Page 331 of 658 FirstFirst ... 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,275 of 16431

Thread: Ukraine

Looks like there are some guys offering up pics too,
    If that’s your jam

Russian ammo dump cooks off following missile strike (Things go cray-cray starting about 3:45).

Daniel Ortega eats here.

A spokesman for Putin has announced that London will be the first city bombed in the event of WWIII.

So basically we've got a hostage situation here. Either we risk the lives of the entire planet or we sacrifice Ukraine. I don't really see a way out of this situation.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    A spokesman for Putin has announced that London will be the first city bombed in the event of WWIII.

So basically we've got a hostage situation here. Either we risk the lives of the entire planet or we sacrifice Ukraine first, and then risk the lives of the entire planet. I don't really see a way out of this situation.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Looks like there are some guys offering up pics too,
    If that’s your jam
    People are donating to have messages written on various artillery shells, buying drones and equipment for Ukrainian fighters. I guess only fans is another way to do it. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220628-115905.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	420164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20220514-113458.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	420165

So basically we've got a hostage situation here. Either we risk the lives of the entire planet or we sacrifice Ukraine. I don't really see a way out of this situation.
    They are gonna bomb half their own kids knowing that's where so many live?
    I think a "LOL" is appropriate.

more arms to Ukraine is the way out.

Well, London is going to have to take one for the team. Thanks Mates, you're the governuh!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    FIFY
    Yeah. I know. Kinda like Chamberlain giving Hitler the Sudetenland which of course proved to not be enough. It's never enough for people of that ilk.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I like this article in the latest Foreign Affairs magazine- it looks at the Soviet collapse in 1993 to contemplate Russia’s and Putin's future:

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/artic...-putin-survive

Here’s a little of it:

Can Putin Survive?

Still, even a much weaker Russia is not destined to suffer a Soviet Union–style breakup. National separatism is not nearly as much of a threat to present-day Russia, where roughly 80 percent of the country’s citizens consider themselves to be ethnic Russians, as it was to the Soviet Union. Moscow’s strong repressive institutions could also ensure that Russia does not experience regime change, or at least not the same kind of regime change that took place in 1991. And Russians, even if they turn against the war, would probably not go on another rampage to destroy their own state.

The West should nonetheless stay the course.

I found the article instructive, as it provided some k00l insights. It points out the stark differences between the USSR of 1991-1993 and Putin's current situation. The author does a good job of highlighting effective measures Putin has taken to prevent exactly this sort of collapse -- something he did deliberately and, apparently, with considerable foresight.

The author's conclusion is that Russia will not break hard, and that we will likely have to deal with an increasingly embattled and feisty Putin for some years to come. So, analogue to the breakup of the USSR really isn’t warranted. Maybe instead, we’ll be seeing Rootin’ Putin’s decline and eventual fall a la other notable tyrants (e.g., Saddam Hussein).

This also appears to be the conclusion reached by the G7 yesterday when issued a pretty expansive and forward-looking statement. They seem to have read the problem far differently that the geopolitical experts of Padded Room, as they’ve expressed a significant long-term commitment.

The preamble:

We, the Leaders of the Group of Seven (G7), are steadfast in our solidarity with Ukraine, and reaffirm our unwavering commitment to support the government and people of Ukraine in their courageous defence of their country’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, and in their fight for a peaceful, prosperous and democratic future. We welcome the European Council’s decision to grant the status of candidate country to Ukraine and Moldova. We will continue to provide financial, humanitarian, military and diplomatic support and stand with Ukraine for as long as it takes.

To my novice eyes, this letter is hudge, plainly stating an unambiguous commitment, including military, through the end of the conflict and towards rebuilding Ukraine's military in whatever peace follows. It covers war crimes in detail, reconstruction, safe haven for political refugees, and more sanctions (with no discussion of when they might be lifted).

Guess that this didn’t sit to well with ol’ Rootin’ Putin. Perhaps he sees it as sort of a de facto declaration of war, and maybe it is. Of course the G7 is not a sovereign entity and is incapable of waging war, but the intent is pretty fucking clear, eh? Even though the G7 is not binding on its members, it is still an economic forum. And if any member is found to be shirking, it opens them to fairly serious economic repercussions, and that is one of the few things that counts at this level. It’s a big fuckin’deal.

So, what’s the upshot of all this? The people that actually matter aren’t (seriously at least) contemplating nuclear attack and are formulating long-ranging plans. And then, of course, NATO's upping their ante, too.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    more arms to Ukraine is the way out.
    No, giving arms to Ukraine is going to cause more deaths.

Peace of the way to go, and Ukraine is going to have to give away something.

Not right or fair, but that's the reality.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

rod is for rape, murder and genocide in the name of “peace” post #47

its only reality as long as appeasers like you think it is

They already gave up all their nuclear weapons in the 90s in exchange for peace.

this just gets more ridiculous every time you type it... do you get paid by the word?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    this just gets more ridiculous every time you type it... do you get paid by the word?
    hes just a dumbfuck contrarian that guzzles oppositional media that elides the fucking horrors of Russian occupation, and denies agency to Ukraine in the name of opposing hegemony. It’s a rabbit hole of stupid

Does it hurt, rod?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

No missile no fly would be a good start. This looks helpful--need to hurry it up:

"CNN: US to announce purchase of surface-to-air missile defense system for Ukraine.

U.S. President Joe Biden plans to announce the purchase of an advanced, surface-to-air missile defense system for Ukraine as early as this week, reports CNN, citing an unnamed source.

The missile defense system, or NASAMS system, can strike targets over 100 miles (170 km) away, according to the source."

https://mobile.twitter.com/KyivIndep...67135011364864

I still don't understand why you guys think more people dying is better than peace.

I still don't understand why you continue to ignore Russia's genocidal campaign against Ukraine's very existence. Sending arms saves Ukrainian lives because the people of Ukraine have to fight against an existential enemy either way.

I still don't understand why you guys think more people dying is better than peace.

why do you think there will be peace?

I don't know if there will be peace, i just think that it should be.

I don't know if there will be peace, i just think that it should be.
    So it is 2022. Good to know.

This rod dude sounds as obtuse as that ron johnson dipshit.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident