Page 306 of 664 FirstFirst ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... LastLast
Results 7,626 to 7,650 of 16600

Thread: Ukraine

Name:  38B3270B-BBF1-4C48-98FA-FB72DD47AA63.jpeg
Views: 311
Size:  55.0 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Lol. He’s deleted about 1200 posts so far. Still above 50k. Not sure why you’d delete your life’s work and legacy over a timeout though.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Lol. He’s deleted about 1200 posts so far. Still above 50k. Not sure why you’d delete your life’s work and legacy over a timeout though.
    Anyone got enough time to go quote every one of his posts?

Leroy seems to. But Leroy may also be Benny.

^^^ My thought as well.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I've seen some videos where it looks like there's a soldier pulling a cord to fire artillery. I don't know much about the various systems but it's given me a while new respect for artillery. And for the snow safety groups firing it.]
    Humans still man the guns. Only instead of arranging them in a battery like the picture below the Ukrainians dispersed their guns to fire individually and operate autonomously after receiving firing orders through a network. It's like Uber for artillery running over SpaceX Starlink. As a result you can have multiple individual guns and mortars of different sizes firing from different locations with different trajectories converging on targets. It makes Russian counter-battery and Russian airpower less effective.

Name:  battery.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  81.3 KB

Back to the Cold War, but hot

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Leroy seems to. But Leroy may also be Benny.
    I'm actually just a figment of ISkiBC's imagination, as are like 40% of the people here.

Remember that guy? getting in all sorts of flame wars and when his aliases were outed it turns out half of them were with his own aliases? Ahh, the good ol days.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Apart from you doing the thing you accuse everybody else in this thread let me make one thing clear: im sure most rich people do almost anything for more money or Power, but doing so with a certain ammount of money seems to be difficult. How difficult I don't know because I'm not an economic Genius like you, but it seems to be difficult.

And in leaks like the Panama Papers there are usually only poor millionaires.
    It's probably easy to hide a few 100 million. Or harder with a few billion, but near impossible with 10s of billions.

Now back to Putin, who actually seems to have hidden most of his wealth in the country via state owned companies. Which is quite hard to do outside of autocratic puppet states.
    So what happens to that wealth when he croaks? Or if hes ousted? Does it just become russian state money again?

What about the mob aspect, I hear thats a big part of the russian state.

Also, if you assertion that no one could hide wealth over a billion or two was true I don't think US banks would have been caught knowingly laundering drug cartel money. Thats not just cartel money, its investments in the cartels possibly.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Why does it matter? Why would you think anyone would know the answers to those questions? Do you think the world is that deterministic? Is that why you keep asking same the questions over-and-over? Do you think by asking the same questions you're going to uncover the real conspiracy, the real puppet masters pulling the strings?

No, I just hoped maybe someone had something interesting to say about it, if only mere conjecture, and wanted to redirect things back to interesting things in hopes we could be done with you guys being obsessed with me.

The fact that Russia is a Kleptocracy is well known and has been discussed in this thread. It should either give pause or cause some alarm that so many people in the West, including America, view Putin and Russia with admiration and see it as a model for how things should be run in their own countries.

You guys read way too much between the lines to see right wing paranoia that isn't there. its like the mirror image of the right wing paranoia. Leftist paranoia of right wing paranoia. Oh noes the conspiracy theorists are coming to get me!!!! For people who don't enjoy my posts you seem awful invested in replying to them. Anyways...

I kinda think it'd be really doubtful his offspring who he won't let leave the country would get that money. So either the mob, or the new leader, which likely would be the same thing. Perhaps I'm the only one who finds it interesting. At least more interesting than jerking off to warshow snuff films. I'll drop it.

Putin's children travel extensively. They have houses in foreign countries. Some of them were educated in foreign countries. Sanctions aimed at Putin along with other Russian elites financial networks and luxury overseas lifestyles have been covered extensively by the media and also discussed in this thread.

Answer me this, leroy. Why were you picking your toes in Poughkeepsie? I demand an answer.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Putin's children travel extensively. They have houses in foreign countries. Some of them were educated in foreign countries. Sanctions aimed at Putin along with other Russian elites financial networks and luxury overseas lifestyles have been covered extensively by the media and also discussed in this thread.
    Yea, he's stopped them from leavint the country since the war started. Gotta spell everything out I guess.

Have a good day I'm going outside. Try not to think about me too much, or be too scared of the conspiracy theorists coming to get you.

I don't think anyone is worried about conspiracy theorists coming to get them. The problem with conspiracy theorists is that they are a cancer in democracies.

That I'm not paranoid does not mean leroy is not out there to drive me nuts by asking inane questions derived from semi coherent streams of couscousness(as opposed to consciousness which requires active reflection on your thoughts).

Or does it?

Im just asking questions.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

The fact that Russia is a Kleptocracy is well known and has been discussed in this thread. It should either give pause or cause some alarm that so many people in the West, including America, view Putin and Russia with admiration and see it as a model for how things should be run in their own countries.
    Oh you mean the Republican party? Fuck em.

I heard an interview somewhere (maybe NPR) with someone with extensive Russia expertise who said Putin himself doesn't have much money. He uses his power over the oligarchs to get cash when he needs it. He wanted a palace- he asked/pressured the oligarchs to build it. He wanted to host the Olympics, the oligarchs stepped up.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Leroy Jenkins is perhaps the most eponymous user name of all TGR history.
    "Goddammit, Leroy."

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Friday that his country is “not favorable” toward Finland and Sweden joining NATO, indicating that Turkey could use its status as a member of the Western military alliance to veto moves to admit the two countries.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Srsly. Erdogan is apparently the Rand Paul equivalent in NATO...

Turkey and Russia are Frenemies.