Page 96 of 664 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    So this got posted on Reddit. They are trying to get around their fascist government tricks

The amazing thing about this I watched a tv broadcast from the guy who ran against Putin saying from jail to protest every week day at 7pm. Weekends @5
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Iron Curtain is BACK!

In other news.. Poland officials are denying these reports.. I'm seeing all kinds of noise from different sources but this one is from NPR. Daily Show last night also said this is happening..

Race, culture and politics underpin how — or if — refugees are welcomed in Europe

Racism is seen in discrimination at the border and journalists' comments
    There are also fresh incidents that have brought charges of racism.

Students in Ukraine from Africa and South Asia have reported being treated poorly and encountering discrimination at the border as they tried to flee. "I've been through a lot in Polish border," Nigerian medical student Freedom Chidera told NPR's Eleanor Beardsley. "I mean, that's the worst experience in my life. I called my mother. I was crying."

En route between the Ukrainian city of Lviv and Poland, security guards dragged "all the Black guys from the train," said Clement Akenboro, an economics student from Nigeria.

International students are facing challenges as they try to evacuate Ukraine
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Fuckin tankies
    Benny's going to be pleased when Russia turns all its unused internet into DDOS DNS and ransomeware attacks on the civilized world.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Benny's going to be pleased when Russia turns all its unused internet into DDOS DNS and ransomeware attacks on the civilized world.
    Ha. They might just flip the switch on the hundreds of thousands of computers holding their little surprises all around the world

That’s how it’s going to happen
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

They already tried once. Microsoft shut it down.

Not to get too too paranoid but it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have some cash on hand. If the Russkies do go all cyberwar, the financial system would be a main target.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Iron Curtain is BACK!

In other news.. Poland officials are denying these reports.. I'm seeing all kinds of noise from different sources but this one is from NPR. Daily Show last night also said this is happening..

Race, culture and politics underpin how — or if — refugees are welcomed in Europe

They're getting shunted to the back of the line because they are not Ukrainian women and children.
    You'd think a goddamn med student could help with an aid station or with pregnant women or fucking plastic surgery or whatever in a fucking refugee crisis. She calls mom and cries about how rudely she's been treated in a war zone. Shoulda bugged out before Midterms!

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Not to get too too paranoid but it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have some cash on hand. If the Russkies do go all cyberwar, the financial system would be a main target.
    /icemanstartsbankruninjeans

ent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    How do they even re-open the Russian stock market? Could be closed for months like when China shut down trading
    You mean buy only? No selling? Shorts will be sent to Gulag?

Someone tell leelau

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    So this got posted on Reddit. They are trying to get around their fascist government tricks

The chair is against the wall and John has a long mustache.

No.

Gold, silver, Marlboros and 9mm

So much irrational exuberance. Bullets are gonna be worth more than cash when those tactical nukes start raining on Alaska.

Someone posted this earlier - I can't remember who - but this video has a thoughtful analysis on the geopolitical and strategic plan that Russia is likely taking. Will be interested to see the next video they publish, as this is a few days old now. (And ignore the click bait like images - it's legit).

BTC FTW.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    You mean buy only? No selling? Shorts will be sent to Gulag?

Someone tell leelau

If I remember right a good number of issues never re-opened. And, the selling bans

No.

This. Liquor will prolly be worth a lot too. Good thing some of us know how to distill, brew, and ferment! We'll be "rich" in the post-apocalyptic world. Will finally be my time to shine. If I don't get nuked or murderlated in the first few days post-nukeage that is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

No.

And clean shower shoes!

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Someone posted this earlier - I can't remember who - but this video has a thoughtful analysis on the geopolitical and strategic plan that Russia is likely taking. Will be interested to see the next video they publish, as this is a few days old now. (And ignore the click bait like images - it's legit).
    That was me. I thought it was solid.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    This. Liquor will prolly be worth a lot too. Good thing some of us know how to distill, brew, and ferment! We'll be "rich" in the post-apocalyptic world. Will finally be my time to shine. <snip>

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Oh, I see what u did there.

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

They're getting shunted to the back of the line because they are not Ukrainian women and children.
    You'd think a goddamn med student could help with an aid station or with pregnant women or fucking plastic surgery or whatever in a fucking refugee crisis. She calls mom and cries about how rudely she's been treated in a war zone. Shoulda bugged out before Midterms!
    I agree the folks in Ukraine should have left sooner.. Valid point about the Syrian and Afghans being turned away though..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Name:  58239F48-B9E3-4BAC-AD07-502E373D4123.jpeg
Views: 508
Size:  202.2 KB

I assume others will follow.

Will our generation have such a hero?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Arkhipov
    "Let's be careful out there."

Take this for what it's worth because it's based on my limited information re: this conflict and what is going on inside Russia bit I going to go out on a limb and say I just don't see how this is going to work out for Vlad.

From all accounts he's isolated his people from the world and is making crazy pronouncements about Nazis in Ukraine. Russians may be many things but they are not North Koreans kowtowing to "Dear Leader." I believe them to be independent thinkers who I'm sure are both angry and freightened at this point. He is making them complicit in his insanity and ruining their standing in the world. How could this possibly end well for him?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    “Olaf, beserker”
    Strong

So much irrational exuberance. Bullets are gonna be worth more than cash when those tactical nukes start raining on Alaska.
    To kill your irradiated family so they don't have to suffer?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident