Page 328 of 658 FirstFirst ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 16431

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    What’s that brown suitcase for?
    AKA “the football”

Quote Originally Posted by skinny_kid View Post
    The Ukrainian soldiers I interact with
    This did not go unnoticed

What are these people thinking?

Poland's European Parliament Deputy and former Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski suggested that the West give nukes to Kiev. "The West has the right to give Ukraine nuclear warheads so that it can protect its independence," Sikorski said according to regional sources.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Politicians say stupid shit all the time.
    That doesn’t make it policy.

I know, but still, this is really stupid

Did ya hear the one about the Polish politician?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

Louis Gohmert sez Hold My Beer
    “If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you"

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post

That's probably how it's going to end up - Russia withdraws back into its legal boundaries to save what's left of its army, Ukraine gets nukes so this bullshit doesn't happen again.

That's one approach. Putting Ukraine in NATO sure seems safer for all involved. And doesn't make a case for nuclear proliferation at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    That's one approach. Putting Ukraine in NATO sure seems safer for all involved. And doesn't make a case for nuclear proliferation at the same time.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Looks like the Russians finally took Severodonetsk. Ukraine is running low on ammo for its Soviet equipment and don’t yet have enough NATO equipment. This change over seems pretty critical.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-live-updates/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    There's got to be Ukrainian nuclear scientists from the good old USSR days that know how to build a nuke. They just need to get their hands on some fissile material. Probably doable with some corrupt Russians, or even some dual Ukrainian/Russian citizens on the DL obtaining enough to make a nuke or two.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    There's got to be Ukrainian nuclear scientists from the good old USSR days that know how to build a nuke. They just need to get their hands on some fissile material. Probably doable with some corrupt Russians, or even some dual Ukrainian/Russian citizens on the DL obtaining enough to make a nuke or two.
    This is not something that should be encouraged even with idle chit chat.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Right you are. The biggest long term effect of this may be cementing the idea that nations cannot be trusted beyond what they can be forced to do, and therefore every little country needs its own nukes. The violation of Russia's promise to respect Ukraine's borders and sovereignty will always stand as evidence for that and the only viable counterargument is that a nation without nukes can be protected under the umbrella of another nation or alliance--if that other nation or alliance can be trusted to act.

This is why you don't turn a blind eye to illegally holding back aid and thus weakening our apparent commitment: that invites war.

So far this year, India has now imported five times the amount of all the Russian crude it bought in the whole of 2021.

China, however, overtook Germany as the largest importer of Russian crude oil anywhere in the world.

Russia is likely getting more revenues from oil and gas now than before the war in Ukraine.

I still maintain that, at least for oil and gas, the sanctions are hurting us more than Russia.

...ignoring...
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Of course feel free to ignore me, but i wonder why. Do you disagree with the data?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    My bad. Besides, I doubt Ukraine could build a nuclear weapons program without Putin catching wind of it.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

We’ve all been on borrowed time since 1945.

Hate to tell you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    We’ve all been on borrowed time since 1945.

Hate to tell you guys.

Fricking Boomers. They partied like it was 1945, and the rest of us aren't going to get the same ROI!

Lots of purported German reddit/twitter users so butthurt over the times op-ed calling out Germany both not being generous and for dragging their feet on the promised aid.

https://www.statista.com/chart/27331...o-ukraine-aid/

https://www.statista.com/chart/27278...ne-by-country/

facts don't look like they're on their side and they are threatening to drop support over the criticism because they've suffered, as if the families that won't see fathers return from the front and the countless raped women have not.

disapointing.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Trolls brah

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Lots of purported German reddit/twitter users so butthurt over the times op-ed calling out Germany both not being generous and for dragging their feet on the promised aid.
    Not a single heavy weapon has been supplied by Germany so far. Germany is also blocking other countries from sending their own German built heavy weapons.

The reasons appear to be multifaceted. Schulz for example was booed by his own supporters at a rally for saying Germans need to do more. It also seems like Putin's blackmail is having a major impact too. A nightmare scenario for Germany is seeing Russia cut gas supplies next winter.

Let’s get the other 90% of the promised weapons to Ukraine.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/06/14/7352455/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi