Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I think the reality for many people now will be to live somewhere in the SW with decent singletrack nearby and some sort of RV setup and a mega pass or a pass to one hill that allows camping.

I ski less and less every year as I work more and more. If I get 3 good days in a season I'm pretty happy and good singletrack is just as fun in my opinion.
    My days have dropped a lot over the last decade. I don’t live in a ski town so they weren’t all that high to begin with, but I’ve had a Discovery season pass most winters since 2007. I used to be there every weekend. Lots of day trips but I’d also stay over with friends at Georgetown and ski both days, or take off for a big dump. And there would usually be a couple random Targhee, Lost Trail or Big Sky weekends in there too.

Life circumstances changed and we see less snow. As much as I love skiing, I’m doing more Nordic (though also less than I’d like) and a lot more fatbiking.

But yeah, I too would much rather drive to ski than to ride. I ride 3-7 days a week when the trails are dry. And when Great Divide opens a bike park, I’ll buy my first season pass there. Summer operations are the future for that place.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    And when Great Divide opens a bike park, I’ll buy my first season pass there.
    Any idea when that might happen? All I hear are rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Any idea when that might happen? All I hear are rumors.
    I’ve seen the conceptual map that Trail Solutions drew up for them. They’ll be building trails this summer using in-house labor. Not sure when they’ll be ready to open. Hopefully 2023 but So far I’ve only heard talk about the trails, not any other infrastructure: uplift, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineZone View Post
    Hi ill-advised strategy! May I suggest that you "think outside the box" and instead come bring your "A-Game" to the mountains of the northeast, home of the gnarliest snowriding in the USA? I would proffer that all things considered, the New England area is the clear choice. There is a plethora of cheap but character-laden housing options available as well. Killington has a vertical drop of 3050 feet, and is more steep and challenging and many times the size of most western resorts in skiable acreage as well. The average Killington regular would put to shame a peer from the west, trust me. When you score your first powder day in any of the multitude of Killington glades like "Anarchy", "The Throne", "Chop Chop" or "Patsy", you will be grinning from ear to ear, I promise you! Also, the conditions are actually more dependable and consistent here due to the superior snowmaking, the terrain is truly fabulous, the partying is unmatched anywhere(can you say "hot New Jersey Italian babes?") and the setting is Norman Rockwell-esque! Pursuing the plethora of hot NYC/NJ and Boston "chicas" in their stretch pants can be even better than the great skiing, but I must warn you they are quite feisty and outspoken, unlike the laid-back and masculine western gals. To the rest of the maggots and everyone else reading, if you are weary of the juvenile dickwaving by gapers like "Benny Profane" and are looking for a bonafide state-of-the-art snowriding forum, I would like to open wide our cyber-gate to you to so you can "start fresh" at our friendly forums. I can assure you that "newbies"'(jongs) are welcomed with open arms by our entire community(unlike here at TGR), and there is no "hazing period" or rudeness tolerated. We also have superior bandwidth and response times on our 5G superfibre network as well as a state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 50000 terabytes of virtual disk space for your photos, blogs etc. If you are weary of all the foolishness and yearn for some intellectually stimulating mountain sport discourse, then come join our fun-loving but responsible bunch of snowriding aficionados who know the benefits of what good moderation brings to an on-line community. I think most all of you will find that our seasoned moderators "keep the bar high" by maintaining a sense of order and decorum, while encouraging quality discussion about our favorite pastime. It may take a small amount of getting used to, as we do have reasonable standards as far as language and image posting that are strictly enforced. I will warn you however up front that registering an ALIAS is strictly "VERBOTEN", and something we have zero-tolerance with. The registration is easy and painless, and the rules will be explained in detail during the process. If you are tired of the juvenile goings-on at TGR and Newschoolers, all I can say is: "Come join the fun"!
    Shut up

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Really? I find those posts funny as fuck. But different strokes...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Mammoth?
    Sadly, has not been cheap for many years
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

well how is the narth east is a good question, say a small local hill in the Usa or Canada ?

a ski bud a long time ski coach recently sold out & moved to somewhere in Quebec I have never heard of

sure it aint whistler but that is the point
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    well how is the narth east is a good question, say a small local hill in the Usa or Canada ?

sure it aint whistler but that is the point
    I know it’s been mentioned a few times here but I think Vermont is probably a great option. There’s a lot of small towns, and many good ski areas within easy driving distance. The mountains aren’t huge, but if you’re looking to get a lot of days in there are definitely good spots to do just that.

Some seasons we’ve gotten hammered with snow up here (490”), some years have been pretty bunk (180”). but that seems like its par for the course everywhere, gotta take the ups with the downs. There’s also some phenomenal mountain biking in the summer too.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Oroville Wa.

90min from Apex for lift access. 2hrs to the N.Cascades hairpin for touring (best in lower 48?). Lots of sled-ski options close. Big rural 10+acres view lots around 50K. Half acre lots on the river for 100K.

Find a friend and split a big 100acre parcel, retire today.

Someone mentioned before but Gorham, NH. Wildcat is about 11 minutes? Sunday River is what 35? Cannon on the other side is 45. Backcountry till June on Mt. Washington. Fly fish, mountain bike rest of the year. I think that is still Live Free or Die country up there. Massholes have ruined southern NH IMO.

No income or sales tax in NH. Property tax is a mo-fo though. Plus you will be on the leading edge when the Balsams opens again, ha!

Quote Originally Posted by AmmergauerTele View Post
    I think that is still Live Free or Die country up there. Massholes have ruined southern NH IMO.
    Quoted for truth.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Quoted for truth.
    Well unless your definition of living free includes growing some of the devils lettuce in your pursuit of happiness.

The part about massholes ruining southern NH is probably true, they ruin everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Boosh View Post
    I know it’s been mentioned a few times here but I think Vermont is probably a great option. There’s a lot of small towns, and many good ski areas within easy driving distance. The mountains aren’t huge, but if you’re looking to get a lot of days in there are definitely good spots to do just that.

Some seasons we’ve gotten hammered with snow up here (490”), some years have been pretty bunk (180”). but that seems like its par for the course everywhere, gotta take the ups with the downs. There’s also some phenomenal mountain biking in the summer too.
    I just posted in the Vail goes to 20 minimum wage thread that this would be a good time for Vermont. Suddenly, livable wage in an affordable place. They are hurting for good people there. But living is still fairly cheap in many places.

Quote Originally Posted by LHutz Esq View Post
    Is Anchorage a "ski town"?

Prices look reasonablish.
    Unfortunately anchorage is not a ski town. It is expensive and dark and lonely
    the best skier is the one having the most fun------DC

Vermont is beautiful. No doubt. But it pours rain at elevation, every fucking winter, multiple times a winter. Fuck.

That said, I'm planning on devoting an entire season to mrg at some point.

Very neurotic post.

Says the retard who has 50 thousand posts, posts in every thread constantly commenting on useless shit and has repeatedly won the award for least liked tourist here..

Dude, really. MRG? A whole season? You opened up yourself on that one.

Yeah, ski it if you can.

It's raining right now, btw.

Mad River is the most legit ski hill in the east.

Watch "spirit of a classic" sometime.

Real.

Dude, it rains there half the time.

From what the natural stuff looked like at Killington today, that entire mountain is probably mud and rocks right now, with a few hardy large ice bumps scattered about.

Wait. Have you ever skied there? Do you live in the NE?

Looks like it's snowing at MRG
    Wunderground stations are the best for knowing what's actually happening

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Well unless your definition of living free includes growing some of the devils lettuce in your pursuit of happiness.

The part about massholes ruining southern NH is probably true, they ruin everything.
    https://youtu.be/6TnT1WYcr8o

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dude, it rains there half the time.

From what the natural stuff looked like at Killington today, that entire mountain is probably mud and rocks right now, with a few hardy large ice bumps scattered about.

Wait. Have you ever skied there? Do you live in the NE?
    Bruh, I have a double page pow blast published in the ski journal at mrg, I've skied there for decades.

I grew up skiing the adk. Skied everything from bash bish to Greenland. Northeast represent.