Page 287 of 663 FirstFirst ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 16557

Thread: Ukraine

Ukraine

Pelosi gets a lot of shit but good for her actually going over there and showing up.

Not sure what you’re inferring MTT.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I was thinking that a delegation from 20-30 countries should really just stay there until this thing simmers down to ensure that Putin doesn’t do something really, really stupid in Kyiv.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

In case Russia were to want to nuke Ukraine, what if the US intercepted a nuclear strike on Ukraine?

Risky because we'd reveal capability and it might fail.

It would also embarrass and anger Russia further. Oh well.

Unfortunately, most strike scenarios wouldn't allow the US to intercept due to the Russian launchers being relatively close to their target vs US interceptors. We aren't set up to shield Ukraine.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Going back to the Moldovan situation, yet another cousin offered the following:

"While I still do not believe that anything will happen in PMR" (Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic- i.e., what the Russian-backed cocksuckers there call themselves) area of Moldova, because 1. No one (sane) in PMR's power structure is interested in fighting with Ukrainian units in Odessa area, that is because most of PMR's population has close family and/or business ties to Odessa area. And,
    2. The so-called Russian forces in the area are numbered around 1500. However, after 2014 both Moldovan and Ukrainian governments prevented Russian troops from flying in for unit rotation, so Russian forces are actually conscripted PMR guys that have Russian passports.
    "

Kinda makes sense, but many agencies, even The London Times believes war there is inevitable. I have lots of random thoughts regarding this matter, but there's so much here that I don't understand.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

That is somewhat reassuring Viva. Hopefully nothing happens.

Ukraine struck a major Russian command center killing 200 and injuring the general in charge of the entire Ukraine operation, who was then evacuated back to Russia with survivable flesh wounds.

Germany has dropped their objection to sanctioning Russian oil!

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Ok. I have not studied the diplomacy and don't know the details or expectations of participating diplomats and leaders. I can imagine no one expected Russian enmity nor an invasion when it was negotiated. Nor did the nuke possessing states necessarily want to keep the nukes. They probably expected to maintain relations with Russia while everyone including benefited from a tilt west.

I would guess Ukraine expected more out of UK, US, and Russia than it got for giving up nukes. Ofc Russia expected minimal NATO expansion but had no treaty guarantee, and look how that worked. Although, had Russia actually tilted west, they might be in NATO themselves. It does sound to me like Ukraine has pressed for its guarantees several times with little success.
    Europe (esp Germany) were the ones who blocked further cooperation and guarantees

since people pretend to ski, the director of Krasnaya Polyana fell off a cliff and died this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Pelosi gets a lot of shit but good for her actually going over there and showing up.

Just ignore that moran.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    It’s getting surreal now
    What to say

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

He’s likely inferring whatever Tucker Carlson has fed him.

It has to go into the Fox News blender as Tucker’s viewers are all on a soft foods diet at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Going back to the Moldovan situation, yet another cousin offered the following:

"While I still do not believe that anything will happen in PMR" (Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic- i.e., what the Russian-backed cocksuckers there call themselves) area of Moldova, because 1. No one (sane) in PMR's power structure is interested in fighting with Ukrainian units in Odessa area, that is because most of PMR's population has close family and/or business ties to Odessa area. And,
    2. The so-called Russian forces in the area are numbered around 1500. However, after 2014 both Moldovan and Ukrainian governments prevented Russian troops from flying in for unit rotation, so Russian forces are actually conscripted PMR guys that have Russian passports.
    "

Kinda makes sense, but many agencies, even The London Times believes war there is inevitable. I have lots of random thoughts regarding this matter, but there's so much here that I don't understand.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F503D2A8-9835-4B65-85DF-35FFAF58B6AF.jpeg 
Views:	98 
Size:	185.5 KB 
ID:	415115

https://twitter.com/jackdetsch/statu...6mQoTMcyekpc3w

Surprised this hasn't shown up here yet (or did I miss it?): https://www.chicagotribune.com/polit...qru-story.html

I can see the value as a deterrent but still .........

More sabotage, or Russian incompetence. Hard to tell the difference these days.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/explosion...141717440.html
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    It’s like we’re basically daring Putin to do something while Pelosi visits

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No way Putin harms his fellow kleptocrat.
    Last edited by This End Up; 05-02-2022 at 05:52 PM.

So I was talking to my cousin yesterday and found out that my great grandparents that I always thought were Russian were actually Ukrainian. That kinda brought this war a little closer to home.

Quote Originally Posted by This End Up View Post
    No way Putin harms he fellow kleptocrat.
    Yeah, because he has been so. Nice. to the other dead oligarchs that helped him become insanely wealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Gazprom and lukoil down 15+percent today and more in the last week.
    Great dividend and 25 percent appreciation potential short turn, and a lot more long term.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Hope you went big.

Russian troops occupying the Ukrainian city of Melitopol stole nearly $5 million of farm vehicles from a John Deere dealership and shipped some of them more than 700 miles to Chechnya, CNN reported, only to find they had been rendered useless by a remote-locking system that prevented the thieves from turning the equipment on.

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-troop...054540072.html

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    <snip>
    2. The so-called Russian forces in the area are numbered around 1500. However, after 2014 both Moldovan and Ukrainian governments prevented Russian troops from flying in for unit rotation, so Russian forces are actually conscripted PMR guys that have Russian passports.[/i]"

I recently read an interview about Orcs in Transnistria, saying they have no real logistics support and have to “self-fund” their operations thru border checkpoint extortion, looting and similar endeavors. They didn’t mention the conscripted locals aspect.

If true, it’s unlikely those 1500 conscripts will leave their business franchise to fight on foreign turf with zero supply line.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Russian troops occupying the Ukrainian city of Melitopol stole nearly $5 million of farm vehicles from a John Deere dealership and shipped some of them more than 700 miles to Chechnya, CNN reported, only to find they had been rendered useless by a remote-locking system that prevented the thieves from turning the equipment on.

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-troop...054540072.html
    As discussed elsewhere, they will just be stripped down for spare parts, making the remote-disabling kind of irrelevant. There are already Russian technicians en route to try and get them operational.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Hope you went big.
    Did ok, bought them at 2.50, dividend is 1.12.

Are you spending the dividend in Moscow?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

On what exchange?

That's a good question. I bought ADR s at Schwab, Russia just passed a law that the adrs have to be cancelled, so i opened an account at gazprombank, the adrs get converted into ordinary Russian shares. Then you get the dividends.

It's complicated, but making a lot of money is never easy.

Gazprom is probably worth 15 or more.