Page 351 of 664 FirstFirst ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

I didn't see my name on the list.

Ukraine Issues Blacklist Of 'Russian Propagandists', Includes US Senator & Prominent Journalists

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Rand and Tulsi. Good. Call a spade a spade.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    The air force wants to retire the A-10s because they are slow, unstealthy targets that they don’t think will survive well against a “near peer” adversary that has sophisticated anti aircraft rocket systems, like the Russians do. They work only if you have air superiority and have suppressed the enemies AA batteries. I don’t see how this would work out well for the Ukrainians, but I guess if they are willing to lose their pilots…
    As I was saying…
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-o...202251324.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Rand and Tulsi. Good. Call a spade a spade.
    Kind of a stretch saying Glenn Greenwald is a “prominent journalist” though…

Tulshar al Gassad is a current Fellow of The Sanders Institute, along with AOC, Pramila Jaypal, Nina Turner, Saun King, James Zogby, and Dr. Jane O'Meara Sanders. She says the US is running the Ukrainian bioweapon labs that Good Lord Putin was forced to invade to stop before their evil products were used on the peaceful Russian people in another endless war of NATO imperialism.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Turns out beggars can be choosers. Is there no antiradiation missiles carried on the A-10? Not effective wild weasel style drones that can go in and clean out MANPADS? I guess more HIMARS then!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

So in 6 months Pootin already has more KIA than Afganistan and no one in Moscow has noticed because they're all cannon fodder from the outer rim. Fuck Russia.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    So in 6 months Pootin already has more KIA than Afganistan and no one in Moscow has noticed because they're all cannon fodder from the outer rim. Fuck Russia.
    Things are either going get stupid crazy in Ukraine, or stupid crazy in Russia and we’re going to worry about 6000 nukes during a coup.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Turns out beggars can be choosers. Is there no antiradiation missiles carried on the A-10? Not effective wild weasel style drones that can go in and clean out MANPADS? I guess more HIMARS then!
    They want F16s. This explains why:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u...213100120.html

My opinion = militaries always want to fight the last war, and manned fighter planes are WW2. Drones are the future, and this war in Ukraine is proving that. I predict in 10 years militaries won’t even have pilots. This talk about A-10 vs F-16 is dumb, give Ukraine more and better drones.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    My opinion = militaries always want to fight the last war, and manned fighter planes are WW2. Drones are the future, and this war in Ukraine is proving that. I predict in 10 years militaries won’t even have pilots. This talk about A-10 vs F-16 is dumb, give Ukraine more and better drones.
    I forget where I saw it but there was an interesting comment lately that the timing of the USAF talking about sending fighters after drones have had so much success is no coincidence. When budgets ate threatened there are more important concerns than escalation or getting involved in a land war in Asia.

My friend in the manned fighter industrial complex is feeling pretty defensive about it. They're still hoping to build a 6th generation manned fighter. I guess the F-35 is a big success now? Yeesh.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

That 6th generation could be the 1st billion dollar fighter aircraft.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

This war, with all the Twitter clips of $1000 drones is really proving that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    If I win the MegaMillions jackpot, I'll buy one for TGR posters to use for stealth skiing ops.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Quote Originally Posted by From_the_NEK View Post
    If I win the MegaMillions jackpot, I'll buy one for TGR posters to use for stealth skiing ops.
    We'd be happy with some more box fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    And if we start now it'll still be in service 100 years after the first manned fighter failed to out-turn a missile. So that would be nice.

No military wants to give away its newest and greatest gadgets. Clear out the old stuff.

It’s also sad, but a protracted engagement, is probably the administration’s intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    No military wants to give away its newest and greatest gadgets. Clear out the old stuff.

