Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2707
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Hope to see you at the Jake in Oct/Nov
    Thanks fellas!

Scrambling through contacts this evening that have season tickets. Would love to get in before the cattle call opens up on the 28th. Would really love to make it happen and surprise my son by flying us up for a game (or two *fingerscrossed*).
    I still call it The Jake.

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    AL CENTRAL CHAMPS!!!

The youngest team in all of Major League Baseball just came up and took the division with a magical season (and September, so far going 18 wins in their last 21 games).

Your AL Rookie of the Year, Steven Kwan, had himself a day too with a Grand Slam, 3 hits, 3 runs, 5 RBI and 2 stolen bases. Incredible.

Looking great, Tito!
    Attachment 427558

ROLL GUARDS.
    Roll fucking Guards. 3rd in the AL. So fun to have a team worth rooting for. TheRookieKwan kicking ass yet again, flirting with .300 for the season.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Barry Bonds is absolutely insufferable. Great great hitter. But he is a complete cocksucker. He and a rod together is rich (and I don’t care about roids and I think they should be hof ers).
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Barry Bonds is absolutely insufferable. Great great hitter. But he is a complete cocksucker. He and a rod together is rich (and I don’t care about roids and I think they should be hof ers).
    If Bonds and A Rod just found a hole to crawl into, I think baseball would be happy to let us all forget about them. Not sure why ESPN would thought they needed to rehab that dude’s image.

I don’t even mind ARod. I think he’s good analytically, not too preachy, whatev he fully admits he did roods.

Bonds is a fucking ass clown.
    Decisions Decisions

With a couple of wins the O's secure their first winning seasons since when? I guess we'll see if the Sox can play spoilers again.

Bonds is an ass clown. I have never seen a better baseball player, but he's an ass.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Seeing how well my “Judge or Ohtani is your AL MVP” question over last week, I’ll pose another:

Who is your AL Manager of the Year?

Tito guiding the youngest roster in baseball (and younger than the average AAA team) to a division title; or

Brandon Hyde getting the Orioles over .500?

Seeing how well my “Judge or Ohtani is your AL MVP” question over last week, I’ll pose another:

Tito guiding the youngest roster in baseball (and younger than the average AAA team) to a division title; or

What, no love for Aaron Boo--couldn't finish that one with a straight face.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Scott Servais from the Mariners should at least be in the conversation, but I think Tito wins

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What, no love for Aaron Boo--couldn't finish that one with a straight face.
    Trust me, I had a snarky Boone comment in my original post, but pulled it back cause no way I can put that shade out there on a Victory Monday.

Dusty might get a couple of votes for the consistency and exceeding expectations after correa left.

Hyde but I love me some Tito and if he won it’s well deserved.
    Decisions Decisions

Not a hudge intentional walk guy but when Judge is only threat....

And if anything deprives Yankee fans of joy, I am for it

Yeah. He should get used to it. He won’t see a single pitch in the post season if teams are smart

That is how to win a baseball game.
    Go Jays

Not a hudge intentional walk guy but when Judge is only threat....
    Drysdale would not have done it
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

ESPN Films’ latest documentary “Yankees-Dodgers: An Uncivil War” will debut Tuesday, September 27 at 9 p.m. ET on ESPN. In 1977 and 1978, the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers squared off in back-to-back World Series. Each club was a tenuous collection of talent and personalities that threatened to combust at any moment, but ultimately managed to reach the pinnacle of the sport. Produced by Mark Shapiro and Peter Guber in association with FILM45, directed by Fritz Mitchell (“The Legend of Jimmy the Greek,” “Ghosts of Ole Miss”), and narrated by actor Rob Lowe, the documentary tells the story of a rivalry filled with colorful characters, seismic controversies and unforgettable moments. The film will be made available on ESPN+ immediately after its premiere.

“I love baseball and I love heavyweight boxing. I have done movies in all areas, but the chance to do a heavyweight fight in baseball was irresistible,” said Guber. “There was no “crying in baseball”, unless you were the loser in the ’70s of the Dodgers vs. Yankees uncivil war.”

“It was a fun challenge to tell the story of baseball’s most traditional rivalry and to document the Dodgers and Yankees on their inevitable collision course through a two-year period,” added Mitchell. “I’m old enough to remember the summer of 1977, the blackout, the Son of Sam and Reggie Jackson’s three home runs, but I had forgotten about the turmoil of the Yankees and was unfamiliar with the Dodgers clubhouse angst. Both New York and Los Angeles were going through periods of profound change and despair. I found that the troubles of baseball’s free agency era mirrored those of society and the ‘me generation,’ a time that seems eerily similar to today.”

The documentary features extensive interviews with virtually all the living protagonists of the tale, from Reggie Jackson and Steve Garvey to Ron Guidry, Tommy John, Willie Randolph, Ron Cey, Graig Nettles, Steve Yeager, Mickey Rivers, Bucky Dent and Dusty Baker, as well as many of the writers and reporters who covered the teams at the time.
    Must be made by Yankees fans as they leave out 81

Must be made by Yankees fans as they leave out 81
    It is ESPN

Must be made by Yankees fans as they leave out 81 (complains in WHINEEEEEEE)
    Those poor LA Dodgers just can't catch a break even with a TV special produced by Mark Shapiro (owner Dodgers AAA OKC affiliate), Peter Gruber (co-owner, Dodgers), and narrated by noted Dodgers fan Rob Lowe.

Poverty franchise, relocate them to Montreal already.

Watching Yanks and Toronto. What is the Toronto pitcher chewing on? He hangs it out of his mouth between pitches. Mouthguard?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Watching Yanks and Toronto. What is the Toronto pitcher chewing on? He hangs it out of his mouth between pitches. Mouthguard?
    Ask Steph Curry.

Sometimes they even throw it.