Page 46 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 2707

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Max Scherzer is a badass.

And tomorrow is deGrom day.
    Jake did not disappoint against the Braves. 5 2/3 perfect with 12 ks before giving up a walk and a 2 run HR. This is his second start after being out for a year. The rest of the rotation is rock solid also and the "scrubs" they picked up at the trade deadline are pretty good when platooned and have already added some much needed pop to the lineup. Anything can happen in the playoffs (remember the 85 Royals) but the Mets are built for playoff baseball.
    It's been a while since I've been this excited about the Amazin's.

Mets are rock solid right now and playing good baseball. Fuck!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Giants take two (and the Bay Bridge Series) from the A's this weekend. Lots of bright spots - the last third of the season might not be so bad after all.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Giants take two (and the Bay Bridge Series) from the A's this weekend. Lots of bright spots - the last third of the season might not be so bad after all.
    Woo
    Giants creeping up on .500 baseball

Busch stadium was impressive, would love to see another series there.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Guards get a 4 game split against the cheating Stros (hate to admit it but they're really good) on the tails of an 8 inning, 1-0 run outing by Tristan McKenzie capped off by the most electric closer in the game Clase.

Nice game to listen to on the radio while driving home.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Guards get a 4 game split against the cheating Stros (hate to admit it but they're really good) on the tails of an 8 inning, 1-0 run outing by Tristan McKenzie capped off by the most electric closer in the game Clase.

Nice game to listen to on the radio while driving home.
    KwanTheRookie update. He had a foot injury that snapped his hitting streak at 18, but came back and went 2-3 with a BB in the 1-0 win. Batting 298. OBP 371.

I’m starting to believe in this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    KwanTheRookie update. He had a foot injury that snapped his hitting streak at 18, but came back and went 2-3 with a BB in the 1-0 win. Batting 298. OBP 371.

I’m starting to believe in this kid.
    Listening to him in interviews tells me he's a very smart player. Love his approach and hope he's in the ROY conversation.

Also, it's a sad day for mustard fans.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  83.3 KB

Fkn DeGrom, man. Guy is unreal.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Mets are rock solid right now and playing good baseball. Fuck!
    My wife is a big Mets fan from growing up in NJ. We got the baseball package for $95 after the all star break and it's been great entertainment. Watching lots of Mets and Twins, both pretty good this year. Can't watch the Mariners unfortunately because RootNW is in a pissing match with DISH.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Woo
    Giants creeping up on .500 baseball
    Well, .500 is a glass half full, right?

We'll see where they're at after this week's series with the Padres.

Good luck.
    I heard noise that the Padres are good since the deadline but see no proof of that

Bmills, look to do your Guards some good this week when the Twins come to the Ravine

Good luck.
    I heard noise that the Padres are good since the deadline but see no proof of that
    Wood was good, defense was solid, (beautifully executed relay in from deep left field corner Gonzalez-Crawford-Bart to rob the Pads of a run at home). The Giants of course loaded the bases at one point but didn't get anyone home. Hung in there, though. That f'n bubble-blowing stud Doval came in for the 9th and quickly retired Soto, Machado and Bell, the last going down swinging on a 103 mph fastball to end the game. Woo, indeed!

Very entertaining game, and good start to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Wood was good, defense was solid, (beautifully executed relay in from deep left field corner Gonzalez-Crawford-Bart to rob the Pads of a run at home). The Giants of course loaded the bases at one point but didn't get anyone home. Hung in there, though. That f'n bubble-blowing stud Doval came in for the 9th and quickly retired Soto, Machado and Bell, the last going down swinging on a 103 mph fastball to end the game. Woo, indeed!

Very entertaining game, and good start to the series.
    I'd much rather see a well executed relay to nail a runner at the plate than a 450' HR, of which there are many with hitters swinging out of their shoes and not giving a crap about whiffing. To me a HR is a HR, regardless of how far it goes but i know they need to interest the younger generation with all these new ridiculous stats that do not necessarily correlate to winning baseball.

"an 8 inning, 1-0 run outing by Tristan McKenzie capped off by the most electric closer in the game Clase." Bmills, i have not seen Clase in action, but his numbers look pretty insane. Have you seen Diaz pitch this year? He's making up for all of the games he blew a few years back. Hopefully I am not jinxing him.

Oh come on!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9809.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	747.5 KB 
ID:	423421

Damn, that fkn sucks. Sale is a great pitcher. Was the injured wrist on his pitching hand?

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Damn, that fkn sucks. Sale is a great pitcher. Was the injured wrist on his pitching hand?
    I didn’t see. Dude is great, but made out of glass

Edit: non-pitching wrist. So that’s good.

Well there go our playoff hopes… oh wait

Good luck.

Bmills, look to do your Guards some good this week when the Twins come to the Ravine
    I hope so! 1 game out of first and got the Motor City Kitties starting tonight too.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I didn’t see. Dude is great, but made out of glass

Edit: non-pitching wrist. So that’s good.
    Not really the same but Carpenter got hurt (while playing) last night. That dude was one of the only guys actually outperforming expectations in pinstripes and has been so fun to watch excel at every role to get playing time after being left for dead. I guess he earned himself another year somewhere if not on the yanks though.

Chris Sale is made of tissue paper. Glass is too generous.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

This Red Sox Braves game is good

This Red Sox Braves game is good
    Still going.

Nice to have something to listen to after my Guards game.

Can’t imagine what it would be like to actually have the in-town team on tv in that same town. (Yeah, fuck having directv)

Dodgers have 4 different players with RBIs
    It's the 3rd inning