Page 50 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2707
    I figured it for ~4 hours, glad I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I figured it for ~4 hours, glad I was wrong.
    Oh, I was just being a smart ass about another nationally televised Yankees Red Sox game. I’m with you glad this one was over quickly, lol
    I still call it The Jake.

Haven’t watched much his season due to busy times and cord cutting, but got YouTubeTv for hockey and Dubs playoff so getting a little beisbol like tonight. Ran into a Yankee fan friend today being smug about last nights game. Sox not going anywhere this season, but just win as many of these games as possible.

Won two series in a row from the AL East. Just enough hope left to crush us

Holy shit the Braves development system is amazing. First Michael Harris II and now Vaughn Grissom. Its like a replay of when Acuna and Albies came up.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Won two series in a row from the AL East. Just enough hope left to crush us
    Shit man they were the best team in baseball n June (well, them and the Yanks) with half the team hurt, and now everybody's coming back except Sale and who expected anything out of him? Kiké's gonna be the spark plug they need, JD's gonna get his shit together, X-man's gonna start driving in some runs, Pham and Hosmer are good pickups...

You're right. Just enough hope to crush us.

I was this many years old when I learned Gallo has 2 home runs in 8 games, and Heaney has a 2 era for the Dodgers. What in the actual fuck?!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Man, this Guardians team is just so damned fun to watch.

13 kids have made their major league debut this season, and most are still up making meaningful contributions.

They are the youngest team in baseball and are playing like a team from the 60s or 70s: serious plate discipline, go deep into counts, don’t strike out much, draw walks, and get to the other team’s pen and cause havoc. They hit to all fields, steal bases, and, despite not having a power-hitting lineup, manage to come up with clutch home runs day in, day out.

Andres Gimenez, the big piece in the Lindor trade is outplaying Frankie this year, as a rookie.

Steven Kwan is a RoY candidate.

Emmanuel Clase is the best closer in baseball.

Saw this today and was reminded that all of this is thanks to the best front office and development team in baseball.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B4DE901-511C-4F30-A439-B333D44D0766.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	761.7 KB 
ID:	423856

Now, if only the Baseball Gods would finally smile down upon them and help em bring home a title.

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

This. All of this. Go Guards.

Fernando Tatis Sr.: "What involves him (Tatis Jr.) is a steroid that contains a spray called trofobol... He got a fungus due to a haircut. His mistake was not reading what it contains, which is what apparently makes him guilty of something totally unknown".

Thanks for that explanation dad.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Fernando Tatis Sr.: "What involves him (Tatis Jr.) is a steroid that contains a spray called trofobol... He got a fungus due to a haircut. His mistake was not reading what it contains, which is what apparently makes him guilty of something totally unknown".

Thanks for that explanation dad.
    Dad probably used also, so he knows all the tricks.

I heard yesterday that Tatis and the three other guys who appeared in some Dairy Queen commercial this year have all fallen victim to some really season-altering shit.

Like the Madden Curse, but with dip cones.

The most delicious curse yet!

The yanks were at an unbelievable 50-17 and have played some of the worst baseball in the bigs since then. Injuries. 8 weeks of barely hitting. If they don't turn things around you're looking at a historic collapse, I have never seen anything like it. Tonight wraps up 5 series losses in a row - they didn't lose a series since the beginning of April until after the all star break. So for those of you that celebrate, Yankees elimination day might be coming a little earlier this year.

This guy is completely oblivious and has been batting creaky and washed Josh Donaldson cleanup for weeks. I don't get it. Hopefully this will finally get Boonehead and Trashman fired so they can import some real baseball talent from Atlanta.

Not even the best team in New York anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I heard yesterday that Tatis and the three other guys who appeared in some Dairy Queen commercial this year have all fallen victim to some really season-altering shit.

Like the Madden Curse, but with dip cones.
    So is it Warren B or Charlie Munger playing the Arnold Rothstein role for this season?

If anyone is looking for the most Angel Hernandez-worthy trash officiated game of the year, look no further than tonight’s Guards-Kitties matchup.

On a play at the plate that should have ended the 1st inning where the player was dead by a mile and NOT obstructed, and called out, somehow NY saw fit to overturn it.

Then, on a caught stealing play in a key moment of the 7th where Kwan was safe by every single angle, again, overturned.

Then the no-bottom strike zone all night.

Then out by a foul-tip in a key moment of the 9th with the tying run at 3rd the umps huddle to see if it was in fact an out. Sure, why not they say, overturning another play.

That was too much for the usually mild-mannered Tito who came out HOT and got his money’s worth getting tossed.

THEN, the third base ump was busy chirping at the Guards dugout and missed the next pitch so of course they call it a do-over 0-0.

W. T. F.

The shitty overturned call in the fucking first was the difference in the whole damned game. I can’t stand it when the umps take the game out of the players hands. Even more so when it’s patently wrong.

Sounds like the whole crew pulled an Angel, along with the replay crew in NY. How annoying is it when they take several minutes to review a play, and often it is clear, and they still get it wrong??

But y'all won june and july!
    Ask irul

The single best Onion baseball headline ever: https://www.theonion.com/report-noth...me-1849414524?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Ask irul
    try to keep up, they were 13-13 in july (thanks to boone blowing many wins with a 155-84 pythag) after going 56-21 in april, june, and july.
    they have not scored since

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Ask irul
    If you can’t hit you can’t win. Gotta have those RBI (no s).

And, Woodsy, May, June and July has given them the cushion to get people off IL and through the slump.

Mets just took a huge hit to their starting staff. Carrasco out for a month. Solid #3.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Crawford walk off homer after Estrada triple make it five in a row for Giants!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=401355953

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Crawford walk off homer after Estrada triple make it five in a row for Giants!

https://www.espn.com/mlb/recap?gameId=401355953
    .509 baby!

It was good to see the old man muscle that out.