A Surfier Corvus Freedbird?

I've been skiing my corvus freebird a decent amount with this high pressure in variable conditions. It comes alive when skiing steeper terrain, does great in variable for a touring ski and handles the icy skin tracks well. However, sometimes I wish it was a little looser.

So, does a looser corvus freebird exist? That won't give up too much of the edge hold on the skin tracks and speed limit on the decent? I was looking at the wc108 tour (I have the inbounds 108, but it's not a particularly damp ski) the wndr 110 cambered version, or the woodsman 110 tour.

I use a Corvus FB for the same stuff, steep and more variable snow, and hard pack. I have a ferox that I ski in better snow and it’s very surfy. Just doesn’t like hard snow at all. It can handle chop.

Nice, yea I very well could end up just keeping the corvus and save my bents for new snow corvus for steeper terrain. However, it is pretty heavy so thinking about pulling the radical 2.0s off and throwing on voyagers

That sounds like a good combo. I like my Corvus for tight and steep. It floats… ok… but not great, overall though it definitely works for the right terrain.

Would that be a Woodsman?
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Would that be a Woodsman?

never heard of her.

on3P woodsman / woodsman tour

BMT 109? or another reverse camber touring ski w/ similar waist. Raven, etc. I'm probably off, but when I hear looser first thing that comes to my mind is a reverse camber ski.
    Or play w/ your tuning, or ski technique. I spend a lot of time touring on the Navis freebirds...Still got a soft spot for reverse camber skis though.

edit: don't forget to be realistic when you're touring in high-pressure variable conditions. Not every turn is gonna be the best, regardless of ski. Some days it's just about going for a walk.

Take a stone to the last 6-12in of the tails and remove any edge?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by thurmondmb View Post
    on3P woodsman / woodsman tour
    Can’t compare to the Corvus fb, but I’m loving the 110 woodsman tours. Super versatile touring ski. Great in powder and can hold an edge on firm entrances. Light too. Skins like a 110 waisted ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums