Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Bibs.....again

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    They are the premier repair shop here in Seattle. Lots of Mags use them.
    Thanks, that what I suspected.
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Thanks, that what I suspected.
    They also handle hard shell warranty repairs for brands like Mammut.

And stio too

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

Strafe nomad event is the best I’ve found. Breathability is top notch and balance of waterproof is really good. On sale for $250-300 and features are well thought out. Bi-directional zipper, good pockets and durable full circle cuffs.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I actually think norrona is among the best of any brand on sizing for intended use. They have a pretty wide range depending on how it's supposed to be used. Tamok and some of the newer Lofoten are rather big for freeride and ability to layer. I'd also guess their sizing is more true to size than many Americans want to admit. I think we've gotten so used to a lot of US vanity sizing.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Well a quick update. Went Flylow. Got them yesterday. The fit was way off for me. I ordered a large at 6', 190, reasonably fit (not carrying the pooch I had during covid). Tight in the hips, e-friggin-normous in the legs. Way too baggy for me. And I wasn't poppin' any woodies over the material so they're going back. I'm either headed the OR route (similar price bibs, hopefully better fit, probably of similar quality) or the Norrona route (twice as much, but better quality).

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    Well a quick update. Went Flylow. Got them yesterday. The fit was way off for me. I ordered a large at 6', 190, reasonably fit (not carrying the pooch I had during covid). Tight in the hips, e-friggin-normous in the legs. Way too baggy for me. And I wasn't poppin' any woodies over the material so they're going back. I'm either headed the OR route (similar price bibs, hopefully better fit, probably of similar quality) or the Norrona route (twice as much, but better quality).
    what flylow?

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    At 6’, 190 these could work for you if interested.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ghlight=Trewth
    Last edited by singlecross; 03-17-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    what flylow?
    Baker bibs.

Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

For reference... I'm 6'1 180-85 with big thighs and the OR Hemis in medium fit just good enough. A tad small, but don't restrict movement, and they're pretty damn light. I find so many bibs are so damn heavy - fine for the resorts (I still use my old old Trewths here), but heavy and often hot for touring.

Bumping this.......flylow can eat shit. I'm in search of new bibs after tearing a hole in my Mountain Hardware Boundry Ridge bibs. I'm a small guy.....225 6'2 so looking for something that's pretty durable. Anyone tried Mammut? The Haldigrat looks pretty sweet.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/m...e-bibs-277564s

half off thru tomorrow and they are red

Has anyone tried Beringia?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Bumping this.......flylow can eat shit. I'm in search of new bibs after tearing a hole in my Mountain Hardware Boundry Ridge bibs. I'm a small guy.....225 6'2 so looking for something that's pretty durable. Anyone tried Mammut? The Haldigrat looks pretty sweet.
    on my fourth pair of Baker bibs which usually last about 1.5 seasons of abusive seasons a piece. What am I missing here...
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Update: Jacket and bibs are in the wash with Nikwash.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Next time buy Atsko sport wash. Better and a shit load cheaper.
    Nikwax makes a Softshell Proof (rejuvinator, my own word for it) wash in product and it works great. Have never seen much less tried an alternative made specifically for softshells.

I have a pair of very old Cloudveil softshell bibs starting to slowly break down -- gaiters tearing, some velcro strips on third or fourth replacement, stretchy parts in suspender straps losing stretch, several cuts in the reinforced inner ankle area. I'm trying to keep them going for a few more years. Not for everyday usage, best for bright days with low wind.

I also have an older pair of Cloudveil insulated softshell pants, they are aging much better than the bibs, also use the Nikwax softshell proof on them with great results.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Hasn’t Micol taught us not to wash? Everyone has a different way of doing this stuff, I wish the actual fabric manufacturers would just say
    Yes, he has.

Arcteryx has a few videos out there (wash with powder detergent then dry on low) from several years ago, safe to presume still their current recons. I wish more manufacturers would commit their recons to video.

Back to micol and freeride, even with their do not ever wash specs I've found spot cleaning where dirt accumulates, edges of cuffs, etc., can be addressed with a sink full of warm water and very light concentration of laundry detergent, apply to a small area, one or two sq. ins., no harsh brushing or rubbing, let air dry and majority of dirt goes away. The longer you let the dirt grind in the less likely it is to come off with this method.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    ... I'm a small guy.....225 lbs, 6'2 so looking for something that's pretty...
    On what giraffe planet is 6'2" considered small?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    On what giraffe planet is 6'2" considered small?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's the joke buddy

Strafe event is great. They are having a sale on the nomad bib. Great features

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Has anyone tried Beringia?
    I dig it, but haven't tried it. Not sure I've ever seen it in person. St Elias kit looks sweet though!

Mountain Steals has OR Carbide bibs for $146 (and cashback on activejunky)
    Just ordered a pair. Handled a women's pair at a local store (all they had) and thought they might work for me.

If the ORs don't work out, I like the look of the salomon QST 3L, but I'll have to wait as nobody has sizes/colors I like.

Haven't been able to make flylow work. Large bakers were too small on me (6'2/195)...too tight in the belly and not enough room to move legs. I may have a small amount of gut, but honestly I often fit mediums on items where length isn't a concern.
    Thought the bakers might be a bit much for what I wanted anyways so I gave the Tannens a try in XL--not quite as tall of a bib, more of a high-waisted suspender pant. Nope, on these, XL is too big. And the beacon pocket is stupid--beacon ends up sitting almost on my knee.

That said, if Flylow works for you, Backcountry has pretty good prices on their stuff right now plus 12% cashback on activejunky.

I’ve been trying to find the perfect everyday resort/sidecountry bib pants, and with the new Arc’teryx Rush Bibs, I might have found them.

I’m long and lean (6’1”, 175lbs, typically 32” waist, 33” inseam), and am pretty fussy when it comes to fit. When I bend into the skiing position, I don’t want to be fighting against the fabric, and won’t accept when the cuff to pulls up, or the waist pulls down. Seems pretty simple, but not easy to find.
    I was moderately happy with my Patagonia Snowdrifter bibs, which had a few weird design features, but fit well, until the laminate disintegrated through the entire crotch area within a couple of seasons. Love the Patagucci warranty.
    Replaced them with a pair of Patagonia Untracked pants (all that was available at the time) and used them for half a season, but got plumbers butt with every bend. Am about to send em back.
    I tried on a variety of Patagonia, OR, and Norrona pants, but with no satisfaction. Had pretty much decided on the Arc’teryx Ski Guide Bibs, and was just waiting for Medium Tall to be stocked, but then bought the new Rush Bibs as soon as they became available, hoping for the best. Free shipping and returns made it a no risk proposition.
    The Rush Bibs fit perfectly (might be tight on someone less svelte), allow effortless movement, even the length (despite being listed as only 32”) is ideal. I love the softshell bib, the front zip (a feature perversely missing from my Snowdrifters), the extra burly cuff protection (same as on the pro bibs), and it’s hard to imagine going wrong with the 70D Gore Pro Most Rugged fabric.
    I’d much prefer to support Patagonia, for all the cliched ethical reasons, but there’s just no denying that Arcteryx, despite their Chinese (Anta) and pro Russian ownership, know how to make perfectly dialed products.

You might be an ideal candidate for Trew Capow bibs.

My Trewth bibs wore out in the crotch again. Returned the last pair and they sent me new ones. Not sure I want to return them again. Might just go to another brand. Sucks, because I liked most everything about the Trewth bibs, but for some reason the crotch seams just can't handle me. haha