Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
    If I’m still alive in 4 years I think I’ll move to either LaBarge or Brown’s Park and be a shuttle driver till I expire.
    Ha! I spent several weeks in LaBarge one summer in my youth building fence (a mile a day). LaBarge would be the last place on earth I’d want to live, other than maybe Creston Junction.

not a rep, not trying to solicit business. i make rods and try to make them better. want to offer up the opportunity for mags to try rods on the water and then get a rod that i pay for into the hands of a mag while adding something to the collective experience. sorry if i'm off base, otherwise fuck off.
    swing your fucking sword.

I’ll be happy to throw your sticks! Not sure I can make it tho. Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Ha! I spent several weeks in LaBarge one summer in my youth building fence (a mile a day). LaBarge would be the last place on earth I’d want to live, other than maybe Creston Junction.
    I’d hate any place I’d of had to put up a mile of fence a day too!
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    not a rep, not trying to solicit business. i make rods and try to make them better. want to offer up the opportunity for mags to try rods on the water and then get a rod that i pay for into the hands of a mag while adding something to the collective experience. sorry if i'm off base, otherwise fuck off.
    Bring some streamer rods! Super happy to toss those and give feedback. Dibs would appreciate a couple of dedicated bobber sticks to critique.
    Last edited by Lumpy; 03-07-2023 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Bring some streamer rods! Super happy to toss those and give feedback. Dibs would appreciate a couple of dedicated bobber sticks to critique.
    Heh, I liked Dibs green stick so much that I had to get my own. My guess is that he wants something in the 8wt range for throwing meat.

I wanna throw an air2, even though I could never afford one

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I’d hate any place I’d of had to put up a mile of fence a day too!
    Yeah, that’s certainly part of it. The guy I worked for had a custom built rig that he made himself that he dragged behind a cat. It would spool out and tension woven wire and 2 strands of barbed wire, and had a pile driver on board to drive metal tee posts. I’d walk behind clipping the wire to the posts. Things went pretty quickly until we hit some solid rock sections. Didn’t quite make a mile on those days.

tgapp put this on my radar. Penciling it in on the calendar. I aint got no fishing gear, aint got no boat. But sure would enjoy seeing Tgapp and Django, meeting some other mags, camping, drinking and petting dogs.

What are the dates everyone is going to be there?

Thinking about arriving on 4/20 and staying through the weekend, thoughts on that?

Harry and I will be carpooling down unless he chooses to stay longer than me, in which case we'll caravan.

I expect we'll pull in the evening of the 19th or early on the 20th.
    I'm likely out on Saturday morning, the 22nd.
    Got a flight on Monday.

I'm still laughing about living in La Barge...

I'm headed there the 15th, staying through the 23rd. My oldest son may come out with me the first weekend. I'm still holding out hope that my boat is ready by then.

I just checked the state regs. Book says pink bobbers and squirmy worms only allowed from dam to Red Creek and tenkara only from Red Creek to Swinging Bridge April 20-23.

I just checked the state regs. Book says pink bobbers and squirmy worms only allowed from dam to Red Creek and tenkara only from Red Creek to Swinging Bridge April 20-23.
    perfect that was exactly my plan anyway

can I run a plastic egg underneath the worm for a classic breakfast combo?

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    perfect that was exactly my plan anyway

can I run a plastic egg underneath the worm for a classic breakfast combo?

They’ll allow for plastic eggs only if they are from the injection molding factory in LaBarge.

Now that I know I can bring my worms, bobbers and tenkara I am definitely in! Shooting to arrive mid day on the 20th and then out most likely on Saturday the 22nd (after short float). I can bring a raft and possibly might enlist my DJ bud to bring a drifts

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I can bring a raft and possibly might enlist my DJ bud to bring a drifts
    Mr. Landia sent me his calculations for swinging dick to boat ratio and I think bringing your own vessel might be a good idea.

For everyone, not that I'm the official TL here, but this group is going to be larger than usual and there is no comprehensive meal plan. I'm sure there will be plenty of sharing, but don't plan on being fed all of your meals, especially lunches.

Also, since there will be so many boats around, I have a pair of Cataract Streamlite shafts for 10 ft oars that I'd like to let go for cheap. May or may not have blades, gotta check the shed.

I’m estimating we’ll have 22-24 people out there and 8 boats. There may be a few more coming but they’ll have water travel devices of their own.

I’ll probably make my famous fried rice one night, Lumpy is bringing along some elk burger so I’ll probably make burgers on the blackstone another night. I usually end up bringing way too much food and then eating dirt and beef jerky all weekend.

There is plenty of room for camping so bring a tent, a decent sleeping bag and a camp chair. If everyone brings a bundle of firewood we’ll be able to stave off cold morning temps and eat after dinner smores. I’ll have my (quiet Honda) generator so phone and electronics charging will be available.

Got word yesterday my boat has been built, it’s supposed to ship in the next couple days so I should have it next week.

Mike from Stealthcraft sent me some pics, it turned out pretty well.

Name:  2285E7FC-DA4B-41CC-95BC-AF1827460975.jpeg
Views: 411
Size:  150.2 KB

Name:  C8249ED2-B04E-4E6F-98F6-7D58BBCD8812.jpeg
Views: 403
Size:  159.7 KB

Name:  4AEED129-ED5D-47B2-A77C-2819842FB8AD.jpeg
Views: 423
Size:  122.7 KB

Name:  71DF819F-E675-442D-8100-A4E78043386F.jpeg
Views: 430
Size:  149.7 KB

Because Bobs new boat seats two in the bow, I’ll bring my steelhead plug rods and a couple Fish-On holders we can screw into the gunnel. That way we can back troll sardine wrapped Hot Shots and Kwikfish from the dam down to camp. Should I bring galvanized or painted sheet metal screws to attach rod holders?

So yeah, I’ll have the clack and an Outcast Striker if needed.

Congrats BobMc on your new boat!

I'm getting pretty stoked for this.

That boat is SWEET.

Congrats Bob.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
    Congrats BobMc on your new boat!

I'm getting pretty stoked for this.

So, that is effectively called “The Ratf*’k”?

WOW! That boat is beautiful
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Bob, boat looks great! Welcome to the club.

I’m really hoping to make this. It’s going to be somewhat week of, work dependent. Ideally head out Thursday night, float Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning. But may just be a weekend deal. Are people hanging around Saturday/ Sunday?

Will bring a boat, lots of junk flies, and the really big bobbers

Stoked!

So, that is effectively called “The Ratf*’k”?
    “BDE Mouse”?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    might enlist my DJ bud to bring a drifts
    Since I will be hanging out at DJ Bud’s waxroom for several days prior I can help facilitate this operation.

I’ve poached that boat before. HTFB & I were struggling getting blown upriver in that red raft, so we went over to your crib when you weren’t around and borrowed your drift boat.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters