Page 33 of 109 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Big series this weekend against the Evil Empire from the corner of Ontario and Carnegie; really hoping it goes better than it did against the Sox last weekend.

Oh, and happy Bobby Bonilla Day, Mets fans!

I still call it The Jake.

Go Steamers! Yankees looked vulnerable vs the ASStros & they are so fun and hot right now.

Hudge win for Dodgers last night, Red Beards bat getting hot finally and our utility infielder with a 97 mph laser from RF to get the Out. Shoulda been an all star if not for Conteras Fresh Prince with the great tag.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Big series this weekend against the Evil Empire from the corner of Ontario and Carnegie; really hoping it goes better than it did against the Sox last weekend.

Oh, and happy Bobby Bonilla Day, Mets fans!

and just recently learned how many other mlb retirees are still getting paid

Manny Ramirez is currently on a 16-year, $32 million deferment contract from MLB’s Boston Red Sox. Ramirez last played for the Red Sox in 2008 and will be paid until 2025.
    Thought Dodgers were on hook for some of this...

Ken Griffey Jr. receives $3.59 annually from MLB’s Cincinnati Reds. Griffey last played for the Reds in 2008 and will continue to get paid until 2024.
    I thought he retired in like 2005

Todd Helton will get $1.3 million from MLB’s Colorado Rockies annually until 2023. Helton is in the midst of a 10-year, $13 million deferred contract agreement from the Rockies, a team he last played for in 2013. He also gets 3% interest.
    really Rockies?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    and just recently learned how many other mlb retirees are still getting paid

Manny Ramirez is currently on a 16-year, $32 million deferment contract from MLB’s Boston Red Sox. Ramirez last played for the Red Sox in 2008 and will be paid until 2025.
    Thought Dodgers were on hook for some of this...

Ken Griffey Jr. receives $3.59 annually from MLB’s Cincinnati Reds. Griffey last played for the Reds in 2008 and will continue to get paid until 2024.
    I thought he retired in like 2005

Todd Helton will get $1.3 million from MLB’s Colorado Rockies annually until 2023. Helton is in the midst of a 10-year, $13 million deferred contract agreement from the Rockies, a team he last played for in 2013. He also gets 3% interest.
    really Rockies?
    Fucking insane.

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Reds/Bravos tonight.

Had to try Skyline Chili
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8860.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	420456
    Not awful but a one and done for me.

Unfortunately it followed me to my hotel room. This is what passes for modern here? Not sure.

Name:	IMG_8871.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	420457

Why is Ohio?

Nice night for a game though. Really wish Votto was on a better team.

Name:	IMG_8887.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	420458

An ATL homer confirms its like 2/3rds Braves fans

Spaghetti chili with a metric shit ton of cheese?! Wow. I'm completely intrigued. Nearly speechless lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Spaghetti chili with a metric shit ton of cheese?! Wow. I'm completely intrigued. Nearly speechless lol.
    It’s not chili like you’d think. It’s a Mediterranean meat sauce full of like cinnamon and cloves I think.

You have somehow made this even more mind blowing. Wild stuff man!

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    astros are playing some good baseball
    Christian Javier is filthy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Fucking insane.
    I don't mind still paying Manny, he earned it in entertainment value alone. Hell they should let him take BP and see what he can do.

^^ I had a friend send that to me and she said, “ is that funny?” And I said, “very.”

Wrigley today! First time here.

Stopped into the divey-eat place I could find in Wrigleyville to try Malort.

Name:	IMG_8916.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	420531

Not as bad as the kids on the internet would make you think, and Old Style is a personal favorite.

Wrigley is awesome. Going to be here tomorrow as well.

Name:	IMG_8923.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	420532

Go Sox.

I'm having more fun following you than I am following my home team lol. Enjoy the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I'm having more fun following you than I am following my home team lol. Enjoy the game!

Holy shit Mike Napoli is the first base coach for the Cubs. How did I not know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Wrigley today! First time here.

Stopped into the divey-eat place I could find in Wrigleyville to try Malort.

Name:	IMG_8916.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	210.6 KB 
ID:	420531

Not as bad as the kids on the internet would make you think, and Old Style is a personal favorite.

Wrigley is awesome. Going to be here tomorrow as well.

Name:	IMG_8923.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	230.1 KB 
ID:	420532

Go Sox.
    Damn dude are you in town?

I'm pretty close to Wrigleyville (in Andersonville). And I love Mallort.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Mallorr
    I will have another

So sad Freddie can't produce with all this Braves noise

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Damn dude are you in town?

I'm pretty close to Wrigleyville (in Andersonville). And I love Mallort.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Oh no way. I’m in town through Monday.

looked like a nice night in cleveland
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

how are the hottest teams in baseball doing?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Peak summer
    Sunday of a holiday weekend, Dodgers looking for sweep of the Padres, day game baseball (410 pm EST,) Prime Rib in smoker, Clayton Kershaw on the mound in the Ravine....

