Page 629 of 646 FirstFirst ... 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 ... LastLast
Results 15,701 to 15,725 of 16127

Thread: Ukraine

Yea you and Joseph Joffre. Just one good breakthrough and the deadlock will be broken!

Once more mon ami, over the top, this time with more ÉLAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I just want to see a concentrated push somewhere, I still think that once they get behind the defenses they will romp.
    I'm hoping the arrival of F16's makes a big impact.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Yea you and Joseph Joffre. Just one good breakthrough and the deadlock will be broken!

Once more mon ami, over the top, this time with more ÉLAN!
    A relatively thinly-defended stretch manned by ill-trained demoralized conscripts might turn out to be a somewhat less formidable obstacle than the Kaiser's trenches.

Krynky is a good candidate. 20 at a time seem about right? Maybe they're trying to overwhelm Ukrainian logistics by making them ferry them across

NOELREPORTS 🇪🇺 🇺🇦
    @NOELreports
    Nov 18
    20 Russian servicemen from the 144th separate motorized rifle brigade, deserted near Krynky in the occupied left bank.

https://nitter.net/NOELreports/statu...034970411502#m

A relatively thinly-defended stretch manned by ill-trained demoralized conscripts might turn out to be a somewhat less formidable obstacle than the Kaiser's trenches.
    I hope so too

I don’t mean to dehumanize the orcs but this is incredible orcish behavior.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/11/23/7430047/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

But did he take them to dinner?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Crazy how mild the sentencing was in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    But did he take them to dinner?
    ...and offer them a nice chianti?

Russia's shit has to come apart soon, just fighting this war is bankrupting the and now they're gonna rapidly develop AI and supercomputers, pouring billions into them? Reminds me of Star Wars and the Soviet Union.

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/24604

Russia's shit has to come apart soon, just fighting this war is bankrupting the and now they're gonna rapidly develop AI and supercomputers, pouring billions into them? Reminds me of Star Wars and the Soviet Union.

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/24604
    Putin wants AI to spew his own warped world view and how awesome he is.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Putin in hot dog suit saying "if only there was something we could do"
    Name:  F_jjKYXXUAApneq.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  61.7 KB

https://x.com/igorsushko/status/1728...113393897?s=20. Collapsible mechanical contraptions.

Damn, that's like Buffalo, NY when they get the lake effect snow. Send some to the PNW! But if it means a few frozen Russians in the trenches, then let Ullr freeze some Orcs.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/s...65678944502207
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Somebody's got some explaining to do. Capitalism at it's worst.

https://tradingeconomics.com/germany/exports/kyrgyzstan

Name:  germany-exports-kyrgyzstan.png
Views: 368
Size:  10.9 KB
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Somebody's got some explaining to do. Capitalism at it's worst.

https://tradingeconomics.com/germany/exports/kyrgyzstan

Name:  germany-exports-kyrgyzstan.png
Views: 368
Size:  10.9 KB
    Sanctions at their best.

https://youtu.be/z7yofon22AM?si=NJfqvYZuQHffO94x

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    You stupid cunt that can’t read scales and is internet brain rotted, yes, they do. Not perfect, but they do. 2/3 of th “exports” to kyrgyz are supposedly non-train vehicles (assume cars, trucks?) more Bishkek gangsters in Benz’s wgaf
    Attached Images Attached Images  

New cause of fires for Russia; short circuit FTW.

https://youtu.be/KcBgEg2CyRI

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You stupid cunt that can’t read scales and is internet brain rotted, yes, they do. Not perfect, but they do. 2/3 of th “exports” to kyrgyz are supposedly non-train vehicles (assume cars, trucks?) more Bishkek gangsters in Benz’s wgaf
    Actually, the sanctions against Russia do not work. Russia is getting a lot of revenue from oil, gas. And they are able to procure items that are supposedly sanctioned.

