Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Utahrdia in the news today

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

This shit slaps.
    When people ask me "why did you leave Utah," I'm going to start playing this.

This is totally normal and not at all weird.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/22/utah-...t-son-baby-56/

“A family in Utah will certainly have a story to tell their newest member ... because a 56-year-old mom is carrying her son's baby.

You read that right, 56-year-old Nancy Hauck volunteered to carry her son Jeff and his wife Cambria's 5th child, a girl. Cambria is unable to carry a pregnancy after getting a life-saving hysterectomy.”

4 kids wasn’t enough, had to have that fifth one?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post

That soul in purgatory ain't gonna save itself ..
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    This is totally normal and not at all weird.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/09/22/utah-...t-son-baby-56/

“A family in Utah will certainly have a story to tell their newest member ... because a 56-year-old mom is carrying her son's baby.

You read that right, 56-year-old Nancy Hauck volunteered to carry her son Jeff and his wife Cambria's 5th child, a girl. Cambria is unable to carry a pregnancy after getting a life-saving hysterectomy.”

Am I a bad person if part of me is secretly hoping they conceived the old fashioned way and he knocked his mom up?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Am I a bad person if part of me is secretly hoping they conceived the old fashioned way and he knocked his mom up?
    It’s pretty much assumed that’s how it happened.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

New meaning to the nuclear option
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ball-team-lost

Holy shit, the guy got his license from a box cracker Jacks and his CDL from a correspondence course he find in a matchbook cover at some shady strip joint.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Holy shit, the guy got his license from a box cracker Jacks and his CDL from a correspondence course he find in a matchbook cover at some shady strip joint.
    Spent enough time in Utah to say, checks out...

This was already mentioned in the Wasatch thread, but

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2022/12...-united-states
    Montani Semper Liberi

Name:  B1C43564-F97B-4FEF-A30D-76A1DD5FD982.jpeg
Views: 483
Size:  153.8 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I 15

My wife sends a tox screen on every trucker she admits to medicine. So far 100% positive over 18 years.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    My wife sends a tox screen on every trucker she admits to medicine. So far 100% positive over 18 years.

Wow. Most truckers drive mellow though. But the drivers going to and fro with oil from the Uintah Basin are fucking assholes. They all go over the speed limit and often are in the fast lane on i80. I see them almost every day since I use i80 to go to work and most other places. And they all have 2 trailers like in this crash. I always feel like one small mistake by them and we all die, they give no shits. Countless times I've sped up to get ahead of them, they freak me out. Always wondered why they are always speeding - quota? Too long of a route every day? White trash meth heads?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Too long of a route every day? White trash meth heads?
    They live in Vernal, obviously it's option B.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Wow. Most truckers drive mellow though.
    Ummm wat?
    Nofaking way. I’ve seen a ton of crazy asshole trucker driving exhibitions in the Wasatch front this year - and I don’t even commute for work!!

Passing on the right, speeding, swerving in and out of lane, no blinker lane changes, camping in the left lane, groups convoying to disallow cars to pass. Those behaviors are not what I would consider mellow.

Be glad you’re not out on the roads much (apparently) because you’ll live longer that way!

The worst experience I’ve had though was coming back from St. George on Sunday after thanksgiving. I normally travel outside of busy times but in this instance we wanted to beat the storm. Well holy fuck these frustrated holiday go getters were straight up crazy town. Saw 3 different crashes in the constant red snake and drivers just acting like fools. Was thankful when I pulled the camper into Brighton , alive but frazzled after 7hours+ hell ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Ummm wat?
    Nofaking way. I’ve seen a ton of crazy asshole trucker driving exhibitions in the Wasatch front this year - and I don’t even commute for work!!

Passing on the right, speeding, swerving in and out of lane, no blinker lane changes, camping in the left lane, groups convoying to disallow cars to pass. Those behaviors are not what I would consider mellow.

Be glad you’re not out on the roads much (apparently) because you’ll live longer that way!

The worst experience I’ve had though was coming back from St. George on Sunday after thanksgiving. I normally travel outside of busy times but in this instance we wanted to beat the storm. Well holy fuck these frustrated holiday go getters were straight up crazy town. Saw 3 different crashes in the constant red snake and drivers just acting like fools. Was thankful when I pulled the camper into Brighton , alive but frazzled after 7hours+ hell ride.
    For holiday travel I will often avoid I-15 and go through Milford, Delta and Tooele. It’s not much longer, it can be faster, and you avoid Utah valley and south Salt Lake Valley. It is also more scenic and more places to let the dogs out.

I've driven in a lot of states and countries and I-15 and Utah in general is the scariest place I have driven, well besides Azerbaijan but they didn't have cellphones in their hands so at least they were paying attention while being jackasses.

There was a month where every time I drove I-15 I saw a major accident
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

I will not allow my daughter to drive on I15. I value her life too much.

My neighbor fell asleep at the wheel of a semi tandem. He survived and the retired wit a pension. At 63 he found that 4 hours of sleep a night didn't cut it. Another thing I saw by hanging out at the local truck stop. It's become such a shitty low paying job that it's one of those jobs that Americans won't do. Like working in a chicken processing plant or picking cabbage.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukonrider View Post
    I've driven in a lot of states and countries and I-15 and Utah in general is the scariest place I have driven, well besides Azerbaijan but they didn't have cellphones in their hands so at least they were paying attention while being jackasses.

There was a month where every time I drove I-15 I saw a major accident
    Ha! But how long ago was that? Everyone in Kyrgyzstan has cell phones so I'd imagine Azerbaijan is the same these days or not?

Jmed, you are right I rarely drive i15 except during the winter to go skiing at SB which has less traffic in that stretch. I'm 100% against the Udot assholes who want to widen it because - well that's a rant i will keep to myself. I'm lucky I only drive it south when I'm going to the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Sheesh... That would explain why a couple coworkers couldn't make it to the office yesterday, they live in happy valley and got stuck in the endless red snake. We had a company party down there in the afternoon, 20 minutes to get there, 1h30 to get back. I was frothing at the mouth by the time I got home.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    +1 on this. The whole section between Cedar City and Nephi is sketchy, and if it's snowing or windy all bets are off. I've seen some truly epic shenanigans going up and down the steep bits around Beaver, and drove by some absolutely atrocious accidents.
    Friend of mine used to work for the Moran Eye Center as a mobile organ collector (for lack of a better name). She'd get a call to go retrieve eyeballs from freshly deceased people to be used for transplants. She was going down to that stretch of I15 a least once a week during the winter. Coming back with a cooler and 2 eyeballs staring at her (I'd like to believe the lid was transparent).
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

I've travelled from Sandy to Downtown on I-15 for the last 18 years and average around 20-30K miles annually. I really don't think it's any worse than anywhere else I've lived. If anything, in the last few years, lane keep assist and automatic braking has helped the mouth breathers. My only gripe is automatic headlights that don't default to automatic every time you start the vehicle. The number of fucktards who don't realize their lights are off grows exponentially every year.

Doesn't sound ..... automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    I've travelled from Sandy to Downtown on I-15 for the last 18 years and average around 20-30K miles annually. I really don't think it's any worse than anywhere else I've lived. If anything, in the last few years, lane keep assist and automatic braking has helped the mouth breathers.
    You've been programmed over the years to think this is all normal and similar to everywhere else, just like all the other crazy drivers here. Or maybe the other places you've lived were Azerbaijan, India, and China?