Page 307 of 664 FirstFirst ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,675 of 16600

Thread: Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Turkey and Russia are Frenemies.
    I don't know what the rules of NATO membership are, but perhaps vote Turkey off the island? Although... more instability in the region would be most unwelcome.

Lol

https://twitter.com/DarthPutinKGB/st...510304258?s=19

If you skip over Leroy's posts this thread becomes readable again. He's the new Ukraine thread Benny for sure.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Turkey you are the weakest link, goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    I don't think anyone is worried about conspiracy theorists coming to get them. The problem with conspiracy theorists is that they are a cancer in democracies.
    Theyre not coming to get your democracy either. Trump wasn't elected because of conspiracy theorists, he was elected because of polarization, they can't undermine your democrocies unless there is a two party ssystem and both parties have very low approval ratings. Thats its own problem.

Not to mention the fact that often the whakadoo conspiracy theorists end up being right .

Your fear of a few conspiracy theorists coming to get your democracy shows your left wing paranoia knee jerk reaction to imagining right wing paranoia as coming to get you.

I don't know any Putin supporters in the US. Never met a one. I thought the right wing were the ones paranoid about autocratic governments and tyranny and that was a silly fear?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I don't know what the rules of NATO membership are, but perhaps vote Turkey off the island? Although... more instability in the region would be most unwelcome.
    Yea, that wont make them lean closer to Russia's orbit and away from the wests at ALL.

emotionally gratifying thought tho I'm sure.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    "Goddammit, Leroy."

It kind of suits my tgr e persona doesn't it? Especially cus that whole video was a joke done for the lulz to make fun of the WOWers by WOWers.

You spend a great deal of time and effort to troll people on a ski forum. For what? Can you not make better use of your time and effort?

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    You spend a great deal of time and effort to troll people on a ski forum. For what? Can you not make better use of your time and effort?
    I thought it was clear, he's not well. Coherent but manic.

A post here and there is normal. Maybe some discourse to either better understand or promote one's position...cool. But mania posting like keyboard goes brrrrrrrrrrrr, on repeat with all the sensibilities of "we taught our AI by reading 3 years of 8 chan, here's the result"?

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    <snip> that whole video was a joke done for the lulz to make fun of the WOWers by WOWers.
    Which just makes it all the more Leroy Jenkins...

It kind of suits my tgr e persona doesn't it?
    I prefer your other actual serious village explainer personality which is often laugh-out-loud funny. Not always, but often.

I, for one, think it’s super cool that LJ is combining Benn’z obstinance with Altaslob’s verbosity to thoroughly cunt up informative threads!

Apparently Sweden and Finland have too many terrorist organizations for Turkey to accept them into NATO??????

Is there a potential diplomatic end to this, or does our Executive and State Department still voluntarily refuse to have any contact with their Russian counterparts?

You've got it backwards. The Kremlin refuses to have any contact our Executive and State Department despite the fact the American government continues to reach out. Putin also refused to meet with Biden before the Russian invasion.

You've got it backwards. The Kremlin refuses to have any contact our Executive and State Department despite the fact the American government continues to reach out. Putin also refused to meet with Biden before the invasion.
    Exactly.

Shoigu finally agreed to talk to our SECDEF today after weeks of US attempts. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...rt-2022-05-13/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Have a good day I'm going outside.

A short time later...

Lots of pointless text
    You weren't outside long enough.
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Also have heard that UKR isn’t really in a negotiating mood right now, what with them kicking RU’s ass. They don’t want to give up part of their country if they don’t have to.

You've got it backwards. The Kremlin refuses to have any contact our Executive and State Department despite the fact the American government continues to reach out. Putin also refused to meet with Biden before the Russian invasion.
    Conversations started today
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...ar-in-ukraine/
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I don’t understand why you all join in his inane conversations.
    You certainly don’t need to quote him.

