Page 32 of 71 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 776 to 800 of 1755
  1. #776
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    Hooooo-leee-shit!!!

    Tribe goes down 3 in the 10th and comes back to cap a 4 run bottom of the inning thanks to a 2-out, 2-strike home run by Josh Naylor who was so fucking amped that he head butted Tito Francona in celebration.

    He also channeled Pedro Cerrano taking the bat damned near to first and tossing it just about to the crowd.

    FUCKING AWESOME!
    I still call it The Jake.

  2. #777
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,474
    Not an easy series for the Sox in Toronto, glad to get out of there with a W. George Springer has been killing us for years.

  3. #778
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Suckramento
    Posts
    20,738
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hooooo-leee-shit!!!

    Tribe goes down 3 in the 10th and comes back to cap a 4 run bottom of the inning thanks to a 2-out, 2-strike home run by Josh Naylor who was so fucking amped that he head butted Tito Francona in celebration.

    He also channeled Pedro Cerrano taking the bat damned near to first and tossing it just about to the crowd.

    FUCKING AWESOME!
    They obviously weren’t playing the Yankees
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.


  4. #779
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    They obviously weren’t playing the Yankees
    This weekend. We’ll see, as Dad would say.
    I still call it The Jake.

  5. #780
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hooooo-leee-shit!!!

    Tribe goes down 3 in the 10th and comes back to cap a 4 run bottom of the inning thanks to a 2-out, 2-strike home run by Josh Naylor who was so fucking amped that he head butted Tito Francona in celebration.

    He also channeled Pedro Cerrano taking the bat damned near to first and tossing it just about to the crowd.

    FUCKING AWESOME!
    I need to learn not to write this group off down multiple runs in extra innings.

    Also Kwan went 3-4 with a walk. 288 BA and 374 OBP.

  6. #781
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I need to learn not to write this group off down multiple runs in extra innings.

    Also Kwan went 3-4 with a walk. 288 BA and 374 OBP.
    They’ve scored more runs from the 8th inning on than any other team in baseball.

    Kwan had himself a big night! Also, he was the only guy to score a draw in a pre-game chess tournament the team had with a local high school team which is apparently ranked 12th in the nation, which is nice.

    Video of Nayls head-butting Tito. At least Francona put on a helmet this time lol

    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfagnd8t...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    I still call it The Jake.

  7. #782
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    They’ve scored more runs from the 8th inning on than any other team in baseball.

    Kwan had himself a big night! Also, he was the only guy to score a draw in a pre-game chess tournament the team had with a local high school team which is apparently ranked 12th in the nation, which is nice.

    Video of Nayls head-butting Tito. At least Francona put on a helmet this time lol

    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cfagnd8t...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    That’s awesome!

  8. #783
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,745
    https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...zL7P6X_f76L0PQ

    “Over the last three weeks, Shohei Ohtani has put up 2.5 Wins Above Replacement. He has been the single best pitcher in baseball and the 15th-most-productive offensive player.

    So many take for granted what he's doing. Don't. This is a once-in-a-lifetime show. Relish greatness.”

    And they are still third in their division and five games out of the wild card.

  9. #784
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/statu...zL7P6X_f76L0PQ

    “Over the last three weeks, Shohei Ohtani has put up 2.5 Wins Above Replacement. He has been the single best pitcher in baseball and the 15th-most-productive offensive player.

    So many take for granted what he's doing. Don't. This is a once-in-a-lifetime show. Relish greatness.”

    And they are still third in their division and five games out of the wild card.
    It’s a shame he plays on the west coast. He’d get so much more airtime if he had 7pm est starts. Incredible talent and story.
    I still call it The Jake.

  10. #785
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,663
    So Freddie's agent didn't tell him about the ATL offer? Wtf?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  11. #786
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,745
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It’s a shame he plays on the west coast. He’d get so much more airtime if he had 7pm est starts. Incredible talent and story.
    It’s not like LA lacks any people. There are enough west coasters who are interested. It’s just that ESPN can’t see anything west of the Bronx from their CT studio.

