Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Liners Smell Like...

My intuition powerwrap liners have an intense stench reminiscent of fritos. Its extremely offputting to others, but, kinda like farts, i dont mind my own brand (usually). That said, my wife keeps moving them out into the garage to keep the stench out of the house, and there are spiders and shit that setup cobwebs in my boots in a day or two, so i need to figure out a way to deal with this stench quickly so i dont get spiderbit toes.

How do you remove the stench from intuition liners?

Benefect decon 30 is a good cleaner for items that have real bad microbial smells. It's also non-toxic and doesn't smell as strongly as some cleaners. Haven't tried it on intuitions yet.

Last time I cleaned my powerwraps I just pulled them out, squirted a little dawn dish soap in there, filled with water, squeezed them shut and gave them a good shake. Rinse + dry, no more odor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I use two bounce dryer sheets in each boot after every day of skiing and keeps em fresh. Rotate them into shoes while on the hill and change em out maybe once or twice a season. May need the serious treatment first but for continued treatment this works for me and may be good for other mags here.

Not much because I put them on the boot dryer.
    "Let's be careful out there."

nature's miracle (original).

and start using a boot dryer.

To be serious. Everyone’s boots pick up some foot odor. But. If it’s over the top. That’s coming from you.

In the politest way I’m suggesting you might want to look into you?

With respect, too smelly boots might be a reason to look at your body chemistry.

Just Sayin
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Buy new ones and let them dry completely before using again.

Edit: and use clean socks.

Viking funeral.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Cheap grain alcohol -- put it in a spray bottle and give them a good spray bath, inside and out, reaching the far stinky corners of the inside. Let hang dry. Repeat if needed, but one go should solve the problem (until, of course, you ski a few more times).

Throw em in the freezer for a couple days
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Go on their website thread up on cleaning. I believe you can wash with a cloth and soap and water cause they are sealed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

-boot dryers just permeate the room with Frito stench. I use them everytime.
    -my wife will make me a eunuch if I try to put those liners in the freezer.
    -yes, it's been my biological chemistry since forever to have stinky feet. My diet and hydration are super good though.
    -viking funeral will be in order when they do finally kick the bucket. The stench of burning Fritos wafting across lake Washington will be glorious.
    -dryer sheets do diddly. Frito fresh is the resulting smell. Ugh.

I'll check out the Intuition site for more cleaning info, and if all else fails I'll aggressively spritz with everclear or 91% rubbing alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    To be serious. Everyone’s boots pick up some foot odor. But. If it’s over the top. That’s coming from you.

In the politest way I’m suggesting you might want to look into you?

With respect, too smelly boots might be a reason to look at your body chemistry.

Just Sayin
    Odor in boots is caused by bacteria - if your boots are dry, bacteria won't grow. My feet definitely smell when they sweat, but my boots don't have any permanent odor.

The best preventative is to make sure they are dry - use a boot dryer. Otherwise, I like the suggestion upthread of grain alcohol. I'd also grab some charcoal deodorizer packs and throw them in there. But dense foams are hard to clean, so this might not work once they're funked.

Instead of the freezer, leave them
    in the garage/shed/etc on some cold nights.

I like the idea of spraying with alcohol though. One for you, one for me….

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I like the idea of spraying with alcohol though. One for you, one for me….
    I swear by it. Someone gave me that tip when I dug up a tie that I had to wear for work after X squared years of not wearing one, and it was musty and smelly. Turns out, the grain alcohol kills odors on my boot liners too.

myrazyme is sposed to work

kayakers would use vinegar on rancid wet suit booties back in the day
    Last edited by XXX-er; 02-24-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Once you get them clean and fresh, spray an antibacterial spray in them regularly. Works on regular shoes too, anything with a porous liner where the bacteria can grow (read not leather).

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

While you're drying your boots, dry your gloves on the boot dryer. My gloves used to smell. Now they don't.

buy new ones
    start over

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    myrazyme is sposed to work

kayakers would use vinegar on rancid wet suit booties back in the day
    Wait .... I thought pee took care of neoprene funk???

of course piss in yer booties !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Change your socks. There is only two standing orders in this platoon. Don’t do anything stupid, like get yourself killed, and change your socks. I want two pairs of socks, 100% merino no synthetic bullshit, on you at all times. When we stop, I want you to change your socks.

I think your wife's sniffer Is just super sensitive after having CG jr . I use a boot dryer religiously and dirty socks never go near the boots. Also spiders can't cobweb ur boots if ya ski erryday... throw jr in one of those packs and take your fritos to lot 4

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

As brought up by Hood, this is the first season I've gone back to synthetics, both in my ski boots (Dissent) and in my training shoes (Ten Thousand) after at least 10 if not 15 years of only merino. Even with a clean pair EVERY day, this is the first time I've started noticing funk in both the liners and shoes...go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Odor in boots is caused by bacteria - if your boots are dry, bacteria won't grow. My feet definitely smell when they sweat, but my boots don't have any permanent odor.

The best preventative is to make sure they are dry - use a boot dryer. Otherwise, I like the suggestion upthread of grain alcohol. I'd also grab some charcoal deodorizer packs and throw them in there. But dense foams are hard to clean, so this might not work once they're funked.
    I was thinking about that. You take too good of care of your boots so they became a bacteria factory? Hot or really cold. Expose them to something that kills shit?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~