Thread: Movement Go

Movement Go

A quick search didn't turn up anything. Who has skied the Movement Go? Either in 98 or 106? I'm narrowing in on the Kastle Mx98 or bonafide 97 for a daily driver next season in Jackson. But still love my old pair of Movement Sluffs which look similar to the Go's. Any beta appreciated

Edited: shape looks good. How rockered are they? Full on tip rocker or just early rise like older movements? Too light for chunder charging?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Bump for the euro crowd

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I think there was a review on Blister but it was a members only review. I happened to look recently because next years Alp Tracks 106 has the sam shape as the GO 106.

I've looked into videos and descriptions of the GO line. Apparently, in one of the videos Aurelien Ducroz says, that the wider the ski, the harder you can ski it. So 90 and 98 seem to be very friendly and also light. Check out Movement site for the weights.

There is a review on the 106 on Blister. 106 is the safer bet.

I was looking into 109 for backcountry but didn't pull the trigger (yet).

Movement Go

Mx98. It’s the Jackson daily driver. I counted 12 pairs in one box on a low snow day before.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by skibrd; 03-09-2022 at 04:11 PM.

Duly noted. Yeah I like the new mx98 version in 187, will be eyeing up the spring sales to hopefully upgrade. I did pick up those movement go 106's and have been fondling them tonight. Thinking the wider soft snow driver is nice when it's snappy, wood and kinda light but still precise. Hoping that's what these are. Shovels feel soft enough but pretty stiff otherwise. Hopefully they are not too punishing in the chunder as I find the old Goliaths to be. Thinking I'll mount them -1cm because dang there is a lot of tip nonsense taper/rocker. Funny, compared to my old Sluffs where the line is -13, these are a shade less than -10 and seem a bit progressive

Mounted the Go's -2cm and could have maybe gone one more. With a great deal on shifts from Ptex1 they weigh in at 6lb 4oz al each. A full half pound less than my old 184 Sluffs + f12s, and wider too boot. Ihave two days on them now. They are damp for a light ski. Feel good, like other movements in feeling it a little difficult to find sweet spot carving. But they are pretty precise and stable and not hooky at all. After chasing Skibrd and co through miles of manky crud I'm pretty confident saying they are not an all conditions charger. Maybe a Ranger would be better for that in this weight class. Less snappy than I thought but way damper. Still thinking on them

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Mounted the Go's -2cm and could have maybe gone one more. With a great deal on shifts from Ptex1 they weigh in at 6lb 4oz al each. A full half pound less than my old 184 Sluffs + f12s, and wider too boot. Ihave two days on them now. They are damp for a light ski. Feel good, like other movements in feeling it a little difficult to find sweet spot carving. But they are pretty precise and stable and not hooky at all. After chasing Skibrd and co through miles of manky crud I'm pretty confident saying they are not an all conditions charger. Maybe a Ranger would be better for that in this weight class. Less snappy than I thought but way damper. Still thinking on them

You kept up just fine! You killed it.

Weight is my friend in those conditions, I prefer to blast through that type of snow. WSTdeep things otherwise, but he finesses his way over and around the wet cruddy crap. It all comes down to your style.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Those Movement Go's are quite awesome in the spring bumps

How did you like to Gos in powder? Do they have much rocker?

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    How did you like to Gos in powder? Do they have much rocker?
    They have a bunch of tip and tail rocker and a relatively short effective edge. Less than I'd probably like. But probably great for pow. Also in variable mank it makes the turn initiation easy. They are relatively stiff for their light weight. I got to ski them in some creamy pow the other day, very sweet and easy to turn without being hooky (radius is like 23m). I'm guessing they are really good but not super playful in blower pow, hope to experience that next year!

Overall I'm liking the skis quite a bit for softish snow and they freaking rock in spring moguls

Have been on them quite a bit this year. They are turny but in a fun not annoying way. So light but still somehow damp and playful at same time. I usually like more traditional shapes but for touring in variable snow or for chewing my kids around good knows what in starting to enjoy the big tip rocker. Don't think the taper is beneficial though?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk