Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Seriously?…
    We can just scribble "K2" with a sharpie on his mfrees after we convert him too.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    All your skis you listed are "new" Kastle.

Here's an "old" KastleAttachment 409376
    I had those in a 208!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Surprised to see all the love for the M-Free. I rode a few Dynastars back in my park days, but I found them wildly inconsistent in both quality and performance and kinda gave up on them. Guess they’re worth giving another shot.

Yeah, I feel like I've wasted money on a lot of these brands at one time or another, but I've never been disappointed in a pair of K2s.

One ski forever: Today it would be the MB 108ti. Great in soft snow, handles the chop and crud well, damp enough, edges great on groomers and even ice. Does everything I want a 108 ski to do as a Big Sky DD.

Flame away. Just don't make me speak the truth about your favorite brands.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I had those in a 208!

Want some matching 213's?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Seriously?…
    Seriously... ur missing out

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

MB108ti a fun ski

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    MB108ti a fun ski
    Not as fun as the reckoners

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Seriously... ur missing out

I was teasin…

This game is fun for me because having a rack of skis from the same producer reduces my anxiety slightly.

I’d go with Black Crows because as others have pointed out, they have variety and basically everything I’ve skied from them has been excellent.

For the one ski, it’s the Atris for me. One pair with pivots, one pair with freeraider 14s.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Yeah, I feel like I've wasted money on a lot of these brands at one time or another, but I've never been disappointed in a pair of K2s.

One ski forever: Today it would be the MB 108ti. Great in soft snow, handles the chop and crud well, damp enough, edges great on groomers and even ice. Does everything I want a 108 ski to do as a Big Sky DD.

Flame away. Just don't make me speak the truth about your favorite brands.
    Besides my belief that HALS Renegades are the greatest skis ever made and devestators are the best DD for west coast skiing. I like 4frnt for the same reason. They’ve never really made a bad ski. Sure other companies have made skis that are better in specific areas. But 4frnt has really never made a bad ski. They’ve all had an excellent mix of being able to charge and be fun.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

K2’s were shitty (super boring) for a number of years but they definitely righted the ship a few years ago with the mindbender series, etc.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I could ski the rest of my ski career on the OG 184CM Ranger 102FR mounted +3CM and with look pivots. The only time I would feel the ski lacking would be the super elusive mega pow days. Any less than 30CM of snow all the way to the dry days in between and I will have a blast all over the mountain.

With that said given that Fischer has lightened and softened the ski this year, I will gladly take anyone's advice on a potential replacement/similar ski for next season!

If I went by TGR Forum hype I'd probably have to stick with ON3P or Moment, but if I look at skis in my quiver that I have fun on no matter the conditions I think I'd stick with 4FRNT. Still need more time on Moment but they would be a close 2nd.

Boots and bindings would maybe be harder, but Salomon has always treated me relatively well in that department and their new tech binding helps seal the deal.

One brand for the rest of your life...

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Besides my belief that HALS Renegades are the greatest skis ever made and devestators are the best DD for west coast skiing. I like 4frnt for the same reason. They’ve never really made a bad ski. Sure other companies have made skis that are better in specific areas. But 4frnt has really never made a bad ski. They’ve all had an excellent mix of being able to charge and be fun.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    X2 but with EHP and Rens tied for greatest ever.

Owned or skied-

186 and 193 EHPs
    179 and 186 Codys (Gauchos)
    181 Switchblades - anyone looking to sell plz pm
    184 and 194 Devastators — wish they made a ~189
    186 and 196 HALS Renegades — wish they made a ~189
    187 YLEs
    187 Hojis
    Probably forgetting some

Got some 182 Inthaynes en route for a powder touring/50-50 ski
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 03-16-2022 at 04:44 PM.

One brand: For me, I want a full lineup from race skis to powder skis and some good ones in between. That means Volkl, Atomic, Nordica, Rossignol, Dynastar or Head. I could live with any of these. Even though I currently only have one pair from them, I’ll go with Volkl.

One ski for everything? Say it ain’t so….

Atomic addresses a lot of my needs except for a large glaring hole when it comes to snowboards. I like my Bentchetlers, HAWX XTDs, and Backlands are the best splitboard boots ever! I could fill in the rest of my needs with others in the AmerSports catalog if that counts. If boots and bindings are still free and we're just talking about wood/plastic sticks then I'd be happy with LibTech/Mervin. I like my Wundersticks, BRD and SplitBRD for all my sliding needs.

Do we have to ski the current line up if a ski manufacturer? Or can we stockpile specific skis we like to bridge the gap between duds? The red MX98 and this new ZX108 have me convinced Kastle would be my choice.

the zx skis are really great. The MX88 is amazing the MX98 is amazing, as is the FX series with metal. Kastle seems to continue to put out great skis.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Do we have to ski the current line up if a ski manufacturer? Or can we stockpile specific skis we like to bridge the gap between duds? The red MX98 and this new ZX108 have me convinced Kastle would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by utagonian View Post
    One brand: For me, I want a full lineup from race skis to powder skis and some good ones in between. That means Volkl, Atomic, Nordica, Rossignol, Dynastar or Head. I could live with any of these. Even though I currently only have one pair from them, I’ll go with Volkl.

One ski for everything? Say it ain’t so….
    If it's the Mantra 102 it's at least going to be damned hard to find a more capable ski at making any conditions enjoyable.

Peak skis: https://blisterreview.com/industry-n...ak-ski-company

But at the rate Bode’s projects turn over, you probably need to be planning on a short life!
    Last edited by J. Barron DeJong; 04-06-2022 at 05:37 PM.

I would miss a wider ski for low angle hippy pow if I went all in on Kastle. And I’d want skis from their 2016 line.

Everyone picking brands without race skis, what about when you want to zip up the suit and join the Masters?

Quote Originally Posted by Hood26 View Post
    Everyone picking brands without race skis, what about when you want to zip up the suit and join the Masters?
    Everyone? I see Kastle, Atomic and Volkl on this page alone.

K2.
    Frontside- disruption series
    All mtn/pow- mindbender series
    Touring- wayback or new dispatch series
    MB 99 is probably my all time favorite ski.