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Glad the Sox are trying to salvage this series by trotting out Seabold with his double digit ERA

Name:	IMG_8956.JPG 
Views:	27 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	420585

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Peak summer
    Sunday of a holiday weekend, Dodgers looking for sweep of the Padres, day game baseball (410 pm EST,) Prime Rib in smoker, Clayton Kershaw on the mound in the Ravine....
    Hell yeah.

Nice action again SM

RE: Freddie...

It may be the most salacious soap opera between a player, his agent, and team that has ever spilled out publicly in baseball history.

While we have been deluged with different narratives, truths, lies and inaccuracies, all that is truly known is one fact: Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Freddie Freeman, who has formally fired his agency with no plans for reconciliation, had zero intention of leaving Atlanta.

“This guy is very sad he’s not still here in Atlanta," one Atlanta club official told USA TODAY Sports. “He’s still awfully upset. Clearly. It all came out in his emotions last weekend. It was tough to watch’’

Who could have imagined that being paid $162 million playing for the powerful Dodgers, and living close to home wouldn’t assure eternal happiness?

But it’s clear that Freeman’s heart remains in Atlanta, vowing to keep a home in Atlanta, and still plans to celebrate the Thanksgiving holidays with the entire family in Atlanta.

“I don’t know if I ever will find closure,’’ Freeman said last weekend.

Freeman, who originally blamed GM Alex Anthopoulos and Atlanta’s ownership for his departure, now puts the blame squarely on his agent, Casey Close, and his agency, Excel Sports Management.

He formally fired them last weekend, persons with direct knowledge confirmed to USA TODAY Sports. They spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the situation.

“Everyone knew my priority was to sign Freddie Freeman,’’ Anthopoulos says, “and when he didn’t, we had to prepare for other options.’’

Freeman tried to put on a brave face for the first three months of the season, saying how much he loved playing for the Dodgers, living close to his Corona del Mar home, but when the Dodgers played in Truist Field last weekend, his emotions poured out.

He started crying during a press conference before the start of the series, and while in town, fired Close and the Excel agency.

Freeman has been telling friends, family, teammates, peers and reporters that he would fire Excel after a three-hour FaceTime call with Anthopoulos a week after he signed with the Dodgers. He decided to make the decision official last weekend, telling the Major League Baseball Players Association he is currently representing himself and doesn’t want to be contacted by any agency.

It’s news any time a high-priced player fires his agency, particularly after a free-agent contract is already competed, considering Freeman still is required to pay Excel about $8 million – the standard 5% fee – for the duration of the contract.

It took on a life of its own when Gottlieb tweeted and said during his radio show that Freeman fired Close and Excel while in Atlanta because he just learned was unaware of the final offer.

Close, refusing to stand by and watch his career ruined, fired back with statements on back-to-back days, while defending himself in an interview with USA TODAY Sports.

“I will not stand by as the circumstances surrounding Freddie Freeman’s departure from Atlanta are mischaracterized,’’ Close said in a statement. “Since March, the Braves have fostered a narrative about the negotiations which, stated plainly, is false. Part of that false narrative is the suggestion that I did not communicate a contract offer to the Freemans.

“To be clear, we communicated every offer that was made, as well as every communication Excel had with the Braves organization throughout the entire process.’’

Freeman was copied on every formal offer Atlanta made, multiple people told USA TODAY Sports, so he shouldn’t have been completely surprised.

Maybe he didn’t know about the ultimatum. Maybe there wasn’t an ultimatum. Maybe Close and his agency expected Atlanta to panic and come back with another offer. Maybe Anthopoulos and Atlanta felt that they were left with no choice. Maybe Olson was Atlanta’s first choice. Maybe Atlanta had to move on before they were left with no alternatives.

“I may never know the complete truth,’’ Freeman said.

Freeman’s friends say that if Freeman actually knew that Atlanta would pivot around and trade for Olson if he didn’t sign before the start of spring training, he would have accepted their unofficial five-year, $140 million offer.

We’ll never know for sure, but Freeman has made it quite clear that he never wanted to leave Atlanta, and with of the emotions hitting him at once last weekend, he realized the free-agent outcome was a colossal mistake.

He can blame his agent.

His agent can blame Atlanta.

Atlanta can blame miscommunication between the player and agenct.

Everyone is scrambling to save face now, but in the end, this falls on Freeman.

He was the one ultimately accountable, deciding whether to stay in Atlanta or risk the uncertainty of free agency.

Freeman may still be upset, his nerves still raw after last weekend’s lovefest in Atlanta, but really, whose fault is it?
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...7316d75fb3f75a

With Dansby Swanson facing Free Agency this next year and being represented by Excel, the Atlanta management team needs to learn a lesson. https://thespun.com/more/mlb/dansby-...b-world-reacts
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Saw Bogaerts come out of the game yesterday in a caught stealing tag out. I thought maybe it was his wrist or something, but turns out he got spiked and needed seven stitches in his thigh. Woof.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-thigh-injury