Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Oh really Danno?!?!
    Really.

I look forward to the inevitable ridicule come August.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

olson to the braves.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Read today media rights are $1.5 ish billion annually
    Thats over $53 mil a team before theyvsell 1 ticket or hat.
    $50+ mil just for having a team. All of them
    Remember that.

OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD

Braves net was 105 million last year. Publicly owned company, had to report.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I don’t know, doesn’t seem too ridiculous to me. $100mil? And they went through the entire playoffs?
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Read today media rights are $1.5 ish billion annually
    Thats over $53 mil a team before theyvsell 1 ticket or hat.
    $50+ mil just for having a team. All of them
    Remember that.

And I see this morning that you he Reds had an absolute fire sale to anyone who wanted something. All to “align their payroll”.

Lol, these owners are funny.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Really.

I look forward to the inevitable ridicule come August.
    I didn’t know that! I’m a Mets sympathizer. Plus enemy of my enemy is my friend type shit. LGM!
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I didn’t know that! I’m a Mets sympathizer. Plus enemy of my enemy is my friend type shit. LGM!
    Heh, most Sox fans have a problem with the Mets because 1986, but I was always ok with the Sox because the enemy of my enemy stuff. My second favorite team in baseball is whoever is playing the fucking Yankees.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Goddamn right.
    Decisions Decisions

Heh heh. Poor Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Since when are you a Braves fan?

This place has lost all sense of decorum....
    Seriously. Yankees will never win one at this rate, so I guess those fans have to pretend

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Heh, most Sox fans have a problem with the Mets because 1986, but I was always ok with the Sox because the enemy of my enemy stuff. My second favorite team in baseball is whoever is playing the fucking Yankees.
    I’m too young to have any mementoes of 86 so I never disliked the Mets. It feels a little rude to dislike the Mets or the Royals unless you’re a fan of the teams. Then you can hate them all you want

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Seriously. Yankees will never win one at this rate, so I guess those fans have to pretend
    there are rules here!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I’m too young to have any mementoes of 86 so I never disliked the Mets. It feels a little rude to dislike the Mets or the Royals unless you’re a fan of the teams. Then you can hate them all you want
    It's not hate, it's called self loathing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 08-54-35 Freddie Freeman Says Goodbye To Atlanta Braves With Emotional .png 
Views:	21 
Size:	340.4 KB 
ID:	409811

Vaya Con Dios Hombre and the very best of luck until the post season.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Great quote today from Vladimir Guerrero Jr on the Jays this season "Last year was the trailer, now you guys are going to see the movie"

Freddie is a class act.

It appears the entire league (especially the Blue Jays) really, really want perennial MVP contender Jose Ramirez.

I don't blame them, but the Tribe really wants him too, and he's due for a massive payday when his club-friendly deal expires in 2 years. In typical CLE fashion, I don't see them making that deal so they'd better get to work now on signing him or risk losing even more of an already sour fanbase.

Its not just about throwing $ around its about putting in the work.
    Long term
    Good Article o Dodgers working on Freeman since seasons end.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/bets-off-in...153953711.html

On the afternoon of Dec. 1, as the clock ticked down toward an owner-imposed lockout, Dodgers players, coaches and front office personnel had gathered at the Terranea Resort along the Palos Verdes Peninsula for Mookie Betts’ wedding. As night fell, a party commenced inside — “she did it up big,” Betts said and laughed about his wife, Brianna — that included a live performance from rapper Nelly.

President of baseball operations Andrew Friedman, manager Dave Roberts and third baseman Justin Turner, however, had ducked outside. Huddled around a phone, they called Freeman on speaker, eager to leave a lasting impression before the clock struck nine on the West Coast, which would trigger the lockout and bar all contact between players and team personnel.

“We were like, ‘Let’s go call him,’” Roberts recalled. “We wanted to be the last team to talk to him [before the lockout].”

On Friday, Friedman recalled their message to the free agent, who was feeding his baby son a bottle when they rang him up: “Hey, don’t forget about us. During this period, don’t forget about us.”...

Parents there and winter House in Corona didnt hurt...

There is that and then there is Freeman's agent dropping an ultimatum on AA. Seems like that was the trigger to make the trade for Olson.

The next day, Close and Anthopoulos spoke, and, according to four sources, Close told Anthopoulous that the Braves had an hour to accept one of two proposals — a six-year, $175 million deal, an average of a little more than $29 million a year, or a five-year, $165 million deal, an average of $33 million per season.The Braves pulled their offer soon after and pivoted to preparing for life without Freeman. The whole article is worth a read and includes quotes from Chipper Jones cautioning Freeman to not try and play the Braves.

The sixth year was apparently the sticking point for Freeman and his representatives in their negotiations with the Braves. The six-year, $162 million deal that he agreed to isn’t that much different than the five-year, $140 million offer the Braves had. Who knows if Atlanta had any more wiggle room? It appears that Freeman’s representatives handed out an ultimatum thinking that the Braves would cave and when that didn’t happen, didn’t appear to be fully prepared for anything else.
    https://tomahawktake.com/2022/03/18/...-freeman-saga/
    It was at this point Chipper Jones had a discussion with Freddie Freeman and told him, “You’re playing a dangerous, dangerous game … They will move on without you, because Alex has a job to do. If he doesn’t do that job, he puts his job in jeopardy.”

Truer words have never been spoken. We’ve witnessed time and again with AA that once he reaches a limit on what he’s willing to do, he won’t go past that limit.
    At any rate I hope the best for Freeman and the Braves and predict that in 5-6 years Freeman will be back in Atlanta for his final year.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Seager to the Sox, another Astros cheater to the Yanks (on a milb deal).

The lock-out took a little of my enthusiasm away for the only pro-sport I follow though. Maybe it'll come back quick with games, the AL-east is stacked as usual. Should be fun, and if the Jays get Ramirez, shit!

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Seager to the Sox, another Astros cheater to the Yanks (on a milb deal).

The lock-out took a little of my enthusiasm away for the only pro-sport I follow though. Maybe it'll come back quick with games, the AL-east is stacked as usual. Should be fun, and if the Jays get Ramirez, shit!
    Um, which Seager to which Sox?

Did you mean Story?

yup yup, Story signed today.

The Tribe, er, Guardians as of today have the third-lowest payroll in baseball, only ahead of Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

The Browns' new quarterback will make more money next year than the entire payroll of the Tribe.

That new CBA really seems to be working out; good thing they can breed Cy Young winners on the cheap, otherwise they'd be relegated to AAA.

Not much on TV tonight so I clicked on this replay of BoSox-Tigers game from 2008. A well-known game, because a hawk swooped down and nailed a rat (or something) off the grass and flew off with it during the game. But Remy and Orsillo in the booth, Tito in the dugout, Manny, Papi, Pedroia, Youk, Tek...them were the days.

Speaking of which, it’s a treat to have Tito back in the dugout for the Tribe.