Cape cod first time.

Any one recommend a book on fly fishing the Cape? What kind of fish ect. Never been and the family is dragging me out for a long week.Thanks in advance.

Striped bass and bluefish w the stripahs being the star of the show.

You can get some intel on this board. https://www.stripersonline.com/

Thanks!!

Where on cape cod? Def fly for Stripers

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Pretty sure there was some advice on here a few years back if you can get the search function to work

Striper finishing is finally fun

Where and what time of year?

Orleans, last week of August.

A couple years ago I was at a fly fishing expo in Lancaster PA and happened across a booth manned by Rich Murphy. After a chat I ended up with his extremely extensive book “Fly Fishing for Striped Bass.”

https://www.wildriverpress.com/produ...-striped-bass/

It isn’t cheap but the amount of information in this book is fucking unreal. I grew up fishing a good amount on the Cape every summer and thought I knew a lot about it, na. IIRC the book doesn’t focus specifically on the Cape but has sections for areas up and down the east coast.

Good luck on your trip. Striper fishing might be one of the only things I genuinely miss about the northeast.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Not sure of the dates yet for my family, but maybe i’ll be in orleans too end of August. Hoping of course ww3 doesn’t kick off and I end up moving cargo for NATO
    A woman reported to police at 6:30 p.m. that she was being "smart-mouthed."

plenty of charter guys around, or, bring waders and walk the tidal flats and back channels watching for fish working. Rent a kayak and paddle around in lake pleasant bay looking for birds blitzing the surface. If schoolies and such are fine, you should be able to get into some. Generic fly patterns have worked great for me.

My pops summers in Bourne and I generally steal his recreational kayak and go paddle around and wade fish different tidal areas at high tide. Buy pretty generic flies, and just drive around looking for working fish.

7/8 wt should be fine.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"