Page 408 of 658 FirstFirst ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... LastLast
Results 10,176 to 10,200 of 16437

Thread: Ukraine

There’s also a willful conflation of stopping the war with peace and most importantly conflating that with a durable peace by the end the war types. Ukraine had multiple security agreements it abided by and Putin DNGAF, anyone advocating a magical solution needs to understand if it’s a durable solution. Any transient solution just encourages rearmament and repeat, with more dead.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post

There's nothing anyone other than Putin can do to deescalate. He shot the hostage, he burned his bridges, there's nothing anyone or anything that can be done to turn him back into the Cheshire Cat of international politics.
    I suspect the Ukranian Army and Russian proletariat will eventually make Ol' SharkEyes balance a bowling ball on his nose and bark like Schrodinger's cat.

Until then, the opportunity for 1 individual person with 1 bullet to completely change the world for the better is... just floating out there in the ether....

Good article on Russia’s nuclear threats:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0EBA7AF-4082-464D-B950-FB2F8C755DA5.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	428663

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...litary/671642/

(There were better sections to excerpt, but none that also included that particular ad.)

Not that it should be surprise to anyone, now there's more confirmation Russia blew up the NS pipelines: Swedish navy ships were at the site of the attacks tracking a Baltic fleet Russian submarine that they then followed all the way back to Kaliningrad.

Attachment 428664

The Danes have some great frogmen.

They will tell us what type of charge etc was used.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Good article on Russia’s nuclear threats:

Name:	C0EBA7AF-4082-464D-B950-FB2F8C755DA5.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	428663

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...litary/671642/

(There were better sections to excerpt, but none that also included that particular ad.)
    Why do I get used car Website ads on the atlantic and you get lingerie?
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

I say let the Kaliningradites vote on the annexation of their enclave by Lithuania or Poland, or even back to Germany (Königsberg), supervised by the UN or even the CSTO. Problem solved, Putin snubbed.

I say a lot of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Why do I get used car Website ads on the atlantic and you get lingerie?
    Germans are practical?

Crotchless lingerie isn't practical?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Crotchless lingerie isn't practical?
    Good point. There’s certainly an efficiency aspect to them.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Good point. There’s certainly an efficiency aspect to them.
    Overengengineering should appeal to any proper German!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

https://twitter.com/gregmitrovich/st...DagT4jQXw&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    https://twitter.com/gregmitrovich/st...DagT4jQXw&s=19

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    Something strange going on with that show. I’ve watch it a few times and when I go back to reading, my eyes kind of see tracers or something similar to the aftereffect of bright flashlight or strobe in your face. (I’m not joking)
    So the world is filled with tubular entities. Food goes in one end and shit comes out the other. Sperm goes in and babies come out.

From a member of the Kharkiv State Police Investigative Department through google translate
    Link

Neighbors constantly heard screams from there.
    Investigators found a terrible torture chamber in the village. Sands-Radkivski.

After the de-occupation of the region, the police received statements about collaborators, crimes of the Russian army, as well as testimonies from local residents. After the liberation of the village of Pisky-Radkivski, local residents contacted the police, who were holding prisoners in the basement of one of the houses - local residents, anti-terrorist forces and prisoners from the Armed Forces.

At the moment, the police are definitely aware of the torture of burying/digging in the ground alive and using a gas mask with a smoldering rag.

A dildo, a box with torn dentures, wires with ropes and a letter with an interview of one of the men who were there were also found in the torture chamber.

The police know the names of the servicemen who were abused by the Russians.

Investigators and prosecutors are working to establish all the facts that happened in this torture chamber. Justice will find everyone guilty.
    That picture of the bin full of dentures is grim.

Unfortunately it seems like more of this will be found soon.

Every accusation a projection...

"Cannibal complained that since September 19, out of the 23 people fighting with him he had only 7 and 1/4 left, so he needs new people. He urged the newcomers not to be afraid, expressing confidence in the overall victory."

Attachment 428696

Russia- getting the cemetery guy to bitch about 2/3 of his unit dieing as a recruiting strategy

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The way it’s going I wonder if the orcs can make a stand in Crimea.
    Put a toll on it for all Russian POW's leaving. If they can't pay the toll, have them spend 10k hours in labor to repair what they destroyed.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Insightful Russian thinker gives wide-ranging discussion on what Russia and Russians face and what they are about
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2697pPORYuw
    Jake Broe interviews Vlad Vexler

My attempt at tl dr.
    Putin is motivated by post-Soviet grievance, similar to Hitler in the 20s. Putin's Russia is apolitical. Mobilization has changed this, but Russians don't know how to be political and will be deeply traumatized as they wake to Russia's atrocities. Mobilization was always coming, but Putin hasn't set the political propaganda for it. He's rushed. It would have happened in a few years, after the Ukraine conquest. Vexler thinks Russians want a modern democratic state, can't get there with Putin, and don't have a vision to drive them there. Defeat in Ukraine won't end Russia's war with the west. The provincials, who hate Ukrainians for being more successful (toilet seat meme), would likewise eagerly plunder Moscow.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    "Cannibal complained that since September 19, out of the 23 people fighting with him he had only 7 and 1/4 left, so he needs new people. He urged the newcomers not to be afraid, expressing confidence in the overall victory."

Attachment 428696
    Did he eat them?

Or at least the 3/4 of that 8th guy?

So many questions

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Insightful Russian thinker gives wide-ranging discussion on what Russia and Russians face and what they are about
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2697pPORYuw
    Jake Broe interviews Vlad Vexler

My attempt at tl dr.

... The provincials, who hate Ukrainians for being more successful (toilet seat meme), would likewise eagerly plunder Moscow.

They did it for Trump...

TASS reports the first mutiny of callups in Omsk because they haven’t been paid, another group of callups transferred Covid to their train of callups and it’s now being quarantined for two weeks. Everything going great vlad!

A good read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/books...putin-ukraine/

I didn’t run into a paywall, so hopefully you all won’t.
    "Let's be careful out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The Saudis are helping Russia (Putin) launder his oil.
    Saudis helping out their Russian oil BFF.

https://www.ft.com/content/64d35a40-...wTfk8028UvDWNU

The White House has accused Opec+ of aligning with Russia after Saudi Arabia led the group in agreeing deep oil production cuts, prompting a backlash from countries already battling surging energy inflation triggered by Moscow’s invasion of Ukraine.

The Opec+ group said it would reduce production targets by 2mn barrels a day, equivalent to 2 per cent of global supply, following its first in-person meeting in two years in Vienna. The actual cut in output is likely to be closer to 1mn b/d as many weaker members have struggled to hit production targets in recent months.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Name:	AF96272B-BDC4-42D5-9BCB-8D60DCA5B4DA.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	529.6 KB 
ID:	428884

https://twitter.com/chrismurphyct/st...hkOwai5cuk9ceg

This was my understanding of the relationship as well, but I was assured it was incorrect. I guess both me and the Senator on the -checks notes- Senate Foreign Relations Committee don’t know about international relations.