Page 265 of 662 FirstFirst ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,625 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Two types of people in this world. Those that want to or have skied with Harry. And those that don't want to. I know which group I belong to.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I really fucking want to ski with Harry. Genuinely sad I haven't yet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Yeah me too.
    Count me in.

Porcupine Mountain ski off?

It’s the best in the Midwest.

Well. Bohemia is probably better. But I love that state park vibe.

The only problem with prepared positions is that the enemy has probably sighted in his indirect fire. The Russians are good at that. If the Ukrainians have taken a page from the NATO book, they vacated their positions and will come back after the bombardment is over. I am no expert on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

^^^ This is what I am hoping for as well. Let russia (no caps on purpose) expend a shitload of ordinance for nothing
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

How about defense in-depth? The strategy of doing an orderly withdrawal disguised as retreat is a classic move. Draw the enemy further into your territory, hit their supply lines, and then attempt an encirclement at the right moment.

I mean- The Ukrainians are already releasing video of civilian drones dropping single mortar shots right into Russian trenches. They have to have at least some inkling that trenches are not a long term solution by Now. They probably have some form of a plan here, it’s just not clear to the public at the moment. Fog of war and all that.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Oh. My. God.

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/...Qxg-efHAFCdtNw

It’s really real

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Is that Zuckerburg slow sliding down into the tub of water?

RT preppíng their viewers for russian war crime rebuttals

https://www.rt.com/russia/554080-rus...helling-claim/

“Nationalist battalions will form more than 70 mobile groups equipped with mortars with the goal to shell Orthodox churches on Easter Sunday,” Colonel General Mikhail Mizintsev, the head of Russia’s National Defense Management Center, said.

Orthodox Christians will celebrate the holiday on April 24, a week after than the feast was held in most of the Western world. According to Mizintsev, the attacks are planned in the Zaporozhye, Nikolaev, Odessa, Sumy, and Kharkov regions. The plan is to later “accuse Russian troops of mass murder of civilians on this holy day,” he stated.

Mizintsev asserted that “several Western countries” were aiding Kiev in the preparation of “sophisticated monstrous provocations with numerous victims.”
    I think even the good propaganda writers are leaving russia, and now a bot is writing the news. Sick.

Expect the shit to hit the fan until May 9, when russia celebrates Victory Day (WWII), and Putin will triumphantly declare control of the devastated Crimea-Donbas corridor and come off as a peace maker. Unless he gets bumped off first....

^^^Or until May 4 when RU’s grace period on bond repayment in USD expires and they officially default - for the first time since the Bolshevik Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Casey E View Post
    Back on track, Putin obeys god and defines the truth with a stroke of his pen

https://russian.rt.com/russia/articl...sssr-germaniya

Attachment 413550

"Vladimir Putin signed a law that introduces responsibility for identifying the actions of the USSR and Nazi Germany. The document is posted on a single portal of legal information.

According to the federal law, a new article is introduced into the Code of Administrative Offenses at number 13.48, which concerns violations of the ban on publicly identifying the actions of the leadership, command and military personnel of the USSR with the actions of the leadership and military personnel of Nazi Germany and European Axis countries during World War II, and also to the denial of the decisive role of the Soviet people in the defeat of Nazi Germany and the humanitarian mission of the USSR in the liberation of European countries."

"“If in some countries criminal punishment is provided for the denial of the Armenian genocide, God himself ordered us to turn on appropriate mechanisms to protect the truth about the very recent past,” Putin replied."

Attachment 413552
    Name:  Image1650330798.333511.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  79.9 KB

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

My business partner is from Kharkiv and left early today to grieve with the announcement of the new offensive and the destruction to come.

He believes a minimum of 100k civilians are dead and will top out at >1MM by the time Russia is done.

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Ukraine

Whatever they are doing, they must have prepared pretty fucking well. Saw a pice on female snipers armed with top notch rifles and scopes. Sad to think they’re dead or may be soon with Mariupol surrounded. That steel plant looks like something out of Stalingrad. Under ground city apparently.

Pure gnar

This may be a good day to consider donating to help Ukraine.

Can donate to Red Cross, specifically to aid Ukraine, here:

https://www.redcross.org/donate/cm/a...ubcode=abc-pub

I donated at the start of this war, re-upped today.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Generally fighting from a prepared defense allows you better odds of winning. Keep in mind Ukraine has had 8 years to develop their engagement areas throughout the eastern part of their country. That’s not something I’d want to attack through.
    Where’ve you been? We’ve needed someone with actual expertise for ages now.

Don't mess with the ladies of Ukraine.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com..._kriss_vector/
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    The only problem with prepared positions is that the enemy has probably sighted in his indirect fire. The Russians are good at that. If the Ukrainians have taken a page from the NATO book, they vacated their positions and will come back after the bombardment is over. I am no expert on this.
    Yes, but your Survivability increases in a prepared fighting position. Fires are significantly less effective. Ukraine’s ability to contest both the air and electronic domain have drastically reduced Russian precision fire capabilities in this conflict. We aren’t seeing the effects we saw in ‘14 or more recently against their Armenian allies. For forest to be effective against a prepared defense they need to be synchronized with the maneuver forces. Russia has shown minimal synchronization capability.

Even in the open terrain of eastern Ukraine we have seen little ability or willingness from Russia to maneuver away from roadways. This drastically decreases the amount of complex obstacles Ukraine will require and allow the defenders to effectively mass their combat power against the numerically superior Russian forces. IUkraine is also fighting on their home turf, on terrain they both know, and have rehearsed fighting over for close to a decade. Their obstacles will be well positioned and require Russia to continually deploy and this replace and repair their breaching and recovery assets - something they have shown no capability to do over the last two months. I predict the Russian assault force will become stalled out in a few days.

If Ukraine can get Russian forces to prematurely deploy, likely multiple times, their assault will bottle neck. This will also deploy the artillery to far back to maintain effective contact on the Ukrainian defenses.

The Ukrainian forces are also heavily attrited at this point too. I’d have like to see them be more aggressive during Russia’s transition. They have been active but this has been a great opportunity to push out the reconnaissance elements and elevate that fight. Generally the transition is the best opportunity to blind the enemy as many planners shift focus from the reconnaissance fight to preparing for their current situational understanding of the battlefield. A good counter reconnaissance effort coupled with rapid redeployment of the defense either forward or back of the enemy’s expected line of contact will enable you to disrupt their tempo and hit them from unexpected positions and times.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Where’ve you been? We’ve needed someone with actual expertise for ages now.
    Busy, and this thread moves too fast to keep up to date on.
    Last edited by XavierD; 04-18-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Woo hoo! My felting tool is on its way out of Kyiv - you go girl. Can't believe she is still fulfilling orders in the midst of a war. She must be a very strong and determined person. And the mail people, talk about "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night." Crazy. Don't know if I'd have the fortitude to carry on.

Name:  Tool.png
Views: 621
Size:  19.7 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I listen to what Tucker has to say almost every day. I think he’s more honest than most. I don’t always agree with his take on any given subject

I think your over the top disdain for the man is wierd
    Tucker Carlson is a scripted act designed to use crafted outrage to make a profit off of the emotions of poorly educated Americans. There is nothing about the man or his show worthy of the words honest, genuine, trustworthy or American. His continued prominence is an embarrassment to himself, his ancestors, the United States, and the entire human race. May God have mercy on his soul, and the brain cells of all those who listen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Tucker Carlson is a scripted act designed to use crafted outrage to make a profit off of the emotions of poorly educated Americans. There is nothing about the man or his show worthy of the words honest, genuine, trustworthy or American. His continued prominence is an embarrassment to himself, his ancestors, the United States, and the entire human race. May God have mercy on his soul, and the brain cells of all those who listen to him.
    Now that that's out of the way, how do you really feel?

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I listen to what Tucker has to say almost every day. I think he’s more honest than most. I don’t always agree with his take on any given subject

I think your over the top disdain for the man is wierd
    You're joking right?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADF069A3-9EC7-4B59-97FE-ED762C7B8D7D.jpeg 
Views:	129 
Size:	975.3 KB 
ID:	413666
    Russians are not the only ones who make this mistake. Difference is we do it in training exercises they never conducted. I somehow don’t think they have fully learned yet.

Could the mods please ban the next idiot who watches Tucker Carlson and then posts in this thread?

Fucking disgraceful considering what’s going on over there.

Or get some psychological help line set up these twats.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I'm actually shocked they didn't recreate the Putin riding a horse shirtless scene as part of that.

Edit to add: Didn't Tucker pretty much just pick up the worst bits of Bill O'reilly's schtick and run with it?

Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

^^^About 10 sec into watching the “official” trailer, Ms TBS said
    “That. Is SO fucking gay.”
    And I got to say “but wait, there’s more!”

ETA- Xavier, thanks for the posts. Very informative

ETA2 - It’s Raining Men

A day's haul for a Ukrainian combat engineer clearing mines and munitions near Gostomel northwest of Kyiv:

Name:	Gostomel clearing mines and munitions.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	413679

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    A day's haul for a Ukrainian combat engineer clearing mines and munitions near Gostomel northwest of Kyiv:

I'm guessing they can reuse all of that in captured Russian equipment, or repurpose it in IED type applications.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

Is that really all un-exploded ordinance?