs more day game baseball

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Played hooky yesterday and went to the Mariners game. Mariners lost, but great day for a game. Definitely beat working.
    Attachment 416180
    Oh nice! I had a fleeting thought to cruise up from PDX yesterday morning to see it. Looks like a great day for a game

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Oh nice! I had a fleeting thought to cruise up from PDX yesterday morning to see it. Looks like a great day for a game
    Yes, definitely lucked out on the weather!

Yesterday was my birthday, so nice timing. Got there early and downed two happy hour beers before noon, too.

Excellent

Some of my fondest memories of baseball are those of me and my fellow degen undergrad buddies heading down to Cinergy Field to catch a "Businessman's Special" day game for a $6 ticket and pound $7 domestic drafts to see the woefully miserable Reds (3 Boone era - Bob, Brett and A-aron). Day baseball was the best, even in that shitty stadium with that shitty team.
    I still call it The Jake.

That Dodgers loss may have been the most frustrating regular season game I’ve ever seen. I’m usually a Roberts guy, but how are you going to leave a rested Kimbrel on the bench for Daniel Hudson? The same Hudson who pitched like shit 24 hours earlier.

I'm happy that I have my MLB package for the Guards, but is anyone else seriously annoyed that you can't watch the fucking local team on TV anymore thanks to Bally's buyout of Fox Sports?

The whole country got to see Sox-Bravos this week, except ya know, those of us actually in ATL.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'm happy that I have my MLB package for the Guards, but is anyone else seriously annoyed that you can't watch the fucking local team on TV anymore thanks to Bally's buyout of Fox Sports?

The whole country got to see Sox-Bravos this week, except ya know, those of us actually in ATL.
    Baseball’s blackout rules do nothing but hurt the game. I live in SLC and am blacked out of both the Dbacks and the Rockies, which sucks as a Dodgers fan. Nothing a VPN won’t fix, but it’s still a hassle. Manfred and Co are more than happy to take some short term profit at the expense of the long term growth of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Baseball’s blackout rules do nothing but hurt the game. I live in SLC and am blacked out of both the Dbacks and the Rockies, which sucks as a Dodgers fan. Nothing a VPN won’t fix, but it’s still a hassle. Manfred and Co are more than happy to take some short term profit at the expense of the long term growth of the game.
    This!

I get blacked out of all kinds of games in CT and it makes no sense. Short term gain vs long term is right on the $ Same with less day games. Sport dies if kids dont get into it, but more TV and in person eyes at night

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    That Dodgers loss may have been the most frustrating regular season game I’ve ever seen. I’m usually a Roberts guy, but how are you going to leave a rested Kimbrel on the bench for Daniel Hudson? The same Hudson who pitched like shit 24 hours earlier.
    Went to bed thinking we were getting blown out. Man your frustration with Roberts pitching decisions is just beginning! Embrace it and enjoy!

Similar if not worse blackout situation in Toronto.

Rogers owns the Blue Jays, as well as the broadcaster Sportsnet. So for me to legally watch a game, I need a cable package plus an additional Sportsnet package. Sportnest has multiple channels, and the games are on different sportsnet channels, including (and sometimes only) on Sportnet1, which is their premium channel for yet another cost. (cable, plus Sportsnet basic, plus Sportsnet1)

I also have MLBTV but of course, Toronto games are blacked out. It says the games are able to be viewed 90 minutes after it finishes, but it's usually 120 minutes if not more.

On one hand it's fucking nuts, but hey I guess it works cause suckers like me will pay to watch their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Similar if not worse blackout situation in Toronto.

Rogers owns the Blue Jays, as well as the broadcaster Sportsnet. So for me to legally watch a game, I need a cable package plus an additional Sportsnet package. Sportnest has multiple channels, and the games are on different sportsnet channels, including (and sometimes only) on Sportnet1, which is their premium channel for yet another cost. (cable, plus Sportsnet basic, plus Sportsnet1)

I also have MLBTV but of course, Toronto games are blacked out. It says the games are able to be viewed 90 minutes after it finishes, but it's usually 120 minutes if not more.

On one hand it's fucking nuts, but hey I guess it works cause suckers like me will pay to watch their team lose to the Yankees
    FIFY
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Yankees winning that May World Series, again

Manfred thinking there are 30 local markets instead of one national market is really where this all starts, and it's so dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Yankees winning that May World Series, again
    When you can't get out of the ALDS, then you take the wins you get, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    FIFY
    Cute.

Yeah, they're playing really well right now. Healthy team, strong bats, good pitching. Some might even say punching above their weight class. We'll see how things continue.

RE: Blackouts.

Was feeling smug about my choices and lack of Blackouts until last night. 3 good games blacked out so Apple TV can show them instead.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Not much defense in the Phils/Dodgers game. Fun one to watch, especially when Harper is hot.

No sighting of The Freeze yet.

Which is disappointing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF6C70A6-0CED-44D8-BF98-6C17B4091C2B.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	763.3 KB 
ID:	416387

ThatvPhillies team can hit...
    Glad we got 1 at least

This is next level tanking.

Name:	IMG_7073.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	759.4 KB 
ID:	416477

Name:	IMG_7073.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	759.4 KB 
ID:	416477
    What the Reds are doing this year is shameful for baseball's oldest franchise.

You can be cheap as shit and still win baseball games and have a successful organization.

Look no further than the Indians/Guardians front office. They are routinely one of the lowest payrolls in baseball, but they have some of the smartest guys in the front office and player development. They're just outside the top 5 in all of MLB for wins since 2010.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 118
Size:  24.6 KB

What the Reds did was take a team loaded with young talent that had just won 83 games and burnt it to the fucking ground and no real plan on how to manage the effects. Ineptitude on a new level.

Thank God the Yankees are there to make the D's post season woes a bit less painful ( although, they should have 2 if not for the @stroness)

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What the Reds are doing this year is shameful for baseball's oldest franchise.

You can be cheap as shit and still win baseball games and have a successful organization.

Look no further than the Indians/Guardians front office. They are routinely one of the lowest payrolls in baseball, but they have some of the smartest guys in the front office and player development. They're just outside the top 5 in all of MLB for wins since 2010.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 118
Size:  24.6 KB

What the Reds did was take a team loaded with young talent that had just won 83 games and burnt it to the fucking ground and no real plan on how to manage the effects. Ineptitude on a new level.

tankees and a’s only teams on that list that didn’t make at least one World Series in that time frame, impressive

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    tankees and a’s only teams on that list that didn’t make at least one World Series in that time frame, impressive
    I'd love to see the payroll expended for each of those teams over the same period just to get an idea of what their ROI looks like.

I remember the one that Andy Hawkins threw for the Yanks in 1990. I was skating on my Mike Vallely Animals deck (that I would kill to still have) and listening to the game on a crappy portable radio that took like 6 D batteries. Jesse Barfield dropped a fly and even the best arm I have seen besides the likes of Ichiro, Mookie, and Bo couldn't do anything to rectify that. Definitely the worst Yankees team I have seen in my lifetime by at least 314'. Fortunately they picked it up by 1994 (would have been a fun WS vs the Expos) and haven't had a losing season almost since.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi