Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    Mr. Landia sent me his calculations for swinging dick to boat ratio and I think bringing your own vessel might be a good idea.

For everyone, not that I'm the official TL here, but this group is going to be larger than usual and there is no comprehensive meal plan. I'm sure there will be plenty of sharing, but don't plan on being fed all of your meals, especially lunches.

Also, since there will be so many boats around, I have a pair of Cataract Streamlite shafts for 10 ft oars that I'd like to let go for cheap. May or may not have blades, gotta check the shed.
    as the cheif safety officer
    there is no comprehensive safety plan
    dont expect to be perma baked by others
    bring plenty to share
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I'll be on the green on 4.20... but in labyrinth canyon, well downstream of trout. Anyone know whether it's worth bringing fishing gear for catfish/other warm water species?
    a witty saying proves nothing
    voltaire

4/20 On the Green

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    expect to be perma baked
    yes please
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

About 2 weeks out and US 191 past Minnie's gap is still closed most of the time.

Any one else concerned about access?

Brown's Hole was always a dry safe spot along the outlaw trail but this year looks to be a bit different than the norm.
    Tons of snow from Park chitty to Steamboat puts Boblandia right in the crosshairs...

It's looking like we should see a warm up next week with temps in the 50's, the long range forecast shows those temps persisting through 4/20 week/weekend. My only fear is Red Creek flowing, if the water is chocolate milk on the C we may have to do A or B laps.

One of my Taylor Flats neighbors has a weather station on his property, he has a webcam looking out at his property. They got another slug of snow last night but it had dried out before this latest snow.

https://ambientweather.net/dashboard...8d013b044af8e8

Holy shit, that's cool.

Mighty hepful.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Everyone is encouraged to bring bananas, limes, and tequila to show good will to the neighbors.

4/20 On the Green

Admin question:

How do I take a shit at Boblandia ?

I know, it’s gross. But with 25 people or so we should have some guidelines.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

There is a two hole nicely maintained shitter down at the bridge. It usually is equipped with toilet paper but I carry some with me just in case. The bridge is about a two minute drive from my property.

It’s also where we’ll likely launch in the mornings if Red Creek isn’t flowing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	834F0218-E8A2-4C5C-B6B6-FCB0BCA95646.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	810.2 KB 
ID:	454452

Can’t miss the crapper, it’s right next to the pay phone!

Taking the camper in next week to get de-winterized.

Haven't touched a rod since fall. Hopefully there will be folks willing to help bait the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post

Haven't touched a rod since fall. Hopefully there will be folks willing to help bait the hook.
    We’ll have plenty of garlic salmon eggs, marshmallows, and sliding 1/4-oz sinkers to share.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Slut

Got ahold of my neighbor in Taylor Flats, as of a week ago Red Creek was flowing and the C was blown out.

Name:	B53F32C6-8556-4FA8-9AF0-74DEAD1CB27F.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	709.9 KB 
ID:	454720

Also a week ago the roads were pretty sloppy out there, this pic was taken in front of the Allen ranch on the main road.

Name:	07D48FAC-DF92-44DB-97EE-3B8DFA6F15CD.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	664.4 KB 
ID:	454721

My neighbor is headed back out there in a couple days and is going to let me know how it looks. Starting tomorrow it looks like we have a warming trend with temps in the 60’s and sunshine.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...1#.ZC9fFC9MG-o

I’m heading out there next Friday, I’m expecting the warmer temps to dry it out and make the roads passable for passenger cars. If the C is still blown out we can do laps on the A or B, probably better fishing but a bit more crowded and longer shuttles.

Hopefully there will be folks willing to help bait the hook.
    I’ve been getting some lures ready, hopefully Lumpy will bring the anchovy wraps.

Name:	150B2E41-AEA2-4EEB-87B6-11AF15319C09.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	454722

Well shit. Keep us posted but I'm not dragging my camper through that.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Also a week ago the roads were pretty sloppy out there, this pic was taken in front of the Allen ranch on the main road.

No way will my Chevy Cruze make it down that road.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A couple weeks of sun will dry that place out pretty good, assuming there is ever a couple weeks of sun….

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

That dudes pretty brave to stop in that mud hole to get out and take a photo. Especially with the highway tires he has on there. Or maybe he’s already stuck and waiting for someone?

I can envision a lot of stoned mags. stuck in the mud. It's all good. Break out the yellow sunshine and purple microdot.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Maybe I'll just find me a good, paved campground upriver where all the chicks are hangin'.

as much as i like hangin and partying in boblandia and it may dry up i dont see redcreek clearing with a warm up
    It sure seems like movin upstream a couple hours and returning to fontenelle is gonna make fishing logistics way easier with more than twice the fishable river miles way less guide boats better flows way easier self shuttles, and the ability to walk 100 yards from camp to the river and fish with the possibility of getting them
    or a group site in dutch john proper if were just gonna float A's
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Wyoming requires all watercraft (including inflatables) to have the $15 AIS sticker displayed. You can buy them online or I’d assume at any of the check stations.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/

ive always paid for mine and gotten my license and proof of purchase at the gas station in kemmer and they mail the sticker
    the checkpoint peeps at the border on 80 dont sell em maybe the one at the fs ranger station might
    as much as like floating B's and rowing redcreek 2 hour self shuttles or a buck fifty to fish 4 miles and push out choclate milk at 900 cfs is a bit much

Let me suggest you watch this video (the guy is a dork) and order the air compressor attachment from Amazon. Winterizing/unwinterizing is so easy and free this way. I switched to this method a few years ago and am never going back.