Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post

Not my fault you didn’t go to WVU, where every Halloween night was a rager regardless of school night status.
    We definitely partied on the 31st, but trick or treat varied from year to year in Morgantown.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

What is your rationale for that? I’m trying to wrap my head around this.
    The same reason that a majority of holidays are on a set day of the week rather than a set day of the month--MLK Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving.

I guess my brain has always worked on the numerical date as to when things happen. The day of the week has taken a back seat to the numerical date in any sort of planning I’ve done.

Wonder what kind of psychology goes into how your brain vs my brain looks at this topic?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    We definitely partied on the 31st, but trick or treat varied from year to year in Morgantown.
    The only time I remember trick or treat being moved was because the Mohawk Bowl (between Morgantown and University High) fell on the 31st and maybe once for bad weather.

Anyway, I love how this thread has devolved into Halloween in Morgantown! Actually, the best years were when the 31st didn't fall on a weekend, because then we got to dress up and party downtown on two different nights. And you had to come up with two different costumes, because we were professionals at that shit.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Cocks continues to be the spokesperson for the cult and to hell with anyone else. Making national headlines again for all the wrong reasons. Good job Utah.

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1...x5SK2MaI4u79GA

Cocks continues to be the spokesperson for the cult and to hell with anyone else. Making national headlines again for all the wrong reasons. Good job Utah.

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1...x5SK2MaI4u79GA
    you should ski more and complain less. Do better

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    you should ski more and complain less. Do better
    Jumping in here.... you do better. At face value that bill is completely f'ed up.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

^Agreed. You've been here for 5 minutes and 33 posts, all of which appear to just be thread cunting.

That legislation is a national embarrassment.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by MarsB View Post
    ^Agreed. You've been here for 5 minutes and 33 posts, all of which appear to just be thread cunting.

That legislation is a national embarrassment.
    Glademaster 3.0. Ben keeps getting new names to cunt up the board because he’s butthurt not one person here actually likes him. And yet he just keeps coming back for more. How after 33 posts does a Jong know the TGR routine? They don’t.
    Fucking morons are gonna moron. At least try to hide
    dumbass.

What up bagtagley where the hell are you these days?

And yeah that legislation is fucked
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Disgustingly predictable from Cox. He vetoed the transgender in sports bill last year with an emotional statement and managed to trick a few people into believing that he wasn't a puppet. Must have been too much for the powers that be and now we get this.
    The zealots in UT legislature take another proud stand for, uh, freedom? Now they are free to move on to other important issues, such as alleviating our water problems by cutting trees or continuing to restrict the number of liquor licenses in the state. Fuckin degens.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Glademaster 3.0. Ben keeps getting new names to cunt up the board because he’s butthurt not one person here actually likes him. And yet he just keeps coming back for more. How after 33 posts does a Jong know the TGR routine? They don’t.
    Fucking morons are gonna moron. At least try to hide
    dumbass.
    wow you are actually dumber than you look. Every one of your post is you bitching and complaining about something, but I’m the thread cunter? Ok. I’ve been lurking on here long enough to know that glademeister would agree with everything you say. I don’t. I also know that gm doesn’t live in or ski the Wasatch. I was born here, lived here and have skied here my whole life, Einstein. You’re nothing but a religious bigot who doesn’t ski and somehow wants to blame the Mormons because your life sucks. So go fuck yourself bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by ikonfreewasatch View Post
    wow you are actually dumber than you look. Every one of your post is you bitching and complaining about something, but I’m the thread cunter? Ok. I’ve been lurking on here long enough to know that glademeister would agree with everything you say. I don’t. I also know that gm doesn’t live in or ski the Wasatch. I was born here, lived here and have skied here my whole life, Einstein. You’re nothing but a religious bigot who doesn’t ski and somehow wants to blame the Mormons because your life sucks. So go fuck yourself bigot.
    You’re right fucktard, I snowboard.

I blame the cult cause they suck donkey balls but not cause my life sucks. It’s because I have to deal with ignoramuses like you for too many fucking years here. That shit puts me in a bad mood. I don’t hit the canyons here because that a lesson in futility these days. So please kindly fuck right off as you so far are making a great intro here.

You must be a soul sucking momo. You know how I feel about you people so you probably should just put me on ignore like I’m about to do with you.

Have a nice day jongymcfuckface.

I snowboard.
    figures

So you’re one of those skiers, got it. Figures.

I got two beefs. The Cult. It gets my very best, all the time. Having grown up in religion, I have my beliefs. I also have my disbeliefs. And more questions than I have answers, as do most I’ve come across. When I moved here I knew one mo ever from back east. When I got here, Cache Valley originally, I got one enormous greeting of sorts. Yet it wasn’t like any greeting I’ve ever had previously. It was quite conditional actually. After learning more than I ever really wanted to know about the Cult, I came to realize that these people are the nicest people ever to roam the earth, unless you don’t like their conditions…and act the way they’d like you to be instead of accepting who you are. And that’s not just people in this category but these were the ones I was subjected to for decades. So environmentally speaking, I grew to judge them as much as they’ve judged me. Am I right in doing so? Not at all, not on your life. I’m 100% in the wrong and I very well know this.

Self reflection is a bitch but it’s sorely needed. I’m far from perfect. I know this too.

