Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I buy close outs. So, Close Out brand.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    I have a feeling Moment isn't sweating the lack of those models.
    I don’t think they need to. Just pointing out a brand doesn’t need to offer everything to have a very good offering which satisfies many people.

I’m a big believer in companies focusing on what they do well.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I don’t think they need to. Just pointing out a brand doesn’t need to offer everything to have a very good offering which satisfies many people.

I’m a big believer in companies focusing on what they do well.
    I’m right with you. Brand dilution in the spirit of catering to everyone ultimately leads to speaking to (and exciting) no one. It drives me crazy, and it’s the number one reason so many brands have fallen out of my good graces lately.

Quote Originally Posted by nickinbc View Post
    Do two completely different companies using the same name count as 'one brand', or do you have to choose either the original Kastle or the new Kastle? Or maybe go for 9 years without new skis?
    Good one. Original for sure. I don't know about the new Kastles
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Comes down to Dynastar or Volkl for me. I think I’m going to say Volkl since the folks in Chamonix occasionally lose their minds and put out garbage every once in a while.
    Your basement full of Billygoats says you're full of shit.

If I had to pick, Dynastar. I can't pick ON3P just for the Billygoat, no matter how much I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Good one. Original for sure. I don't know about the new Kastles
    All your skis you listed are "new" Kastle.

Here's an "old" KastleClick image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201122_163339180.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	409376

How about a twist to the question…if you could only have one pair of skis what would it be…

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    How about a twist to the question…if you could only have one pair of skis what would it be…
    Well that's easy. OG Bodacious.

For brand, I'd go with Blizzard or ON3P. I need to get on a pair of tour layup ON3Ps to make an informed decision.

We already have an M-free 108 thread don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    We already have an M-free 108 thread don't we?
    Well played.

Jeff 108

K2, Rossignol, Volkl, Atomic, Blizzard, Salomon, Dynastar, Armada, Line, DPS, ON3P, 4Front, J Skis, Moment, Praxis and probably a bunch more I can't think of. They would all be great if I had to choose one brand. I haven't skied half the ones I listed but I'm sure they would be good enough, right? So many good skis out there these days with infinite amount of turning flavors. Only skis I ever hated were Voile and Black Diamonds.

Moment skis for me too. I still ski my 8ish year old PB&Js on days I want ski for any condition. I added a pair of Wildcat 108s this season too for powder and have been hugely impressed with them. I'll probably add a C98 next season round out the quiver. American made, durable and versatile skis......love 'em.

Gotta be Moment. I’d be happy with a quiver of entirely their skis. Not to say I don’t love other skis as well but I tend to click with anything I try from them

If I could only have one single ski though I might have to say Praxis MVP 108. Wildcat 108 could work too, basically any of these magic 108 waisted super skis that are in the playful charger realm. But the MVP is becoming an extension of my body this season
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

One ski to rule them all you say? 194cm Kastle MX98 if I could get unlimited pairs, that would be it. Hell, if I wasn’t babying my last two pairs they would just about exclusively be my only skis, but limited quantities and all that

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Moment Wildcat 108's for me... I have like 8-9 pairs of skis and just end up on those most of the time.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post

If I could only have one single ski though I might have to say Praxis MVP
    Yes

But the MVP is becoming an extension of my body this season

Now we’re at only one ski? If so, MFree108.

One brand for the rest of your life...

One brand: 4frnt or Praxis

Want to try more Moment skis. The Chipotle Banana is the first ski of theirs I’ve been on since the OG M1 and it’s a winner, love that ski.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 03-15-2022 at 08:17 AM.

If I had to commit to one ski brand, right now, for the rest of my life, I'd start pressing my own skis.

With that said ON3P currently makes every ski that I need. I could be plenty happy on Moment or Praxis too.

If only one ski model, Woodsman 110 although it'd be two pairs of skis because one would be standard layup and one would be tour layup.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Now we’re at only one ski? If so, MFree108.
    I would have thought so, but today I took out my Prior Husumes. I haven’t done anything but tour on them for a while. I’m not sure that I don’t like them better, but I might. I want to try an all glass 193

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

CMD 108. Not quite as damp as a Blizzard, but otherwise rad AF. Pop, edge hold, float, top end (none). And they slack country OK too. Or if I'm splitting hairs, a custom, slightly heavier 190 CMD 110. Weight for a hair more dampness to decrease my physio visits; couple extra mils underfoot to straighten em out a touch. But yah, stock? CMD 108.

Leaning Blizzard, though they were pretty irrelevant in US between late 90s until the Cochise/Brahma/Bushwhacker came out in what 2010-ish? Blizz b/c they do damp/stiff, but also pretty playful w Rustler series and of course race skis.

Volkl has probably been most consistent with Explosives onward in early 2ks for chargers now Kendo/Mantra/Katana and well rounded w front side cruisers. Their park and more playful skis seem to be pretty well regarded as well, along with the Blaze and Nanuq's before that for 50/50.

Dynastars fell off my radar after loving Big and Legends, with the Cham series seemingly rising in popularity with M-Frees and the like.

K2

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    K2

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Seriously?…