Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...fire-rcna41248

local stoner starts 90 acre fire in Springdale trying to burn a spider with a lighter
    Spider said FUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!

Did he kill the spider?

Utah parents complain student athlete 'is not feminine enough' when their own kids get beat. High school system starts investigating the student's background under pretense of transgender issue.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/educatio...mplained-high/

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    Every time I think Utah is turning the corner.....

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-co...eyball-player/

That is fucked up. And the BYU Coach refusing to attend the meeting about the incident is beyond fucked up. NCAA should suspend all BYU athletics for a full year over this. Every referee that was there should get a lifetime ban too.

And fuck any argument that that suspending BYU athletics for a year will “punish the innocent athletes”. Every BYU athlete present clearly heard the N-word being shouted. They should have called a time out and told their coach they refused to play until the problem was resolved. Every level of leadership absolutely failed here. Coaches, Referees, team captain, individual athletes. All failed to speak up. And BYU’s official silence and stonewalling is teaching their student body a lesson in life. And it’s the wrong lesson.

Sorry Utah, this makes your state look really bad.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Yeah, def fukt up.
    I think it makes BYU and the people involved look bad. To make it a Utah problem might be overdoing it.

Anyone remember the UNC Bball player that accused Briton Johnsen(UofU Bball player) of racial epithets just cuz he got schooled by a white boy? Only to recant later!

Can’t wait for Oregon vs BYU. Duck fans tend remember things like this. The chants should be entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Utahrdia in the news today

Edit.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Yeah, def fukt up.
    I think it makes BYU and the people involved look bad. To make it a Utah problem might be overdoing it.

Anyone remember the UNC Bball player that accused Briton Johnsen(UofU Bball player) of racial epithets just cuz he got schooled by a white boy? Only to recant later!
    I must have missed that one. It's not like Mormons, er, Utahans were ever racist. right
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I must have missed that one. It's not like Mormons, er, Utahans were ever racist. right
    No, not since 1978, when the church’s racist policies threatened their tax exempt status. Totally racism free ever since!

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    I think that same question could be asked of any/all religions and states/countries is the point

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Utah parents complain student athlete 'is not feminine enough' when their own kids get beat. High school system starts investigating the student's background under pretense of transgender issue.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/educatio...mplained-high/
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/educatio...program-keeps/

What a jacked up place.

Or not 'jack' enough.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    I think that same question could be asked of any/all religions and states/countries is the point
    All religions have some extreme bigotry in their beliefs for sure. Mostly about who is going to be allowed into heaven, whatever that is. There's only one that I'm aware of that singles out "black people from an arid land" as beneath the Believers. That said, I never met a Mormon that I didn't like and they did put on a heck of a production on Hill Cumorah every summer that I went to a dozen times.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Well, as a non Mormon living in utardia since 1 yr old, I'm not defending their beliefs and I've met dbag Mormons. If a religion is going to discern who gets into heaven though extreme bigotry, isn't that the same thing as believing others are beneath you? Doesn't most christian religions portrayal of JC as a blue eyed Anglo-Saxon muthafucker kinda racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    ... They should have called a time out and told their coach they refused to play until the problem was resolved. Every level of leadership absolutely failed here. Coaches, Referees, team captain, individual athletes. All failed to speak up.
    This. Stop playing, put your foot on top of the ball right there on the court and tell the ref and coaches that nobody’s playing until the guy is kicked out - or until the stands are cleared if you can’t/won’t identify the perp.

This needs to be part of the athlete’s code for all sports at all levels.

I get that it’s putting the onus on the victim but the athletes are ultimately the ones with the power if they stand together on this…

Edit: athlete said she didn’t want to give people the satisfaction by stopping the game. I get that too, I dunno - still think clearing the crowd if people can’t behave is the only way to shut it down. Might lose some $ but would be sending a message that you really care about your athletes.

This shit slaps.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

That should piss EVERY ONE ON THE PLANET off, no matter what you think.

Hell, that's the kind of thing that will unite all the other species to vote us off the planet.

That’s embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

This shit slaps.
    Lol yup cringy as fuck and very much on the benign fringe of the bullshit being put out these days. Thanks Mormon grand mom

Needs a Snoop cameo.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Can’t wait for Oregon vs BYU. Duck fans tend remember things like this. The chants should be entertaining.

stay classy quakers
    and try to be slightly more original and entertaining
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post

This shit slaps.
    OMG. I can't unhear that. Need. Ear. Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post

Didn’t I scroll past an article recently that reported Oregon ducks team apologizing for their fans’ hateful rants?

I’ll never forget the (one and only) time I attended a jazz game. I was nicely buzzed, went to my seat midway up and within 5 min the horror set in. Mormon families all around me, well lubed with their diet cokes, heckling the refs and other team non stop. It was a relentless display of disrespectful mob energy.

These people were not “cussing” per se, methinks because of their LDS upbringing, but they found it reasonable to scream racist remarks at the opposition players and called out the referees for any call they made against the home team. I was disgusted and didn’t even last until halftime. I’ve never gone back to that arena.

Utahrdia in the news today

Oh look. https://www.registerguard.com/story/...e/69502025007/

Edit to add the irony of Spencer cox calling out bigotry and hate is fucking amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post

These people were not “cussing” per se, methinks because of their LDS upbringing, but they found it reasonable to scream racist remarks at the opposition players and called out the referees for any call they made against the home team. I was disgusted and didn’t even last until halftime. I’ve never gone back to that arena.
    That's pathetic, I would have left too, I think. Super fans can sometimes be a weird combo of white trash but with enough money to afford season tix.

Only time I went there for a game was a surprise for my birthday. As we were nearing the stadium I got REAL excited the surprise from the wife was an NBA basketball game, but in the back of my head I'm thinking "but I don't think the Jazz are playing tonight"

She took me to a f'n Harlem Globetrotters game. And no, this crowd did not heckle the ref or swear at the opposing team, which would have been nice actually.