It seems that eu is suffering more from sanctions, and entire industries in Germany are less competitive.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

go back to zerohedge, vlad, no one is buying your lies here.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Sanctions alone will not work. Duh. I read the boys reclaiming Italy in 1943 were surprised to find fresh cases of Coke a Cola and Gillette razor blades stashed in warehouses. Point is sanctions are one weapon, not the only one.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

We need to step up our support of Ukraine. We cannot let the Israel situation derail our commitment. We have to do something about the tiny radical right winger faction holding our entire foreign policy hostage if we hope to win the largest battle we have seen in Cold War II. This is Cold War II and Russia's invasion of Ukraine is the largest hot battle. It sucks because this battle is such a low cost battle for the US, but we are balking.

Our ally is in a defensive war against an invading Chinese ally. We don't have to spill our own blood to stop Putin's brutal expansionism. We can easily afford to give Ukraine what they need to prevail and disable Russia as a Chinese tool that can hold NATO forces in place. That is what China needs for their next move.

The long game of ideological capture and societal disruption played by our enemies is really paying huge dividends. Teaching in our schools and universities for a generation that the US and West are evil, that everyone is simply oppressed or oppressor, allows a reactionary rightwing isolationist insane response. Tankies still exist too. And when a distraction action like Iranian proxy Hamas 7 Oct massacre kicks off (instigated by Russia with a nod from their CCP masters), the anti-west intersectionalists are happy to paralyze the conversation by demonstrating in favor of literal terrorists.

We need to have the will to love, support, and fight for our enlightened western liberal democratic rules based international system, or we can languish in slow decline and decay while our totalitarian energies lick their lips and sate their hunger for domination with the blood of innocent Ukrainians, Israelis, and, next, Taiwanese if we are not proactive.

We have to collectively swing the pendulum. We can see what is right and wrong if you actually believe in the values of the Enlightenment: the value of human happiness, the pursuit of knowledge obtained by means of reason and the evidence of the senses, and ideals such as natural law, liberty, progress, toleration, fraternity, constitutional government, and separation of church and state. If you do, then the West can be the best despite its flaws, which we can acknowledge and collectively improve upon. We can judge what is right and wrong in the bounds of those values.

We can call for the cultural conversation to switch back to civility, rationality, and the determination to focus on the values that make us great. That is what is needed to defend freedom from the foreign threats of Chinese/Russian totalitarian aggression and expansionist Islamic theocracy. At the same time we can protect ourselves from the twin domestic threats of the extremist right and the illiberal left that have become powerful and disruptive useful idiots for our foreign enemies.

The chance to stop this without paying the American blood price is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
    Sanctions alone will not work. Duh. I read the boys reclaiming Italy in 1943 were surprised to find fresh cases of Coke a Cola and Gillette razor blades stashed in warehouses. Point is sanctions are one weapon, not the only one.
    Agreed, Ukraine needs more weapons! (And ammo!)

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    We need to step up our support of Ukraine.... This is Cold War II and Russia's invasion of Ukraine is the largest hot battle. It sucks because this battle is such a low cost battle for the US, but we are balking.

We don't have to spill our own blood to stop Putin's brutal expansionism. We can easily afford to give Ukraine what they need to prevail and disable Russia as a Chinese tool that can hold NATO forces in place.

The chance to stop this without paying the American blood price is now.
    Nice write-up, summit.

I'll add to it a bit.

There's one guy I recently began following who thinks the war could resolve quickly: Torsten Henrich

His point is that a quick end to war in Ukraine is only possible if Putin grows convinced that he's gonna to lose (or if Ukraine utterly surrenders, I suppose). But this absolutely requires a credible commitment from the West. And we ain't gonna accomplish that when after nearly two years we've been unable to express what end state we want out of this.

"As long as it takes" doesn't fucking cut it!

I don't think it would require a thousand tanks or five hundred F-16s, though; millions of artillery shells and hundreds of radars, jammers, and decoys, yeah, that might do the trick. And it's very doable.

A similar perspective was published recently by The Atlantic Council, arguing that helping Ukraine counter Putin is probably the cheapest way possible to do it.

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...urgent-russia/
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

“Ukraine is another priority...We can’t allow Vladimir Putin to march through Europe” — Speaker Mike Johnson