This thread brings out the absolute worst side of me. It’s like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

And shitting on snowboarders is the other. I’ve skied my whole life and still do. Never to the ability 80% of you guys can ski but I get up and down. I also board and since I got my license I’ve enjoyed the hell out of it, especially in certain conditions. And also to keep any of the skiing maggots at least in sight on the hill. Over the years I’ve ridden with over a hundred of you. Hell that was just one day of the Utah Mini way back when. It’s been nothing but a pleasure to meet each and every one of you. Even Glademaster (he once was a great kid).

So why does anyone care what you got on your feet going down the same fun snow while grinning ear to ear and having the time of your life?
    Food for thought as you made me think a bit.

In closing thank you. Maybe I’ve learned something today. Isn’t that what it’s about?

Toning it down….

I don’t have the time or desire to read your bigot gibberish.

Kind regards.

But you read it anyway and then commented. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Disgustingly predictable from Cox.
    Ok, I sincerely want to understand with love and empathy here, but I'm sure that means I'll get attacked...... The bill would ban reassignment surgery and hormone therapy for minors? I'm not sure that I disagree with that. Medical procedures that are difficult to reverse and cause lifelong changes might be better suited to a fully developed brain? I know that minors cannot receive a vasectomy for that reason and there are other procedures that minors either can't get or shouldn't, but there may not be legislation. Anyway, just trying to understand, admittedly I haven't read the full bill.

I should probably have this conversation in person with people I trust to know the issues, but I'm asking you people.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    but I'm sure that means I’ll get attacked……..

admittedly I haven't read the full bill.

no doubt about that. This is tgr after all.

don’t worry about reading the full bill, no one else has read it either. As you can see they’re getting all the information they need from twitter.

Ok, I sincerely want to understand with love and empathy here, but I'm sure that means I'll get attacked...... The bill would ban reassignment surgery and hormone therapy for minors? I'm not sure that I disagree with that. Medical procedures that are difficult to reverse and cause lifelong changes might be better suited to a fully developed brain? I know that minors cannot receive a vasectomy for that reason and there are other procedures that minors either can't get or shouldn't, but there may not be legislation. Anyway, just trying to understand, admittedly I haven't read the full bill.

I should probably have this conversation in person with people I trust to know the issues, but I'm asking you people.
    Reading the bill will help answer a few questions. That said it’ll probably produce more questions as well. I know I have some more now.

My first big question: why do we need the government to intervene into a parental issue?

Define minor.

AAP and Endocrine Society guidelines call for developmentally appropriate care, and that means no puberty blockers or hormones until young people are already undergoing puberty for their sex assigned at birth. For one thing, “there are no hormonal differences among prepubertal children,” says Joshua Safer, executive director of the Mount Sinai Center for Transgender Medicine and Surgery in New York City and co-author of the Endocrine Society’s guidelines. Those guidelines provide the option of gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogues (GnRHas), which block the release of sex hormones, once young people are already into the second of five puberty stages—marked by breast budding and pubic hair. These are offered only if a teen is not ready to make decisions about puberty. Access to gender-affirming hormones and potential access to gender-affirming surgery is available at age 16—and then, in the case of transmasculine youth, only mastectomy, also known as top surgery. The Endocrine Society does not recommend genital surgery for minors.

Before puberty, gender-affirming care is about supporting the process of gender development rather than directing children through a specific course of gender transition or maintenance of cisgender presentation, says Jason Rafferty, co-author of AAP’s policy statement on gender-affirming care and a pediatrician and psychiatrist at Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Rhode Island. “The current research suggests that, rather than predicting or preventing who a child might be

A 2021 systematic review of 44 peer-reviewed studies found that parent connectedness, measured by a six-question scale asking about such things as how safe young people feel confiding in their guardians or how cared for they feel in the family, is associated with greater resilience among teens and young adults who are transgender or gender-diverse. Rafferty says he sees his role with regard to prepubertal children as offering a safe environment for the child to explore their gender and for parents to ask questions. “The gender-affirming approach is not some railroad of people to hormones and surgery,” Safer says. “It is talking and watching and being conservative.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-really-shows/

Probably best to leave guidelines to professionals who spend like, their entire lives, studying the topic. Lest people with their garden hose start telling firefighters how best to put out a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Now they are free to move on to other important issues, such as alleviating our water problems by cutting trees or continuing to restrict the number of liquor licenses in the state. Fuckin degens.
    And subsidize rich people sending their kids to fancy-pants private schools.

It’s my understanding that the bill denies the use of puberty blockers which can have huge implications for kids with gender dysphoria.

Either way, keep these decisions out of the government. It is a decision between the child, their parents, and their doctors.

Both of these bills and the general attitude around them are big reasons why we will be leaving Utah after my wife’s contract is finished. She is highly specialized and there is a real need for skills in the state. But fuck raising our son is this environment.

Henry deserves much better. My applause to you sir.

My comment was referring to Cox's about face, not the content of the bill. I won't wade into the issue itself, just pointing out the profound hypocrisy of someone who wanted to protect these kids last year and now is legislating against them. Not to mention his political affiliation should dictate that he be on the side of freedom and "my body my choice", something he was doing a fantastic job pushing when it came to COVID and vaccines.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise