Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Word is jack had a flat up high on the queen stage. Lost a lot of time. Id imagine the 3 minute penalty is being late on the next liason, not sure
    Coverage is definitely lacking. I dont think they have many from the organization on the ground. Im just guessing people have dropped out after you dont see their name. A lot of the time there is never a mention

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Wild one. Lost some points for sure. Jack out of contention, menzies dropped out, krazny had issues= zero points on those 3. Verner might have got me a couple pts, maybe. Bex and ella saved the day and that was in doubt. The loaf inflicted a lot of damage to all.
    Whos this Colton Petersen kid? 23 yrs old and onlh riding for 3 years and he was right there all day

Yeah, similar for me. Bex and ella came through. Had Richie and Cole Lucas for a few points on the men's side. Shoulda hung on to Jesse. Oh well.

I don't even bother trying to watch ews the weekend of anymore. I'll watch a quick highlight reel on Tuesday or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yeah, similar for me. Bex and ella came through. Had Richie and Cole Lucas for a few points on the men's side. Shoulda hung on to Jesse. Oh well.

I don't even bother trying to watch ews the weekend of anymore. I'll watch a quick highlight reel on Tuesday or whatever.
    Cole shouldve been a good pick too. He's been consistent at the sharp end. Some good stories though. Sam back in the mix. Party boy too. Rae morrison is always smiling and enjoying herself. Nice to see her move up. Sugarloaf may be a spot to watch develop. Not sure id want to race it but id like to ride it

This is why EWS will continue to do nothing for me. There’s almost no satisfaction watching a replay that shows a couple dozen randos riding the same 20 feet of each stage with lukewarm narration. It’s like going back to pre Freecaster for WC racing. Maybe Discovery will figure something out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    This is why EWS will continue to do nothing for me. There’s almost no satisfaction watching a replay that shows a couple dozen randos riding the same 20 feet of each stage with lukewarm narration. It’s like going back to pre Freecaster for WC racing. Maybe Discovery will figure something out.

Possibly with some drone footage of several stages or top to bottom camera coverage of the Pro stage or Queen stage each race?

Coverage is 10% better this year... less randos.

I had Richie and took Isabella off thinking she'd still be recovering from the foot thing.
    Oh well.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

It doesn't make for good viewing unless they cover stages like a DH race. The logistics would be a nightmare.

Showing riders scrambling to fix bikes to make a cutoff would make for great TV. A split screen of a racer crushing it while the other was frantically trying to make their bike work is the type of drama that people eat up.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

I think the coverage is about as good as it's gonna get. It isn't feasible to put together a worthwhile live broadcast for all kinds of reasons that are inherent to the racing format. And a recap video can't really be longer than 20 minutes or so - it's just not that interesting to watch something when you already know the end result. 20 minutes really isn't that long to cover men's + women's classes over 6 stages, so we're left with a bunch of little snippets.

And that's fine - it's ok if a race happens that's not 100% made for TV.

Anyone have a good VPN tutorial for this weekend?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Anyone have a good VPN tutorial for this weekend?
    I'm on a new computer so I will have to set myself up again, but in the past Opera browser has a built in VPN which allows you to easily pick different countries to connect to the internet from. I think that's how I did it in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I'm on a new computer so I will have to set myself up again, but in the past Opera browser has a built in VPN which allows you to easily pick different countries to connect to the internet from. I think that's how I did it in the past.
    Thanks! I'll try Opera.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Possibly with some drone footage of several stages or top to bottom camera coverage of the Pro stage or Queen stage each race?
    I realize a live EWS is impractical. That said, I watch every WC race after the race. It’s exciting enough to watch that I shut out social media until the race. Usually it’s later that evening, but occasionally 24-48 hrs later. If viewing is compelling enough, people don’t look at results.
    My best idea for EWS is to flip the Pro Stage to day two. Multi stage day one, scramble overnight to make a 30-60min show with emphasis on filming the final stage of day one, and the liaison drama noted above.
    Then on day two, we watch a combination of the day 1 replay right into one well filmed,live broadcast, final stage with make it or break it points to end the race. Only film the top 15 guys. Or the top 5.

No fantasy this week.....but dear lord that opening wreck.

No fantasy? Since when?

And yeah, that crash is brutal. Know who it is? Looks to be a commencal, but it doesn't appear to be Miriam, Monika, Mille, or any of the other female commencal riders I can think of.

Swiss ride but not Camille, her shoulder is barely back in business, would have been even more of a bummer.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

No fantasy? Since when?

And yeah, that crash is brutal. Know who it is? Looks to be a commencal, but it doesn't appear to be Miriam, Monika, Mille, or any of the other female commencal riders I can think of.
    I guess I'm a dummie. Didn't think that worlds was part of the league for some reason.

Yikes. How did that even happen? Rim was already cracked and picked that moment to fail? The "Crack!" is a horrifying sound.

Laurie only broke the gate to be able to run on Saturday... he got really sick. I put him back on my team after seeing how incredibly stoked he was on the track... my jinx in DH reigns supreme.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com

Do we get fantasy points for Champs?

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Do we get fantasy points for Champs?

Only if you pick a good team.

Damn thats what im doing wrong. Wished youd have told me at the start of the season

Only if you pick a good team.
    Name:  Image1661486553.660297.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  126.1 KB

totally missed that qualifying was today and didn't reset the team in time... oh well.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Unbelievable lap. I would really like to see that magic split in comparison to a mere mortal split