Antigua/Barbuda beta

I posted this in the PR and it was suggested that I post it here as well to get a fisherperson's perspective.

Headed to the Lessor Antilles in a few weeks to meet some friends. The destination was their call, this trip. I know nothing about this island

We're staying in Dickinson Bay and will be doing some day sailing on a friend of a friends sail boat, but that's the only activity planned so far. The owner of the boat is well versed in the local cruising spots of interest.

Any other activities recommended from the collective? Golf and tennis excluded, thanks.

I'm sure we'll do an offshore/inshore fishing trip at least one day. I'm more partial to finding the local guy with a ponga and fishing (spin cast) nearshore reefs. Way more fun to me than trolling on the high seas.

Is it worth bringing say a spinning rod with 10-12lb test for some lazy evening surf casting?

Food and other touristy sightseeing recc's appreciated also

Had a nice day wade fly fishing for baby tarpon and permit if that is your thing, there is a guide named Nick, let me know and I'll dig up his info

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Had a nice day wade fly fishing for baby tarpon and permit if that is your thing, there is a guide named Nick, let me know and I'll dig up his info

A friend coming on the trip is talking about hiring a guide for just that situation. Recco's please

Quote Originally Posted by bluespark View Post
    A friend coming on the trip is talking about hiring a guide for just that situation. Recco's please
    Pm incoming

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.