It’s also sad, but a protracted engagement, is probably the administration’s intent.
    IDK. The longer the engagement lasts the more it will be claimed that this was the West's intent, whether that's reasonable or not. What's the value of reducing Russia to a distant third rate power? Pros and cons: they can't be played against China if they're powerless beggars. So you have to believe that empowering China is worth it to reduce Russia. Can they be reduced to a Cuba-level cost sink for China? Unlikely and there's risk in everything but particularly in exerting control over the situation, since that empowers the propaganda. Much more reasonable to help Ukraine and let them make the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    What's the value of reducing Russia to a distant third rate power?
    They already are a banana republic with nukes. If the world (and their leadership) recognizes that, maybe they'll stop being belligerent neighbors to any place that once, or could in the future, speak Russian.

Increased peace goes on the pros.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I'm not buying the idea that Russia needs to be reduced to a third-rate state. Its war with Ukraine has shown it already is third rate. The only thing keeping Russia has in the pro column is they are belligerent and corrupt, so theoretically they could be influenced as a counterbalance to China. Surely about any other country makes a better "great game" counterbalance - Europe, India, the "asian tigers," AU/NZ, etc. Russia brings nothing but mostly empty land, outdated weapons, and unstable leadership. Pakistan is better than Russia as a great power pawn.

Russia should be reduced to not-Russia. A proposed culmination of the Putin conquest based world-order:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Russian-borders-1024x576.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	422638

But whatabout the nukes? Yes, that situation could get worse, but it's currently bad; Putin is not a stable genius. I'm happy to take chances on something better.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Hey, it's TGR, it's a given that the conversations are dumb.

I have seen some video clips of Russians taking down small drones with some type of weapon that appears to be a highly directed beam of maybe microwaves or similar. So, drones are not necessarily the be all and end all of the next war. Drone swarms seem really cool, and then someone fires a weapon that drops all them out of the sky with the flip of a switch.

At the end of the day, the MIC is loving all the money coming from the R&D funds that they are getting out of this Russia vs Ukraine special military operation.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    They already are a banana republic with nukes. If the world (and their leadership) recognizes that, maybe they'll stop being belligerent neighbors to any place that once, or could in the future, speak Russian.

Increased peace goes on the pros.
    Definitely. But my point was that what gets increased peace is going to be nuanced. A thorough humiliation of Russia (and let's be real, that's underway) motivates China to avoid that experience, but seeing an opening might do the opposite. Russia and China have been competitors for a long time and maybe will be again--but not if we believe the new friendship statement and also not if Russia becomes totally dependant on China for trade.

No matter which way this goes there are not enough unmitigated upsides for the US from any single shift in the global order to justify the next 50 years of pushing back against Russian (and Chinese?) disinfo (or worse, if it was true) that results if we purposely tried to delay and prolong the Ukrainian conflict. Conversely, a major PR win at home and abroad might be the best we could hope for here if we're talking purely American self-interest. And quicker is better on that basis.

Given the heavy drag on the world’s economy I don’t see prolonging the conflict being in the interest of the US government

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Hey, it's TGR, it's a given that the conversations are dumb.

I have seen some video clips of Russians taking down small drones with some type of weapon that appears to be a highly directed beam of maybe microwaves or similar. So, drones are not necessarily the be all and end all of the next war. Drone swarms seem really cool, and then someone fires a weapon that drops all them out of the sky with the flip of a switch.

At the end of the day, the MIC is loving all the money coming from the R&D funds that they are getting out of this Russia vs Ukraine special military operation.
    Whether to put a human inside a 6th gen fighter (or indeed, whether there really is such a thing as a 6th gen fighter if it can't turn at double-digit g's) is not really a comparison with quad copters so much as a question of the speed, reliability and precision of controls used on high-end military drones. At some point those systems become capable enough to make the inherent limitations associated with ferrying the pilot around too great to accept.

When that happens is hard to guess with precision, but if it takes 20 years to develop the next fighter that's a pretty big window.

Serious question. Unless you make the drones semi autonomous(ethic dilemma) how can you guarantee that you can't interfer with the drones to neutralize their conbat ability. And I don't mean getting them out of the sky with emps or hacking them per se, but just Signal Feedback ( assuming the data stream is heavily encoded), jamming or Duplicate authentic Signals so the drones are just a few sec late or confused. So apparently smart people have thought about that so tell me why this is impossible? Signal time stamp or live authentification?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.