Page 330 of 664 FirstFirst ... 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 16597

Thread: Ukraine

I can't find it now but I saw an interview with an American getting ready to go volunteer the other day. He said he wasn't worried about being captured because he understood that the Russians were simply executing anyone with Ukrainian nationalist tattoos. So he got one of those.

Seems to me like the reading of the convention as not applying to a foreign legion is uniquely American and Russian. Applying it is inconvenient for the largest armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Those guys are fukt. They are not protected by the Geneva Convention.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I believe alll the volunteers in Ukraine get enlisted into the Ukrainian military for legal reasons. In the recent case of the 2 Brits and the Moroccan soldier sentenced to death, the donestk people's republic tried and sentenced them. Since they're not really recognized by more then 5-10 countries in the world they do what they want. Well, what Russia wants. But with deniability.

Good article on the logistics of HIMARS, and why it may not have made sense to have provided them earlier anyways, and why only supplying four of these systems initially isn’t a real bottleneck.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/...en-four-HIMARS

^^^Agreed, good summary of the logistics
    At the same time, the author didn’t mention the logistics of training for these weapons - they aren’t plug/play - which adds more time before rockets are launched in earnest

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^Agreed, good summary of the logistics
    At the same time, the author didn’t mention the logistics of training for these weapons - they aren’t plug/play - which adds more time before rockets are launched in earnest
    The training doesn't need to wait until they arrive.

^^^No doubt they’ve trained a crew of trainers already - likely in Romania which has had the weapons longer than the Poles.

Still need lots of hands-on time - esp. how to shoot/scoot - before they are effective in the field.

I had this exact discussion 3 weeks ago with cono. I think most of what they already know about MLRS are going to apply. Training from 0 on these systems is supposed to take 6 weeks. Hopefully they've gotten a few people up to speed by now--and show it off ASAP.

Perun on war economics. Guy seems pretty smart for a gamer.

Basically, both countries can slug it out for several years, maybe longer. Russia's making bank off energy exports, but import sanctions and their effects are causing a recession. Ukraine's economy is trashed, but other countries in similar positions have sustained combat (and "won"). Europe's projected growth a little slower as they transition away from Russian energy.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    Perun on war economics. Guy seems pretty smart for a gamer.

Basically, both countries can slug it out for several years, maybe longer. Russia's making bank off energy exports, but import sanctions and their effects are causing a recession. Ukraine's economy is trashed, but other countries in similar positions have sustained combat (and "won"). Europe's projected growth a little slower as they transition away from Russian energy.
    This guy breaks it down like Barney for us, but it's really very simple...starting ~10:32

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    This guy breaks it down like Barney for us, but it's really very simple...starting ~10:32

IF the west keeps providing. Put Donald Trump and Republicans in charge in 2022/2024 and have France and Germany cave to their worst tendencies to appease Russia and that calculus can change significantly.

I stumbled upon this channel yesterday. You might find it interesting

There is one segment where they are in with the Ukrainian foreign legion. Lots of English speakers interviewed

Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I stumbled upon this channel yesterday. You might find it interesting

There is one segment where they are in with the Ukrainian foreign legion. Lots of English speakers interviewed

Thanks. Looks like a campout at the lake, but with camouflaged armored vehicles instead of trucks and boats. And Russians trying to kill you. Fooking Putin

So this FSB guy who carries a briefcase for Putin is found shot at his home. My question, and I think it's a common one, is: are those really the nuclear codes, or is that the briefcase that carries the actual poo tin? Either job seems hazardous.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...utK?li=BBnbfcL

Doh…

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFoota...tm_name=iossmf

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That is horribly funny.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

How deep is your foxhole? Not deep enough.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

^^Fuckn BOOM, cya dudes

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Doh…

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFoota...tm_name=iossmf

One may suppose ACME Industries has finally decided to sanction these Russian jackals?

Can’t be a positive. Seems like a back door move to escalate things. Lots of options for false flags

https://apple.news/ABAhXJQiCRkiEy_jr0EcO3w

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post
    Can’t be a positive. Seems like a back door move to escalate things. Lots of options for false flags

It's not going to age well after Lukashenko gets deposed in a popular democratic uprising...or shoots his eye out with one of those things!

Ukraine

BDA from the first HIMARS strikes are promising.

Last edited by skinny_kid; 06-26-2022 at 12:56 AM.
    We Make Memory When We Do Bussiness

Quote Originally Posted by alive View Post

Belarus has had nuclear capable missiles since the dissolution of the USSR, but they had the older less accurate Tochka (Ukraine has a few tochka too).

Quote Originally Posted by skinny_kid View Post
    BDA from the first HIMARS strikes are quiet positive

Did they light up a 40-mile ammo convoy?

For anyone desiring to help the Ukrainian cause:

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukra...ops-2022-6?amp
    Daniel Ortega eats here.