Page 60 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2707
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    A DH accrues negative dWAR for not being on the field. Maybe he should pick up a glove too?
    that's ridiculous, but thanks for the explanation; I wondered if that was it. So, a guy who is a FT starting pitcher, and hits FT as a DH, is somehow worth -1.3 wins because he doesn't also play the field? And if you eliminated that metric, he is more than half a game ahead of Judge?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It's not the best stat but there is some logic for penalizing the guy that doesn't play the field, it makes him worth as much as a full time butcher at 1b. That is easy enough to come by while rewarding the people that contribute on D. Pitchers seem to get 0.0 dWar.

If you give Shohei back a point it makes him closer to Judge but not tied, which feels about right based on their seasons (to me) while ignoring the context of their team's performance (which I have always felt is important to an MVP case).

I.e. There is no intrinsic value to hitting 200 home runs for a team that goes 0-162, they could have done that without the performance.

fangraphs remade their chart because of Ohtani arguments:

https://www.fangraphs.com/warleaders...=2022&team=all
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Holy fuck Aaron Hicks
    That was awesome!

LF is a curse in the new Stadium.
    Hicks will do great when he gets traded.....

Fabulous Freddie Freeman fantastically flourishes flicking Four & flogging Four in

Magic number is 1 for the Dodgers, White sox not letting Guards just take the division by repeatedly drubbing the Twins.

Freddie Freeman fire continues

Pujols is all alone in 3rd behind Bonds and Aaron on the HR list...
    Love me some Tio Albert

Also just read in addition to homering off all 30 MLB teams in his career, Pujols has homered from all nine spots in the batting order, in every inning, on every day of the week and in every count during an at-bat. He’s had 60 two-homer games and four three-home run games.

He’s a legend

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Pujols is all alone in 3rd behind Bonds and Aaron on the HR list...
    Love me some Tio Albert

Also just read in addition to homering off all 30 MLB teams in his career, Pujols has homered from all nine spots in the batting order, in every inning, on every day of the week and in every count during an at-bat. He’s had 60 two-homer games and four three-home run games.
    Babe Ruth
    Last edited by Danno; 09-11-2022 at 03:14 PM.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

4th, my bad.
    Thanks
    I have a shit that happened in my lifetime bias.
    Or a maybe it's a bias against things that happened when May's, Bonds, and Pujols wouldn't have been allowed to play...
    But yes 4th all time.

Hope he gets 700.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    4th, my bad.
    Thanks
    I have a shit that happened in my lifetime bias.
    Or a maybe it's a bias against things that happened when May's, Bonds, and Pujols wouldn't have been allowed to play...
    But yes 4th all time.

Hope he gets 700.
    Can't blame Ruth for shit outside of his control. he may have been part black and in any event was an advocate for black players:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...029-story.html

Not blaming Ruth at all, just trying to figure out why I blanked on him being on that list.

Cool article. I had heard that before, but never saw it backed up...

It seems like we can say with confidence that benching Hicks was a wise move. I’m tentatively hopeful that the Yanks might be figuring shit out.

This Dodger offense is unbelievable

I have to say the Mariners have a fine team. Good series, insane game 3. Tip of the hat.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Mariners are fucking hot and playing good ball.

Happy to see the Guardos pull off the 3 game sweep in Minneapolis and wake the bats back up. Huge help in this division race.
    I still call it The Jake.

Good for Albert, I hope he makes it to 700.

Both Tito Francona and Phil Nevin got ejected tonight on the same play without a single pitch being thrown.

Terry got fucking heated, way more that I've ever seen him with multiple F-bombs to the home plate ump's face.

It was all terribly confusing and very entertaining as no one knew what the fuck the fuss was about (Ump refused to acknowledge or even see Tito calling for a review for hbp, and then Nevin arguing that his guy should get to get a warmup pitch or two because of the delay.

Tito was great in postgame. "What was said out there Skip?"

TF: "Oh, I just was checking in on his family and he was asking about mine..."

Guards notch 4th straight and move to 4 up in the loss column over the second place Black Sox.

ROLL GUARDS.

Tito is close to my all time golfing foursome.
    Decisions Decisions

Yeah, but he would just relentlessly make fun of you until you cried. Maybe that’s the draw of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Tito is close to my all time golfing foursome.
    This is seriously high praise. I'll have to keep this metric in mind going forward.

I've heard that Tito is the most foul mouthed, hilarious, and totally cool sonufabitch in baseball. And that's from some that have been around the game 50+ years, so they know a good shit when they see one.

Emmanuel Clase is just fucking FILTHY. League-leading 35th Save tonight.

Guardos win their 5th straight, 7 out of 8, keep Trout from the history books (no 8th straight game with a HR) and Tito even managed to not get tossed tonight.

Which is nice.

Roll Guards.

Jump in the pool.

Clayton Ketshaws seven scoreless supported by Gallos bat help the Dodgers clinch the NL West.

Should be a fun postseason.
    Go Guards fk the stros.

Manoah was up until 6:30am and sick enough to consider a trip to the ER on Monday night, but didn't go because he "didn't know how it all worked here." I mean, it's Canada, you just show up and they help you and you leave when you're feeling better but whatever. Point is, when asked why he played yesterday he says "because it's my turn in the rotation and I need to do my job."

What a man. Pretty dominant performance all things considered. Go Jays!!