Jesus, inflicting psychological warfare on their own people (not literally)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8944D4F0-872D-44DA-A989-C8127147D0DA.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	416243

listen:
    https://m.soundcloud.com/will-ponoma...social_sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Rideout View Post
    Is there a potential diplomatic end to this, or does our Executive and State Department still voluntarily refuse to have any contact with their Russian counterparts?
    It's not our war, we don't get to decide how it ends. That's Zelensky's and Europe's job.

Biden and Putin last spoke on the phone 2/12/2022.

https://www.axios.com/2022/02/21/bid...-summit-macron

"The meeting, proposed by French President Emmanuel Macron, would occur only if Russia doesn’t invade Ukraine, U.S. officials said Sunday."

"The format and timing of the discussion between Biden and Putin hasn’t been determined, and the U.S. would withdraw from talks if Russia makes further moves toward invading Ukraine, according to one U.S. official who asked not to be identified."

"As the President has repeatedly made clear, we are committed to pursuing diplomacy until the moment an invasion begins," Psaki said.

This Axios article seems to contradict one of your points. The US made it clear (3x in that one article!) that they were not interested in a "pursuing diplomacy" as soon as the bombs starting falling. Well, the invasion is underway. Can we get an update on what our State Department is currently trying? I've only seen one news article giving us updates on the diplomatic situation since 2/24 which i shared at the bottom of this post.

https://www.businessinsider.com/yell...ng-2022-4?op=1

From the article: "Biden has made clear that the US hopes to devastate the Russian economy. "

While Yellon isn't part of the State Department, she is a US government official and represent the US on an international stage. Actions like these demonstrate that we aren't interested in engaging diplomatically with Russia, and would rather fight an economic and proxy war. You know, the same wars that turn to humanitarian nightmares, the ones we publicly say we try to avoid.

One article that I found that supports Russia not picking up the phone below:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...d-get-no-reply

Has Biden picked up the phone and tried to call Putin? Or do we add Putin to the list of world leaders that won't pick up the phone anymore when the current Commander in Chief rings.

Read the already provided responses upthread about "picking up the phone."

As for diplomacy to stop the Russian invasion Putin refused all overtures:

"U.S. and European leaders held a video call. “I think the last person who could still do something is you, Joe. Are you ready to meet Putin?” Mr. Macron said to Mr. Biden. The U.S. president agreed and asked Mr. Macron to pass the message to Mr. Putin.

Mr. Macron spent the night of Feb. 20 alternately on the phone with Mr. Putin and Mr. Biden.

The Frenchman was still talking with Mr. Putin at 3 a.m. Moscow time, negotiating the wording of a press release announcing the plan for a U.S.-Russian summit.

But the next day, Mr. Putin called Mr. Macron back. The summit was off.

Mr. Putin said he had decided to recognize the independence of separatist enclaves in eastern Ukraine. He said fascists had seized power in Kyiv, while NATO hadn’t responded to his security concerns and was planning to deploy nuclear missiles in Ukraine.

“We are not going to see each other for a while, but I really appreciate the frankness of our discussions,” Mr. Putin told Mr. Macron. “I hope we can talk again one day.”"

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It's not our war, we don't get to decide how it ends. That's Zelensky's and Europe's job.
    Even so, it's important to recognize that negotiations were never real from the Kremlin's standpoint. Russia made a mockery of negotiations leading up to its unprovoked invasion of Ukraine.

If Russia were to say they now want to negotiate it's because Russia would benefit from a ceasefire as a ploy to regroup. The Russian army is depleted and Ukraine is successfully counterattacking.

That's why we can expect to see the Tucker Carlson/Glenn Greenwald crowd come out of the woodwork in support of a pro-Russia resolution to the invasion. They'll call for "peace" to rescue Putin from his debacle.

Saudi Arabia: great ally, or greatest ally?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E4982CB1-78DA-4D4A-B6C1-8C98D6B63668.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	416253

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/...C50Oz6HWtoPTNA