Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    It was also the welcome back to Fenway game for Bill Buckner, and he threw out the first pitch in a big ceremony. Eventful game.

A hawk, in Boston, in 2008?
    You don't think....

Freeman got his first hit today, Beaty and The Fresh Prince went back to back HRs.
    Dodgers still lost!
    Haven't won a game yet...
    Blow it all up, fire Roberts, start over

Wasn’t Thelonius more 2006-ish?
    I still call it The Jake.

The stupid runner on 2nd in extras is coming back?

"Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association have agreed to rule tweaks that will expand rosters, place an automatic runner on second base during extra innings and allow pitchers to remain in the lineup after they have been replaced on the mound, an industry source confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday"

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...nd-base-extras

The Ohtani rule and NO FUCK NO
    BOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The stupid runner on 2nd in extras is coming back?

"Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association have agreed to rule tweaks that will expand rosters, place an automatic runner on second base during extra innings and allow pitchers to remain in the lineup after they have been replaced on the mound, an industry source confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday"

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...nd-base-extras
    I hope to God this year a pitcher loses a perfect game to show MLB what a stupid rule this is.

Hurler brings a perfect game into the 10th, runner goes on 2b, sac fly to the outfield.

Still a perfect game. Still a loss.

good lord that is stupid, i’d rather tie. or have BP-esque home run derby if we’re tossing bad ideas out

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    A hawk, in Boston, in 2008?
    You don't think....
    Yeah first thing I thought of was our guy Thelonious for sure.

Aaaaand Soler goes to the Marlins.

Thanks for being Mr. Octember Joge and best of luck except against the Braves.

The Atlanta Braves have had quite the offseason after winning the World Series last year. They added players like Matt Olson and Kenley Jansen, but they did lose some to free agency. One of them being outfielder and World Series MVP Jorge Soler, who signed a three-year deal with the rival Miami Marlins.

Days after the news dropped, Soler took time to send a message to Braves fans on Twitter, thanking them for their support throughout the last year.

Jorge Soler
    @solerpower12
    A big thank you to the Atlanta Braves organization for allowing me to be a part of your family. Last year was an incredible ride with a perfect ending. I will never forget it. Braves Country, thank you for all the love and support. See you soon ⚾️
    10:50 AM · Mar 22, 2022
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Even though hes a fucking Giant now, love Joc and his 2 rings in last 3 seasons calling out ownership of the Steamers, Pirates, & Os for all being lower than the shared TV Revenue
    Embarrassed for your fan base…be better. If you can’t, sell ur team to somebody that wants to show the fan base and baseball they’re at least trying to compete. Sorry unacceptable

Even though hes a fucking Giant now, love Joc and his 2 rings in last 3 seasons calling out ownership of the Steamers, Pirates, & Os for all being lower than the shared TV Revenue
    Ayup.

Forgot about Joc. He will also be missed.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Glad yall read into that payrolls lower than the shared TV revenues..

Joc is streaky but good
    Hes about to regress to the Mendiza line in Norcal

Glad yall read into that payrolls lower than the shared TV revenues..

Joc is streaky but good
    Hes about to regress to the Mendiza line in Norcal
    Let him hit against lefties and he’ll be safely below the Mendoza line.

Dodgers DFA’d Matt Beaty today. I hope he gets in a good situation. Seems like a good dude and can definitely rake.

He hit a bomb yesterday and can play 5 different positions, useful

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    How long until the Mets destroy his soul? Probably right around the end of July.

It's a different world. Wilpons gone. Very wealthy Mets fan as new owner. And Buck don't fuck around. I was kinda meh about him until the Orioles hired him, and, like, within a few months, they did a 180 from pathetic to an irritant in the AL East, and then contender the next few years, with essentially the same people. And that's with one of the more hated owners in baseball. Now he's got a checkbook and NYC stadium filling revenue. Maybe not this year, but, watch him.

Men that screamed poverty to start lock out all own teams valued at over a BILLION dollars ( except you Bruce Sherman, you can can only claim $990 mil)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...h=1614794c600a

Yankees still # 1 even with out a ring in recent memory....

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Pretty soon that will be the historical number AND how long it’s been since the Yankees had a parade.

Kershaw pitched 4 scorelss and Dodgers do this.
    love my team

The Los Angeles Dodgers re-signed outfielder Andrew Toles, who has not played baseball since 2018. The renewal of Toles' contract will allow him to have access to mental health services and health insurance.

Toles, 29, has schizophrenia and the continued support by the organization provides Toles finances and health services needed to survive.

Toles was placed on the restricted list in March 2019 and was briefly at extended spring training that year but did not play. He was arrested in June 2020 on a misdemeanor trespassing charge when he was found homeless, asleep behind a Fed Ex Building at the Key West International Airport in Florida.

Andrew Toles did not play in the majors last season.

Shortly after, it was revealed the Toles had been in and out of mental health facilities, homeless shelters and had multiple run-ins with police. His family sought out legal guardianship but was unable to do so without Toles' consent.

That's cool.

I saw in the odds book that the Mets are the fifth most-favored to win a WS. I don't see them as having leap frogged the Braves based on the moves and their record last year, is this just a function of the bookmakers having to cover their asses vs. the bets or did they really get that much better? both? They weren't even above .500 last year. I'm not a gambler but it seems crazy.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    That's cool.

I saw in the odds book that the Mets are the fifth most-favored to win a WS. I don't see them as having leap frogged the Braves based on the moves and their record last year, is this just a function of the bookmakers having to cover their asses vs. the bets or did they really get that much better? both? They weren't even above .500 last year. I'm not a gambler but it seems crazy.
    As a Mets fan, I can say this about their team and their chances:

They failed last year almost entirely because their offense shit the bed, except their offense was supposed to be what would carry them. Almost everyone underperformed relative to expectations. So, some regression to the mean will lead to improvement on that end. Also, they were in the thick of things until deGrom went down. If he can stay healthy, well, I hope he can stay healthy. In addition to having the best pitcher in baseball, they improved their starting pitching dramatically, and bolstered their outfield quite a bit.

It's the Mets of course, so all bets are off and I can envision how this all blows up, but they really did get that much better, and 5th most favored doesn't sound incorrect to me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Like many, especially NL fans living in the tristate, I want the Mets to do well as long as to paraphrase the Godfather " your interests dont conflict with mine..."
    Hope they have a hell of a season and lose 4-1 to the Dodgers in the NLCS ( De Grom perfect game being the 1 in citi since I will be there to tip my cap)
    then we can sweep the Yankees for the WS win