  12. #787
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    So Freddie's agent didn't tell him about the ATL offer? Wtf?
    Much less one he knew he’d accept from everything I’ve heard locally.

    No way that guy ever works again.
    I still call it The Jake.

  13. #788
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    It’s not like LA lacks any people. There are enough west coasters who are interested. It’s just that ESPN can’t see anything west of the Bronx from their CT studio.
    Right?

    Just imagine if 3/4 of the country could see him take a first pitch before 10pm though.
    I still call it The Jake.

  14. #789
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,745
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Right?

    Just imagine if 3/4 of the country could see him take a first pitch before 10pm though.
    Nah, only 47% of people live in EST.

    My favorite is living in Pacific time and rooting for an east coast team. Game starts at 4, turn it on to finish my work day, then it’s over by dinner time.

  15. #790
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,474
    Kevin Youkilis was saying on the Sox broadcast last night (and who knows if he has it right), the ATL deal was for somewhat less money than the LAD deal, but because of the difference in tax rates between the two states it was effectively for more money.

  16. #791
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    in a freezer in Italy
    Posts
    5,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    My favorite is living in Pacific time and rooting for an east coast team. Game starts at 4, turn it on to finish my work day, then it’s over by dinner time.
    That must be nice. Game here didn't end until well after 11:00 last night. The worst is West Coast road trips, I need my beauty rest!

  17. #792
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Nah, only 47% of people live in EST.

    My favorite is living in Pacific time and rooting for an east coast team. Game starts at 4, turn it on to finish my work day, then it’s over by dinner time.
    I was including the good folks in Central too

    That's got to be fantastic having games start at 4 and over and done by 7. It's almost like you get day baseball all the time.


    Also, this image has been cracking me up all day today. This Naylor Game 2.0 may even be better than the first Naylor Game where he hit a game-tying grand slam then a game-winning 3 run jack in extras. Legend already.

    I still call it The Jake.

  18. #793
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    12,483
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    That must be nice. Game here didn't end until well after 11:00 last night. The worst is West Coast road trips, I need my beauty rest!
    this Dodger fan in CT laughs at your beauty rest. Pass out on the couch like you should!

    He was only a Dodger for a year, but I love Scherzer. Bought a huge meal for the whole team after his rehab start for the Rumble Ponies of Binghamton.

    Massive series this weekend in the NL. Padres Dodgers will cause me to lose some sleep tomorrow night...
    nice Sat and Sunday day games!
    Last edited by Woodsy; 06-30-2022 at 02:13 PM.

  19. #794
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    They did it AGAIN!!!

    Guards walk it off on a Andres Gimenez home run in the bottom of the 9th against the Twinkies!

    That's back to back walk-off wins against them. Just awesome.

    This team is really, really fun to watch.
    I still call it The Jake.

  20. #795
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,080
    I missed it. In my defense, I’m on a beach.

    Kwan watch: went 0-3 and still raised his OBP.

    I’m starting to like this team a bit more than usual. Kardiac kids junior?

  21. #796
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    You have every excuse to not pay attention. Grab another beer and enjoy the beach

    Kwan is doing so great in the lead off spot. Just sets the table for everyone behind him.
    I still call it The Jake.

  22. #797
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You have every excuse to not pay attention. Grab another beer and enjoy the beach

    Kwan is doing so great in the lead off spot. Just sets the table for everyone behind him.
    Good advice. Done. This is why you’re my attorney.

    Go Guardians.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656625286.264862.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	420364

  23. #798
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    8,745
    PNC Park tonight. The view does not disappoint.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8823.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	420369

  24. #799
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    29,592
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Good advice. Done. This is why you’re my attorney.

    Go Guardians.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1656625286.264862.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	420364
    I’m here to help
    I still call it The Jake.

  25. #800
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    13,624
    astros are playing some good baseball
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •