Page 446 of 662 FirstFirst ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... LastLast
Results 11,126 to 11,150 of 16546

Thread: Ukraine

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Ukraine is probably the most important place in the world in terms of world peace and American security. Ukrainians are making peace more likely in the future:

• By resisting Russia, Ukraine makes a Chinese invasion of Taiwan less likely
    • And also reduces the possibility of successful autocratic aggression elsewhere
    • They are also making more war in Europe less likely
    • And denying massively increased Russian control of major petroleum, grain, and other key world commodities
    • Ukrainian's self-defense also makes nuclear blackmail less effective and therefor reduces the risk of major nuclear war in the future
    • Ukraine is weakening Russia's ability to act as chaos agent in its desire to undue the peaceful liberal world order

For a small percentage of America's defense budget and without putting American troops in danger, Ukrainians are helping keep America and the rest of the democratic free world safe. There is no other policy instrument, let alone at such a small cost, capable of checking Russian & Chinese aggression.

We should not only be thankful but also slightly embarrassed that they are doing so much for us and we are doing so little for them. If people like Cono channeling Marjorie Taylor Greene are allowed to reverse Ukraine's efforts, it will come at a cost of a less safe & secure America and greater risk of nuclear war in the future.
    in some manner, this conflict is almost a model for thinking about standing up for politically ethical democracy in the US:
    Instead of rolling over when challenged, people who understand the value of what they have stand up to the bullying opportunists

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Anything interesting happening in Ukraine?
    In terms of the future direction of the war today we learned Iran will help Russia build suicide drones. That fact speaks to effectiveness of sanctions in slowing Russian defense production. Even though sanctions and controls are far from perfect, they are forcing Russia to burn through existing stockpiles without capacity for direct replacement through production. The West should further strengthen sanctions and export controls in order to dismantle Russia's genocidal empire.

Far from being ineffective, sanctions and export controls are slowly devastating Russia's ability to wage war on its neighbors.

Ukraine’s requirements for peace
    https://www.president.gov.ua/en/news...sho-rosi-79141

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Iraq:

US attacked Iraq on false pretense(wmd).

Russia attacked Ukraine under false pretense.

I don't see any difference between the two, except that, so far, many more people died in Iraq.

And yet there was no outcry in the developed world about the iraq invasion. Many posters above have called out this bullshit
    In Iraq, how often did US troops intentionally bomb civilian infrastructure - schools, power plants, hospitals - as a matter of strategy?

I don’t recall any

^^^ Game, set, match.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    That was back in the Ttips days of the way OT forum. If Rod had been around he would fucking well know there were a lot of us being highly critical of American actions in Iraq and just like him now, we were raging about it albeit on an even more obscure ski forum.
    Yes. (As Bunion may recall) I opposed the US Iraq invasion, and I now oppose Russia's Ukraine invasion. Glad to hear Rod's on the same page with me on that one. Great. So then let's focus on the invasion that's been happening all this year and now.

Guys, if someone posts deeply idiotic blather like ‘And yet there was no outcry in the developed world about the iraq invasion’ or ‘gravity is just a theory’ there’s nothing to be gained engaging them.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Guys, if someone posts deeply idiotic blather like ‘And yet there was no outcry in the developed world about the iraq invasion’ or ‘gravity is just a theory’ there’s nothing to be gained engaging them.
    And *much* to be gained by ignoring them.

Tough to do when people keep quoting his lunacy. I will try and do better.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

China’s been shortening RU’s leash. First by telling them to cut it out with the nuclear threats, now this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EE87850B-D6DA-4CA9-998E-51132DF36CF0.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	508.6 KB 
ID:	434710

https://twitter.com/ambdanfried/stat...VeItGKaQyDOMpw

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Um. No. Before (or rather while)Schröder was bought by putin( we're going full circle here) he said that the Invasion is not justified.

Merkel, who was Opposition leader at that time, got the lube and instantly signaled full Support to Bush jr.

To paraphrase: "I would boldy go where the sun don't shine, my great American friend."
    So like I stated, not much said about it. Certainly nothing done it. Unless Gerhards saying it wasn’t justified but taking no action against the aggressor is some sort of stand.

The obsession with Rod and Cono is tired. Who gives a fuck what they think?
    Da, I care.

I pay good money to these two stooges to shitpost on TRG.

I am winning !

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I didn't say they're dumb, although some certainly are. Some are very smart. They're True Believers, cult members. You can't get people out of a cult by appealing to logic, if their logic loop worked they wouldn't be in the cult.
    Fundamentalism, it’s a plague.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Putin View Post
    I am winning !
    Master strategist.

Russian infantry is digging trenches in Russia while lobbing buzz bombs onto Ukrainian civilians as is SOP for Russian military tactics. Snuff films from the front can be seen on the SUN news Youtube channel if you're into that. Lousy time and place to be a grunt.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Iraq:

And yet there was no outcry in the developed world about the iraq invasion.
    You serious, Rod?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    You serious, Rod?
    Rod is seriously cognitively biased or seriously stupid or seriously ignorant of the facts or maybe is seriously a paid stooge.
    what's so funny about peace, love, and understanding?

He is the ron johnson of our times.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I’m still not convinced rod isn’t a contrarian bot.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

AFAICT there's no right to post easily disproven statements endlessly on social media, but here we are. So it becomes a game of shouting down the bs or banning. I'm grateful for the willingness of posters here to tell the trollbots to shut the fuck up when warranted but it still takes an awful lot of effort, especially in the face of organized and amplified disinfo. Anytime one of these gets shown the door, another one comes right back. I think RodJohnson has, kind of like Steep (at least before he went full crazy), a built in amount of goodwill as someone that posts about skiing and doesn't attack people.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Another mobilization official kisses the dust. Tough nuts them ruskies, this one shot himself 5 times before biting it....

https://nypost.com/2022/11/17/russia...-mysteriously/

Meanwhile,
    Earlier this week, Putin attempted to quell mounting civilian protests related to the ongoing war by announcing that those caught criticizing the military or disseminating “fake news” could have their passports confiscated.

“Everyone has to make up their mind: Either you’re with your country or you’re not,” Dmitry Vyatkin, a member of Russia’s State Duma, told RIA Novosti at the time.
    Didn´t Bush say something like that way back when?

^^^Or Elon Musk?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Seem reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And *much* to be gained by ignoring them.
    Hear! Hear!
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Why can’t you fucks understand you don’t have to support Russia to expect the Ukraine to play by the rules. Especially when it’s our ammo. We’re not sending Russia the ammo to shoot prisoners in the head.

planned perfidy is a war crime that Ukrainian machine gunner did his job and saved his comrades lives
    I've watched Willi's videos since he was just eating his spicy peppers --sometimes he seems to play the devils advocate card, and other times jumps to unsubstantiated conclusions just like the rest of us.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.