Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by half-fast View Post
    Cortland, NY. 2300 or so vert within 20 minutes.
    Why didn't I thi k of that fuck song mtn lab or Greek all within spitting distance talk about cheap and shit there's a college there what's better than jersy college girls did I mentione blown out upstate but cheap?

Cortland is pretty crappy. Ithica ain't that far to Greek.

I got speeding tickets in both of those towns. FUCK THEM.......

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Argentina. Chile if you can't deal with the A-factor. Either way aprende hablar espanol gringo!

Bellingham WA? Close to Mt Baker and semi close to Whistler.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Helpful

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Cheap?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I guess you haven't looked at real estate prices in Bellingham lately. Median sold price over $600k now. Also still over an hour to Baker on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    What kind of beer is the burning question
    it was an early local craft brew that would give a hangover if you drank a couple but it was Tom Vu meets Jeff Lebowski eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

No longer cheap at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Cortland is pretty crappy. Ithica ain't that far to Greek.
    Why not Springville and be 20 min to the Valley?

Titus Mountain is fun, has night skiing, and houses can be had in the 100k range.

I know this place that has a sweet hockey rink, good enough skiing (plenty of bumps), lots of North County hot dish culture, good bus driving jobs with benefits and so on. I'm a bit outta touch so I took a look at real estate prices last night.

Nope, no longer affordable in any sense of the word. A studio condo is a 50 year old shit box building behind Safeway in Fraser $250K. I single family home in Granby Ranch is $1.5million. This is nuts.

Go live at the beach. Take winters off and go to France.

Honestly I think most of the answers to this question are probably in Canuckistan at this point. I was pretty shocked by how much Bozeman had changed when I was there a few months ago with just a ton of development as well. Obviously it was never a secret but it was indicative of the general trend of mountain towns absolutely blowing up in recent years. Probably still some spots in ID, I guess.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    They're opening a mine in Salmon? Shit. Hope it does some good.
    https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...257678943.html

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

BTW - Elko Nevada is not the answer. I actually like that place, but no. If you were fine with touring and no lifts, about an hour southwest of there is actually a good middle of nowhere option with some much larger mountains and higher elevation than most people realize.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Anaconda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    I don't even know how affordable that is anymore. Looking at the listings online and even the tiny shitboxes are selling for way more than they should. There's a sucker born every minute I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

Go live at the beach. Take winters off and go to France.
    If you think houses in ski towns are expensive, look at beach houses. Only a small % of people like winter and snow, a lot more people dream about living on the beach.

Here is my intelligent two sents, since I just ate peyote in the desert yesterday and wandering around for twenty miles I think I found something, today should be even better. You should know IAS, you've been here, you've done the ski town thing before, no one is going to hand you the key to the city, you need to show up struggle for two years, get your feet planted on the ground and the rest will be easy after that. If you fight it, hate it, and refuse to play the game then you'll be right back where you started.

Recreation, outdoor activities, mountain living, ski towns, and the general quality of life-of-leisure has been turned into a pay the highest price of entry commodity. It's a no longer show up and bro down life style. It sucks for most people because of the cost of entry. It can be done still but the ease and cheap living ended in 2000.

We now live in a society where everything should be easy, a click of a button on your phone and you will have everything you need and want. Everyone thinks there should be no effort needed to accomplish anything. Ski towns eat people up monthly, even if you have a million bucks to buy your way in, no one is going to give a shit about you until you prove yourself to be a good human.

The town of Breckenridge is always hiring bus drivers they have housing, start working on it now and you'll be there soon enough. I know someone who drove a bus for the town for many years and enjoyed the job, the pay, and the benefits. Rolling into work at 1 or 3 in the afternoon and working the night shift? Sounds about right. I'm sure the same opportunity is available in Jackson?

No one is going to take your hand and hold it. You can make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    NOT REALLY.

I’ll probably just delete the thread. Sometimes I forget everybody on here is rich.

It’s fine. I’ll figure it out.
    Everyone is someone different and no one is really the same. Saying everyone posting on tgr is rich isn't fair. Life is choices at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I don’t care if it’s toxic. I’m old and childless and intermittently suicidal.
    Please seek out help to deal with your issues. Alcohol and drugs are not dealing with "it." Everyone has shit to deal with on various levels of the my life sucks scale. Everyone can change something, it takes tiny little steps and time, but it can be done.

I now have to work to pay for my "lifestyle" this morning. Bummer.

Solid post, fred

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    If you think houses in ski towns are expensive, look at beach houses. Only a small % of people like winter and snow, a lot more people dream about living on the beach.

I think the difference is that the down valley equivalent is still very real near the beach. In costal central florida where my folk live, there are plenty of places where you can ride your bike to the beach, the river, etc. for about $250K,

Now you can come up with all kinds of reasons why you don't want to live there like shitty schools or rednecks or hurricanes or whatnot but that wasn't the question at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I don't even know how affordable that is anymore. Looking at the listings online and even the tiny shitboxes are selling for way more than they should. There's a sucker born every minute I guess.
    There appears to be a brewery there so it makes sense.

Freds got it,
    "Everyone here is rich". You sound like bunny. Fuck off. That's the kind of shit that keeps you from not finding the answer to your question.

I mean if I were a younger person with work flexibility that liked skiing, I'd be much more inclined to buy a house like this https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...2_M59405-48465 and by and IKON pass and an RV than fight the fight in a mountain town, buy something like this https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...2_M97447-92756 and watch whatever I thought the mountain town dream was get sold down the river .

The other day I heard a guy in the Big Sky tram line telling his friend he was buying in Helena because he couldn't afford Bozeman anymore. I thought oh fuck...not exactly news but we have definitely got the spillover effect going on, along with all the redneck Texans moving here because no vax mandates, etc. I'm pretty sure some of these people will move away when this covid stuff fades but who knows. Hardly a day goes by when I don't see a Texas plate.