Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I'll join team Moment, because, uh, I like their skis. Generally speaking you can charge on them but they're still playful and fun.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Probably Kastle. I never skied a Kastle that I didn't like (I have owned MX89, MX98, BMX105HP, BMX128, TX98). Even its pow skis and touring skis have treated me really well.
    I even loved their park skis. Wish they had kept and expanded the line.

I think Dynastar has to be in the running solely because they have made some good ass skis for about 50 years, across a variety of styles, and even the duds tend to be serviceable.

One brand for the rest of your life...

This game needs more rules. Some kind of deal with the devil/monkey paw aspect, like I pay 10% retail but I’m locked in forever even if the owners stop making skis or fall behind in innovation/quality/whatever

So what if you are locked into a brand during the Rax revolution and they’re not going Rax?

One brand? For the rest of my life?
    And I never felt this way before.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 03-11-2022 at 10:06 PM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

When one company makes skis like the Praxis 192 Protest and Praxis/Pm gear 191Lhasa Fat for pow,
    D-star Mfree 108 and LP 105 for DD, Head Monster 82’s for firm and 4frnt Cody’s for fucking around I would entertain the notion of devotion to one manufacturer.

phish

but i used to like 311
    bumps are for poor people

Black crows because they have more models and shapes of freeride skis than all the other brands put together. Just through pure volume they are bound to have a couple options which work for me.

Honestly it’s ON3P because a season without Billy Goats might as well be spent somewhere tropic.

Blizzard, Dynastar and Moment are honorable mentions, in sequence. Just don’t have Billy Goats.

Black Crows is probably my runner up. Trendiness aside they make really good skis and agree the sheer variety is a strong point.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Probably Kastle. I never skied a Kastle that I didn't like (I have owned MX89, MX98, BMX105HP, BMX128, TX98). Even its pow skis and touring skis have treated me really well. 2d would be Blizzard (I have owned Titan 9, Titan Pro, Cochise, Bushwackers, Bodacious, Rustler 11).
    Second all of this except I haven’t had as many pairs of Kastles or Blizzards. Kaestle is my 1, MX98, BMX 108, ZX108, BMX105HP, BMX115, all good skis. Blizzard would be my 2 (and it’s close) Brahma, R9, Bonafide, Cochise, Bodacious, Scout, all good skis too. Not sure who my 3 would be, probably Moment, Commander 98, and Bananas would cover me for most days, just means a LOT of waxing to get those bases to hold wax for more then a run.

Boots: Probably have to say Lange and get a ZB to work, then the XT Free 130. I love my Head Raptor 140RS, but I haven’t heard anything positive about Heads touring boots. Maybe if I could get Atomics Club Sport race boot to work Atomic boots?

Bindings: Look, need I say more? I get P14, P15, P18, Look branded Dynafits, and if we stretch a bit CAST 2.0

Last edited by skibrd; 03-12-2022 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Skis- It used to be Volkl…but currently it’s now Moment……

Bindings- It used to be Marker…but currently it’s Look…

Boot- Tecnica
    Samesies except Lange boots

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Despite my current quiver being pretty diverse (7 skis from 6 manufacturers), I think Moment would have to be the answer, mainly because of the Deathwish. Commander 98 + Deathwish would cover 90% of my ski days. I haven't tried the Chipotle banana or ghost train but one would have to do for super deep days, and although the commander tour is a bit heavier than I am used to, it would be a fine touring ski for what I do most of the time in the backcountry.

Dynastar and Look.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Comes down to Dynastar or Volkl for me. I think I’m going to say Volkl since the folks in Chamonix occasionally lose their minds and put out garbage every once in a while.
    Yeah, You could end up skiing only stiff pintails with 10mm of camber.....

But really - current Dynastar line-up is strong. I'm not too sure about their touring offerings though.

How about Julien Regnier. Is that a legal answer? Pretty much that guy has been the one to drive freeride ski shapes and models since he was on the 1080.

That guy is a ski creating genius.

So my obvious answer is Black Crows. Blizzard and Volkl would be tough to decide between second.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    I think Dynastar has to be in the running solely because they have made some good ass skis for about 50 years, across a variety of styles, and even the duds tend to be serviceable.
    I was gonna say dynastar, but they don't make a touring ski that I'm even remotely interested in, so that complicates things.

Probably praxis. All in all the best all around pow ski and very durable. So quick and stable. Tough decision cause I love Cease and Desist, PM gear and others. But you force me and pick protest

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Volkl thru and thru from Tigers as a wee lad, Rentiger R in CO bumps, P9, Vertigo g3, Katana and vwerks and finally M102. They rail and they last forever.

Got that, but it ain’t skis. Lange boots

333 skis

Probably Kastle.
    Do two completely different companies using the same name count as 'one brand', or do you have to choose either the original Kastle or the new Kastle? Or maybe go for 9 years without new skis?

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Do two completely different companies using the same name count as 'one brand', or do you have to choose either the original Kastle or the new Kastle? Or maybe go for 9 years without new skis?
    You have to ski on the last-gen Bennetton Kastles. So B-52 Clessidras and Fiber Tubes.

There's a reason they were off the market for so long. Shame doesn't wash off easy.

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    New Kastle, I’m not old enough to have skied old Kastle

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Black crows because they have more models and shapes of freeride skis than all the other brands put together. Just through pure volume they are bound to have a couple options which work for me.

Honestly it’s ON3P because a season without Billy Goats might as well be spent somewhere tropic.

Blizzard, Dynastar and Moment are honorable mentions, in sequence. Just don’t have Billy Goats.
    So you’d stick with ON3P for <10% of your skiing?

Blizzard.

Making the choice here based on the daily driver not the pow skis. To me, most brands make an acceptable deep snow option, not all make a strong metal laminate daily driver.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    So you’d stick with ON3P for <10% of your skiing?

Billy Goats are more than 10% of your skiing if you’re doing it right. Some of us don’t ski mission exclusively.
    But no, I can build a very capable and well rounded set of skis out of ON3Ps current and future offerings which are more than competitive for 90% of my skiing.
    Billy Goats, Billy Goat tour 110, Jeffery 102, woodsman 102 tour. All those skis are very competitive in their range. I could add a J110 too if I wanted to.

Only skis which are missing is a true firm snow carver, and sub100mm light spring ski. WD102 tour and J102 would still be fun in those roles.

Moment also lacks a real carver or good light spring touring ski.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Moment also lacks a real carver or good light spring touring ski.
    I have a feeling Moment isn't sweating the lack of those models.