Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Resort pursuing legal action against skiers for poaching powder

"True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Seems a little heavy handed to me for a real estate development catering to real estate clients that they can ski their own private mountain of powder on a Friday when they get snow.

This quote seems a lot whiny to me: "Memories and moments of joy were stolen yesterday," -- LOL.

Not a great look for Eagle Point Ski Area IMHO in their pursuit of criminal trespassing charges and how they are going about it on social media or through the courts. I guess the sheriff in that area has nothing better to do than bust skiers at a SKI area.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    the lameness of the lowest hanging fruit spooned hippie turns earned on private property speaks for itself with about the same energies ya coulda skied holly or lake or lapped the puffer trees.
    i hope theyre convicted its pretty well posted
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Meh, they tracked the shit out of it pretty good (bad?). Not like they just did a couple runs and that was it.

Don't ski where you're not allowed to ski. There's lots of shit out there that's available.

Lame skiers. People seem to have forgotten actions have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Meh, they tracked the shit out of it pretty good (bad?). Not like they just did a couple runs and that was it.

Don't ski where you're not allowed to ski. There's lots of shit out there that's available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Lame skiers. People seem to have forgotten actions have consequences.
    Exactly. I don't see what's so controversial here, it was private land and they were trespassing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The social media posts certainly came off dickish, but yeah, it's cut and dry IMO. Private property.

Someone needs to post on the social that it took them damn near 2 hours to get the only lift worth riding running last Friday morning
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    Someone needs to post on the social that it took them damn near 2 hours to get the only lift worth riding running last Friday morning
    Cut them some slack, it was a crime scene

heck, even if it was property leased from the FS, the resort presumably gets to dictate terms of access on their leasehold. Still trespassing.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Resort pursuing legal action against skiers for poaching powder

it’s private land

eta they also had to call the whambulance
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Owners kicked us out when it was still closed and called Mt Holly, it's private land. Like Dibs said there is lots of public land that is better terrain, we just went and did City Peak chute.

lapping seems extra greedy. Talk about ruining it for future trespassers.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    lapping seems extra greedy. Talk about ruining it for future trespassers.
    I know, right.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    the lameness of the lowest hanging fruit spooned hippie turns earned on private property speaks for itself with about the same energies ya coulda skied holly or lake or lapped the puffer trees.
    i hope theyre convicted its pretty well posted
    Agree with dibs

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

It's not so simple as "private property". The land was part of SITLA land swap. Home Lease holders in the area have right away access, granted to them under SITLA. Those rights didn't go away with the land swap. The skiers have rights to be there, just like the resort does any time they want.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAlltheTime View Post
    It's not so simple as "private property". The land was part of SITLA land swap. Home Lease holders in the area have right away access, granted to them under SITLA. Those rights didn't go away with the land swap. The skiers have rights to be there, just like the resort does any time they want.
    Perhaps you could enlighten us on what "right away" access is then?

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Perhaps you could enlighten us on what "right away" access is then?
    Apparently it means not waiting for Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Xover View Post
    Yeah I just left. Seemed like it was going to be down for a long while..

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAlltheTime View Post
    Not sure I follow, were the skiers all ‘Home Lease Holders’, or in some other way specifically and clearly granted permission to be there?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I hope those bastards fry.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

How does over-snow travel constitute trespassing? In most western states, you don't own the water that falls on your land so if you can cross private property without ever being on anything but snow, how is that different than being allowed to float a river where the bottom is private property?

If you're just walking on a few feet of water, which is not owned by the property owner, but happens to be sitting atop their land, that seems like a bit of a grey area.

typical selfish incel logic babble…

They should have built a replica of the ski area about 5 miles away. That way, when the memory maulers and joy jackers, lousy lot, poach the powder, they’ll think that they’re poaching the real Eagle Point, but we’ll know it’s the fake eagle point.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!