On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

WTB: Brand new monoski

We want to buy this as a partial wedding gift for my friend who is getting married in May.

We tried to order this beauty and they emailed my buddy back being like, "Why did you order a monoski? We can't do that..."

https://www.donek.com/product/monoski/

Um what? Ok....that's one way to do business I guess. They refunded my friend's card.

So where can we order an actual monoski that isn't $1000 and isn't through some 2003 era French language only GeoCities website?

"They are by request only so be sure you have discussed an order with one of our engineers and received the clearance to place an order. If you have not, your order is likely to be delayed significantly or even canceled."

Lol, anyways
    https://www.powder7.com/Faction-Le-M...tm_medium=free
    or
    https://www.steepandcheap.com/faction-skis-mono-ski

You also need bindings without brakes.
    And be very careful drilling the holes when you mount the bindings! No jig that I know of.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

We have one of the Faction ones for sale in my shop. Would be happy to do a mag discount on it. Lemme know!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    And be very careful drilling the holes when you mount the bindings! No jig that I know of.
    Doesn't need to be without brakes, you just take a dremmel and cut one side of each brake off.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Doesn't need to be without brakes, you just take a dremmel and cut one side of each brake off.
    This is the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    You don’t need brakeless bindings, just an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel.
    Cut the inside brake arm, leave the outside.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    We have one of the Faction ones for sale in my shop. Would be happy to do a mag discount on it. Lemme know!
    Damn. Buddy pulled the trigger on that Faction on SAC.

BUT, now I want one. Pricing?

Anyone have a used one they want to unload? Seems like no one ever sells these.

Google can help with finding the faction board. I had to search creatively to find stock, calling customer service lines and figuring out stocking locations to eliminate repeats.

Call bigger independent shops and ask as well, usually they have more than online lying around.

It won't be quick but you'll find one.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    We want to buy this as a partial wedding gift for my friend who is getting married in May.

We tried to order this beauty and they emailed my buddy back being like, "Why did you order a monoski? We can't do that..."

https://www.donek.com/product/monoski/

Um what? Ok....that's one way to do business I guess. They refunded my friend's card.

So where can we order an actual monoski that isn't $1000 and isn't through some 2003 era French language only GeoCities website?
    Go big, go touring: https://www.snowgunz.com/monoski-spl...78-c2x28730269

Snowgunz is legit. I ripped around on a 178 Flake a few years back. Very fun

I’m trying to find an old monoski for decent price. I know they’re hard to come by. Anyone have one stashed away they don’t want?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Snowgunz is the real deal and way more reasonable than I thought it would be. My kid got a mono from them in the fall with a custom topsheet and bindings shipped to the US for around $600 all in. Quality seems very good and he's liked it for the couple times he used it this winter before getting a concussion.